Pen Y Bont from page 39.

Andrew P

• RMweb Gold

Well thanks you Peter, very kind of you to say so, I must admit when I first saw it on the computer I was disappointed that it was out of Focus, but now I think that adds to the atmosphere of the Shot and Location.

I agree with a Peter it's a great photo Andy.

Cheers

I like the look of the Sig-na Trak Andy

I shall know if that's man enough once I have Sound in the 26, But I've run 3 X 08's with Sound, if it's not, I'll upgrade to the bigger model (looks the same) as the Manufactures said they would do that for me.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Great photos mate, and the Dapol van looks great, although I'm sure it'll look even better when it's been Bodgitted :D

The detail it's possible to get on "O" gauge stock is so much better than the crude representation on "00" stuff.

That Sig-na Trak looks a bit posh, doesn't it? A very nice bit of kit!

Looks like you had fun shunting, and i do like that Ixion tank, it's a great little loco.

Nice one mate,

Al.

Excellent Andy mate you must be well Chuffed so glad your a happy bunny now !!!!!! 

Just one little consideration .........it needs   :jester: GRASS........................!!!!!!!!!..... :jester:

By the end of the week will do...... no rush !!!!!!

• RMweb Premium

Well a New Purchase today see a Dapol Insulated Van arrive into the Beale St Fleet.

attachicon.gifFirst Play 001.JPG

attachicon.gifFirst Play 002.JPG

attachicon.gifFirst Play 003.JPG

attachicon.gifFirst Play 004.JPG

attachicon.gifFirst Play 005.JPG

Needs some serious weathering I think.

Agreed......and replacement of those awful moulded on chains, other than that is it me or are the Dapol wagons getting quietly refined and updated, looks better than the first versions of the chassis.

• RMweb Premium

One question about the Signatrak controller, can you rename the function buttons for each Loco?

For example a lot of my decoders/chips have differing functions for each Loco and it can be a bit of a chore remembering the correct order......flange squeal while stationary isn't that convincing :biggrin_mini2:  

• Like 1

One question about the Signatrak controller, can you rename the function buttons for each Loco?

For example a lot of my decoders/chips have differing functions for each Loco and it can be a bit of a chore remembering the correct order......flange squeal while stationary isn't that convincing :biggrin_mini2:

Can't answer that I'm afraid David, but then I haven't looked at the Manual so it may be possible. It may be worth looking at the Web Site, there may be a Manual on there.

When I spoke to the Makers, the Guy said if I wanted any Function buttons changed to, or from, a Latch etc. just to give him a ring and pop it in the post and he would gladly do that.

EDIT = To say that the Guy on the phone was more than happy to talk and answer any questions.

Edited by Andrew P

Agreed the RTR wagons carry good body detail and are strong. But kits are still necessary if one is to populate ones goods yard with LMS etc wagons. A goods brakevan cannot be too far off. I presume the steel mineral wagons are kitbuilt from a previous layout...?

Agreed the RTR wagons carry good body detail and are strong. But kits are still necessary if one is to populate ones goods yard with LMS etc wagons. A goods brakevan cannot be too far off. I presume the steel mineral wagons are kitbuilt from a previous layout...?

Yes Larry I would hope for another Brake Van, the last was a SR Pill Box, but the next batch of releases are Fuel Tankers, I've got a Berry Wiggins Class ''B'' Tank on order and will probably have a couple more for variety as well. 

The 16T Minerals are Parkside Kits I made back in 2009 for St Budoc, the other 2 Opens on the Layout are Dapol again.

Edited by Andrew P

If I have enough cash left over on Sunday I think I will go for a Connoisseur BR 20 ton brake van. More expensive than Dapol but then I like brass kits. The Dapol vans do look good, though, and to think I drove past the factory on Tuesday afternoon, without stopping.

The earlier comment about Gauge O detail is very true. Ironically my move up scale was because I couldn't handle 4mm lamp irons. Now I find myself working on Laurie Griffin lubricators:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/blog/1565/entry-17592-first-finish-what-you-started/

I have two more to do for the Compound but these have even more pipes. Masochistic to say the least.

Beale Street is looking very good, I like the run along the shelf, it would give my Dobbin (Jinty) something to do!

• Like 2

If I have enough cash left over on Sunday I think I will go for a Connoisseur BR 20 ton brake van. More expensive than Dapol but then I like brass kits. The Dapol vans do look good, though, and to think I drove past the factory on Tuesday afternoon, without stopping.

The earlier comment about Gauge O detail is very true. Ironically my move up scale was because I couldn't handle 4mm lamp irons. Now I find myself working on Laurie Griffin lubricators:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/blog/1565/entry-17592-first-finish-what-you-started/

I have two more to do for the Compound but these have even more pipes. Masochistic to say the least.

Beale Street is looking very good, I like the run along the shelf, it would give my Dobbin (Jinty) something to do!

That Lubricator does look a bit, umm    ohhh ahhhh technical Paul, good luck with that mate.

• 2 weeks later...

Well a very pleasant afternoon, and then I woke up, haha, and then went outside, and I've spent the best part of 2 Hours Shunting BS with the Hudswell Clark and the Green 08 using the Card system. I'm now seriously contemplating a Peckett having looked at  Pecketts on Parade /  ://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/108728-pecketts-on-parade/ , and seen some superb weathering, they weather up into such a nice little industrial Loco, and ideal for BS, but I think I may need to sell the Blue 08 to fund it, as I've got the Minerva Pannier coming as well in a few Months.

I feel something small and Welsh coming on :O . :nono:  :nono: :nono:  
It's only Money I keep telling myself. :sungum:

EDIT = The Camera Batteries were flat, so no pics

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3

Andy

Pity you're not opting for a Great Eastern backwater. A class 15 would suit you down to the ground!

Paul R

Yeah, you may well be right Paul, but it's not one I fancy I'm afraid, each to his / her own.

I'm having the Paul Chetter Protodrive Sound fitted to my 26 in a couple of weeks by Jintyman, so then it will definitely be Scottish when that's running. That's one beauty of BS, it's not area specific which makes different Locos more fun.

Edited by Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

Class 15...... :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

Ah, go Andy you know you want to model a nice GER layout. :sungum: :sungum:

Following last nights PMs the Clayton turned up hauling a Leeds Central to Sheffield Exchange parcels. :scared:

Edited by Clive Mortimore

Yeah, you may well be right Paul, but it's not one I fancy I'm afraid, each to his / her own.

I'm having the Paul Chetter Protodrive Sound fitted to my 26 in a couple of weeks by Jintyman, so then it will definitely be Scottish when that's running. That's one beauty of BS, it's not area specific which makes different Locos more fun.

There is some merit in that Andy. I am a sucker for diesel hydraulics which are difficult to explain on an ex GER branch. They did make very occasional trips into the region but I am stretching things a bit far! That's the the beauty of model railways -our ability to distort history plausibly.

Paul R

Class 15...... :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

Ah, go Andy you know you want to model a nice GER layout. :sungum: :sungum:

Following last nights PMs the Clayton tuned up hauling a Leeds Central to Sheffield Exchange parcels. :scared:

Hi Clive, Hahhahhaha :no: No ER for me I'm afraid mate, :O and no 15's on BS either mate :senile:  :scared: , any pics of it on SE?