Pen Y Bont from page 39.

Andrew P

Nice little shunting session yesterday, just 8 Wagons, sort out into 5 for departure, and almost an Hour and a half later it was time for tea. very therapeutic.  

I'm waiting for the Postie to arrive with a delivery from Rails of Sheffield with a nice little e-bay purchase from last weekend, pics later if it comes today.

Well it's arrived.

post-9335-0-33533100-1512127173_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-59394900-1512127212_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-28871600-1512127248_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

Nice that Andy, will you be crudding it over ?

Best regards

Craig

Almost a shame to do so Craig, but I've never seen a clean one in any photos of them in service.

Edited by Andrew P

When I was painting my old Lima ones and carrying out my research I was amazed at how filthy they were especially around the tank lid.

Hopefully the interior of the tank was in better condition - makes you wander though?

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy

I have been thinking about your move to the big boys toys and your club premises. The 00 is upstairs and the 0 gauge is downstairs. Is this designed to facilitate those who eyesight is more adjusted to 7mm and their agility is now refined to level flooring not stairs, can still enjoy their hobby?

Hi Andy

I have been thinking about your move to the big boys toys and your club premises. The 00 is upstairs and the 0 gauge is downstairs. Is this designed to facilitate those who eyesight is more adjusted to 7mm and their agility is now refined to level flooring not stairs, can still enjoy their hobby?

Clive, up stairs we have the Dornoch Branch (in the course of being re built at the Mound). and is some 50ft long end to end, so Bob, (who bought my Trebudoc) and I will use it on Club running nights / one Tuesday and one Thursday a Month, and / or on the O Gaugers running days, which is every other Friday / all day with a stop at Lunchtime for Fish and Chips.

Edited by Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

Clive up stairs we have the Dornoch Branch (in the course of being re built at the Mound). and is some 50ft long end to end, so Bob, (who bought my Trebudoc) and I will use it on Club running nights / one Tuesday and one Thursday a Month, and / or on the O Gaugers running days, which is every other Friday / all day with a stop at Lunchtime for Fish and Chips.

I'm up for some fish and chips, but do I have to model 0 gauge?

A while ago one of our Club Members gave me some Welsh Slate from his garden, ( NOTE = NOT STOLEN FROM WALES but BOUGHT). Anyway I always knew it would come in handy one day. He had used it on our Dornoch Branch at the Clubroom, so I thought it would look quite good forming a cutting from the Bridge.

post-9335-0-29023100-1512145241_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-92967000-1512145346_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-20636100-1512145293_thumb.jpg

Now I need some more for the other side.

• Like 11

A while ago one of our Club Members gave me some Welsh Slate from his garden, ( NOTE = NOT STOLEN FROM WALES but BOUGHT). Anyway I always knew it would come in handy one day. He had used it on our Dornoch Branch at the Clubroom, so I thought it would look quite good forming a cutting from the Bridge.

Cutting 1 001.JPG

Cutting 1 002.JPG

Cutting 1 004.JPG

Now I need some more for the other side.

Oooooh very Ffestiniogesque!!!

There's loads in Blaenau and Bethesda, just on the side of the road ;)

I wouldn't use too much though or you won't be able to move the plank

Edited by Jintyman

Oooooh very Ffestiniogesque!!!

There's loads in Blaenau and Bethesda, just on the side of the road ;)

I wouldn't use too much though or you won't be able to move the plank

Your right, that bit weighs about the same as 2 bags of sugar.

Very nice buddy, now with the appropriate stones scribbled into the das clay it will fit in and look great....

Thanks George, I'm going to go down the Slaters Plasticard route, and paint it up a bit like this one at Carrog.

post-9335-0-23684200-1512150550_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

That is already turning out to be a very photogenic little layout, Andy  !  Superb use of a very small space !

Cheers Andi, once I get the Bridge done, and some Grass / Weeds in the Track and a Backscene it will have a life of it's own.

Edited by Andrew P