Pen Y Bont from page 39.

Andrew P

Hi Larry, I'll try and do a Video tomorrow or after the weekend as I'm going to Stafford on Sunday.

Hi Andy

Have a great day at Stafford show....hopefully I am attending on Saturday....Cheers guys....

• Like 1

I see that there's a Model Railway Show in my home village of Wombourne on 11th March,,,,didn't realise there was a society in the vicinity.....need to find contact details as I need advice....have googled, but no luck? Sadly I am working that Saturday Grrrrrr,,,!

Cheers Bob

Edited by BobM

I see that there's a Model Railway Show in my home village of Wombourne on 11th March,,,,didn't realise there was a society in the vicinity.....need to find contact details as I need advice....have googled, but no luck? Sadly I am working that Saturday Grrrrrr,,,!

Cheers Bob

That's a shame Bob, I'm sure there must be plenty of Clubs in your area.

Cheers Bob

Cradley Heath is probably your nearest.

http://www.cradleyheathmrc.co.uk/

wombourne model railway show

http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/other/events_detail.php?eid=14240

Edited by Donington Road

Cheers Bob

Cradley Heath is probably your nearest.

http://www.cradleyheathmrc.co.uk/

wombourne model railway show

http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/other/events_detail.php?eid=14240

There's also a Phone No on the Flyer Bob.

I do like those point motors.....Just up my street they are with my aversion to mounting such things and generally dikking about. Can you video them being activated Andy?

The little 0-4-0ST also looks neat, in fact positively finescale with those wheel treads. Eat yer heart out 00-gauge-ers.

The Video of the Peco above base board Point Motors, they needed a fine packing to stop them pulling down on the Tie Bar, but NOTE = No Capacitor Dischard Unit was needed, even for the Crossover where two Points are wired to fire together.

I've used the Minerva Peckett for the Running.

Also I have NOT used the Peco PL33 Micro Switches this time so the Points are fitted as supplied

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 10

Thanks very much Andy. These point motors will suit me fine so I now know where I'm heading. Interesting too that you haven't wired the switch blades and frog. 

PS: you also have some sophisticated video editing suite....

Edited by coachmann
  • Like 1

Thanks very much Andy. These point motors will suit me fine so I now know where I'm heading. Interesting too that you haven't wired the switch blades and frog. 

PS: you also have some sophisticated video editing suite....

Thanks Larry, It works for me, I wired the PL33 Micro Switches when I did it the full Garage length but this time just couldn't be bothered, maybe I should have, as before Videoing I had to fine tune with the ends of the Point Blades, but it's only the 2nd time I've used it really.

The Video Editing is just the normal Windows Movie Maker, nothing special in this House mate, all Bog Standard stuff here.

• RMweb Gold

Cheers Paul, pity you cant make it, it would have been good to put a face to a name. All the best with KC mate.

I know we must try and meat up soon sn I must try an get to a show, I'm going to try and get to elr diesel gala on the 18th but something normally pops up :( if you really want to see how ugly I am I'll pm you a pic ;)

Cheers

Edited by PjKing1

I know we must try and meat up soon sn I must try an get to a show, I'm going to try and get to elr diesel gala on the 18th but something normally pops up :( if you really want to see how ugly I am I'll pm you a pic ;)

Cheers

Thanks for the pic Paul, it looks ok to me, but I wouldn't want a date, hahhaha :O  Baby looks contented though.

• RMweb Gold

Cheers Bob

Not wishing to intrude onto Andy's thread but this is the info that was emailed to me about this show.

I hope it helps:

Sunday 11th March

Wombourne Model Railway Exhibition – after a gap of many many years (more than we want to admit to), model rail comes back to Wombourne.

The exhibition is being held at the Wombourne Civic Centre, Gravel Hill, Wombourne WV on Saturday 11th March from 10.00am to 5pm. We are expecting a turnout of around 450 – 500 people of all ages and interests. There will be refreshments, plenty of free parking and disabled access with facilities on site

Currently the following layouts have been confirmed to attend

STOKE CITY             HALFPENNY GREEN                     COLORADO BLUFF           

FRANWOOD TMD              SNOW VALLEY                    STEAM ON THE CAMBRIAN  

SOUTH BOHEMIA                BREWERY TRAMWAY      TRINITY DOCK STREET BRIDGE

ASHBURTON                       BRANDGEIGHT                     SUTTON ABBOTTS

WOODSIDE LAKE              DRAYTON MARKET            MOXLEY                              

TRAFFORD PARK IND ESTATE 

We do have approx 24’ of space still available if there any layouts out there that would like to come along, please contact us on 07734 000260 or email us at Midarc@hotmail.co.uk

We do have trade support from the following

Kevins Trains                      Rons Scratchbuilt Models          12 Volts DC                       Hobby Rail          

John Sutton Books and Models           

Bishops Castle  Railway Society

Again, we have room for another two trade supporters and if any traders out there that would like to come along, please contact us on 07734 000260 or email us at Midarc@hotmail.co.uk      

2018 - We have already booked the date for 2018 as Saturday 10th March at the same venue, interested parties should contact us as soon as possible to make an expression of interest

• Like 1

I'm off to the Stafford Show tomorrow along with some Guys from the Club, and meeting up with GeorgeT for Breakfast.

