Pen Y Bont from page 39.

Andrew P

Hi Andy,

I like the latest two ideas, and either work for me ... one question, whats the background story to the yard? Ie what is it serving, or where the wagons are concerned, what are they doing/on their way to or from?  If your anything like me, having that background detail helps work out what you want to do and/or portray?

Rich

Hi Rich, I totally agree with you, but I think on this one it's just a case of a couple of Sidings off a Goods only Line that's used to store  some Wagons and Vans, but I may still add a Loading Dock and some Coal Bins / Staith's, or a Low relief Warehouse at the Back.

Either way it's being built as an Inglenook Shunting Layouts primarily for home use, and so I will have to see how the Scenics develop over the next few Months. 

• Like 1

Any of these inspiration for you Andy, Cronton colliery near Huyton in liverpool

https://flic.kr/p/dx1Fqj

https://flic.kr/p/dwXDDP

https://flic.kr/p/dwUSkg

https://flic.kr/p/dx1D8u

https://flic.kr/p/dxrLXB

https://flic.kr/p/dx1K7m

Quite tempted myself one day maybe as a smaller layout.

Cheers

I'll certainly be tempted by a J94 when DJ Models brings theirs out.

Some nice ideas there Paul.

• Like 1

Just been out for another quick look, (the Wife thought I'd gone to say Good Night to the Layouts), hahah

I prefer the fist option and can still have some nice overgrown embankment or a Low Relief Shed with a Loading Dock to serve the rear Track.

I jus like that short Siding for a Brake Van or an Old Grampus sitting in there.

post-9335-0-80757900-1484344830_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

Hi mate ..... you have been a busy bee today ....... sorry to put doubt in you mind but I would defo get that base board higher ,I know you've got windows there but a nice length of 4x3 the whole length of the shed could be used .....nice eye level shunting level and plenty of room for BV fiddle yard  :scratchhead:

• Like 2

Hi mate ..... you have been a busy bee today ....... sorry to put doubt in you mind but I would defo get that base board higher ,I know you've got windows there but a nice length of 4x3 the whole length of the shed could be used .....nice eye level shunting level and plenty of room for BV fiddle yard  :scratchhead:

Yeah thanks Martin, now why do that at this time of night? YOU KNOW what's going to happen about 2AM. hahahha

Hi Andy. I like the first option which gives plenty of room to develop the scenic.

Thanks Duncan, if by First Option you mean the one with the kick Back Siding then I'm afraid that's a no no, it's far to messy and difficult to work the Fiddle Yard effectively.

You mean something like this Martin?

post-9335-0-43759800-1484349574_thumb.png

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 7

I like that idea - 2am here we come !  :jester:

Well it's only 1am, but I do like Martin's Plank idea above, gives you a bit of room to stretch the legs on all those Gronks, and gives you access to the BV fiddle yard.

Al.

Hi Guys, it was actually 5AM, Yes you heard it here first, FIVE BLOOD E, A.M. (thanks Martin), it's a very good idea, so yes I'll be doing that this morning.

It also gives the 26 a chance to have a decent run and SOUND GOOD.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

Hi Guys, it was actually 5AM, Yes you heard it here first, FIVE BLOOD E, A.M. (thanks Martin), it's a very good idea, so yes I'll be doing that this morning.

It also gives the 26 a chance to have a decent run and SOUND GOOD.

Now I feel guilty :O

Andy P = 24 hour layout builder!

I don't want to be Andy, just couldn't sleep working out blocks, brackets, how much MORE timber I needed to buy this morning, Back Scene, Level Crossing, Coal Yard etc.

So the Boards are about half done and I'll post some pics up later, I did offer up some Points this morning and it looks quite good.

I'm hoping I can fit a Small Platform in over the Workbench area and then if that works Beale Street will be a Small Rural Scottish Terminus that is now Closed to Passenger Services and is now Freight only with a Small but Busy Goods Yard.

There will be a Fiddle Yard at the other end, but with an 08 Stationed at each end for Shunting, (NOT prototypical I know) but I can live with that.

So it should end up something like this.

post-9335-0-87935700-1484404587_thumb.png

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy,

Havnt posted before but have been following your threads for years.

You cant have the new layout in Scotland, East Midland buses didnt get that far!!!. :nono:  :jester: 

Best of luck with this one.

MickD.

Hi Andy,

Havnt posted before but have been following your threads for years.

You cant have the new layout in Scotland, East Midland buses didnt get that far!!!. :nono:  :jester:

Best of luck with this one.

MickD.

Hi Mick, Thanks for Posting and good to have you along for the ride, as you may have found, SOMETIMES I'm INDECISIVE, and SOMETIMES I just cant MAKE MY MIND UP, hahha :no:  :no: :no:  :no:  

Is there such a thing as modellers insomnia? If there is Andy's definitely got a bad case of it. Nothing worse than going to bed with a load of ideas spinning around in your head.

Your right Marcus some nights I go to bed and don't even think about the Layouts, but I guess having two on the go, there's always something to plan.