I don't have any major purchases in mind as I have the Minerva Pannier coming soon and having just got the Hudswell Clark and the Peckett I need to save some money or sell the Blue 08.

But may pick up a wagon or two and some Barrels and Pallets etc, to go in the Opens and some bits from Skytrex as well..

• Like 1

I'm off to the Stafford Show tomorrow along with some Guys from the Club, and meeting up with GeorgeT for Breakfast.

I don't have any major purchases in mind as I have the Minerva Pannier coming soon and having just got the Hudswell Clark and the Peckett I need to save some money or sell the Blue 08.

But may pick up a wagon or two and some Barrels and Pallets etc, to go in the Opens and some bits from Skytrex as well..

Steer clear of the rear hall then. Some lovely Terriers and 0-4-0 saddle tanks on sale!

• Like 1

Cheers Andy, yes HALL 3 wow, :O  and I came away with 4, YES    F,   OW   YOU   ARR,    FOUR, nice Wagons for BS, I'll do some pics tomorrow.

Nearly tempted on a Bachmann Brassworks Class 24 in Blue with Sound, but kept the Credit Card safely in my pocket.

• Like 5

Cheers Andy, yes HALL 3 wow, :O  and I came away with 4, YES    F,   OW   YOU   ARR,    FOUR, nice Wagons for BS, I'll do some pics tomorrow.

Nearly tempted on a Bachmann Brassworks Class 24 in Blue with Sound, but kept the Credit Card safely in my pocket.

Don't do it Andy. You will be massively disappointed the moment it stands alongside a JLTRT version or a Heljan 25/1.

Don't do it Andy. You will be massively disappointed the moment it stands alongside a JLTRT version or a Heljan 25/1.

Thanks for that reassuring note Chris, It didn't quite look right, besides I'm now into the smaller Industrial Locos for Shunting, (queue another HC or Peckett, hahah)  I have the Heljan 26 that Jintyman is fitting the Sound into in a couple of weeks and that will be the only biggie I'll need.

• Like 1

Some pics of my Purchases from the Stafford Show yesterday, a motley collection of Wagons, 3 x Private Owner and a BR Open. Cards will be done for them later and they will add both Variety and Colour to the Inglenook Shunting mix.

Still not impressed with Dapols idea of Weathering, it will need to be totally re-done.

post-9335-0-32621500-1486391987_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-10177500-1486392007_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-89607900-1486392025_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-30331800-1486392043_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-18727400-1486392062_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-97046300-1486392076_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

Some pics of my Purchases from the Stafford Show yesterday, a motley collection of Wagons, 3 x Private Owner and a BR Open. Cards will be done for them later and they will add both Variety and Colour to the Inglenook Shunting mix.

Still not impressed with Dapols idea of Weathering, it will need to be totally re-done.

Lovely ! It still amazes me that Dapol are knocking out rtr wagons for a similar price of a good kit - no contest in my book, unless you prefer to build your own, of course !

How long is the scenic end, Andy ? Before the straight link to the fiddle yard ?

Lovely ! It still amazes me that Dapol are knocking out rtr wagons for a similar price of a good kit - no contest in my book, unless you prefer to build your own, of course !

How long is the scenic end, Andy ? Before the straight link to the fiddle yard ?

I agree about the Dapol Wagons, with Sprung Buffers, Sprung 3 Link Couplings and Suspension and opening side Doors they really are so good.

The Main board containing the Points etc. is 8ft x 18 inches.

• Like 1

re Dapol

I am still waiting for a response (and the missing parts) to what what wasn't in the box of an 8 plank wagon.  Am I an optimist in thinking the buffer spring will one day turn up in my mail box?

I absolutely agree that Dapol's wagons are an excellent source.  Ironically, if it was a kit I would probably make do with a work around for the missing spring, but as it's RTR. . . . .

Has anyone had trouble with the Dapol 3 Links being very tight at the Hook end? I need to have a look at most of mine.

Yep, I did a bit of work on one for a friend when I weathered it for him.

The springs on the coupling hook are also far too soft and the chromed links are a pig to blacken.