Pen Y Bont from page 39.

Andrew P

I put the Shed Heater on about 9am and by 11 I had to turn it off, I've been in there all afternoon and no extra heating, and it must be well insulated as there is still Snow on the roof from last night at 1600 hrs.

Lubly jublee. :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I put the Shed Heater on about 9am and by 11 I had to turn it off, I've been in there all afternoon and no extra heating, and it must be well insulated as there is still Snow on the roof from last night at 1600 hrs.

Lubly jublee. :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:

Hi Eskimo Peters

It sounds you like your new igloo.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy,

Hi Rich, and thanks for looking in, Yes not much to read really, I hope to get back onto it later in the week, but I have some weathering jobs to do once I get the stuff back from the Clubroom tonight first, and I'm out all day tomorrow, so once that's out of the way I will start on the other Slate Face from the Bridge.

I think my mates Garden is now nearly bare of Slate, hahah.

I read somewhere that Snowdon was actually 3 ft lower than first thought, it must be YOU taking bits away from the bottom :nono:  :nono: so it's sunk a bit,  :no:

Sssshhhh! You promised you wouldn't tell anyone  :scared:

For some reason it didn't feel three foot lower when I climbed it in the summer!!!!!

Like the Xmas Greetings Andy.

Jinty ;)

Phew! Thats ok, Jinty must have been walking up the other side, not the Rhyd-Ddu side! Oops, have I given something away?

WRONG = Nothing has changed in the last 5 days, cos I ain't been in there, :sungum:  :sungum: hahha

But back in on Thursday I hope. :onthequiet:  :mail:

Lol! Its ok, it was a sloooooooooooooooow blink  :onthequiet:

Rich

• Like 1

Brown package just arrived via the Postie, it's the Minerva Pannier, so after our Visitors have gone I'll get it out and have a proper look at it, and maybe find a Chip for it and give it a little run.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

Brown package just arrived via the Postie, it's the Minerva Pannier, so after our Visitors have gone I'll get it out and have a proper look at it, and maybe find a Chip for it and give it a little run.

You won't be disappointed Andy.

Jinty ;)

Morning Andy,

A couple of things you may find useful regarding fitting a decoder.

After the running in period in DC I took the body off mine and noted that the filler caps on the sandboxes and pipework can snag on the steps if you're not careful when removing it as the tolerances are very tight at the rear. The pipework is reasonably flexible so you can ease it slightly when refitting the body.

I also did a temporary fit of an ESU sound decoder. The pin on the circuit board can be a stiff on removal and I also noted that the circuit board was loose when I removed the body shell ( not a major problem and I can live with that but be careful ).

The ESU sound decoder doesn't give the best running at slow speed ( my personal opinion and not a criticism of the ESU decoders per se ) and I will get a Zimo sound decoder reblown after the festives to fit into mine.

I haven't spoken to Chris at Minerva about this as I am very satisfied and are only minor for me.

ENJOY !

Grahame

Edited by bgman

Morning Andy,

After the running in period in DC I took the body off mine and noted that the filler caps on the sandboxes and pipework can snag on the steps if you're not careful when removing it as the tolerances are very tight at the rear. The pipework is reasonably flexible so you can ease it slightly when refitting the body.

I also did a temporary fit of an ESU sound decoder. The pin on the circuit board can be a stiff on removal and I also noted that the circuit board was loose when I removed the body shell ( not a major problem and I can live with that but be careful ).

The ESU sound decoder doesn't give the best running at slow speed ( my personal opinion and not a criticism of the ESU decoders per se ) and I will get a Zimo sound decoder reblown after the festives to fit into mine.

I haven't spoken to Chris at Minerva about this as I am very satisfied and are only minor for me.

ENJOY !

Grahame

Thanks for the tips Grahame, I will fit a std Gaugemaster DCC27 for now, and then get a Paul Chetter Chip in the New Year.

It does look a rather nice Model though. :sungum:

• Like 2

Morning Andy,

ENJOY !

Grahame

Hi bgman,

If your ESU decoder is a V4 decoder then you have the 'Autotune' feature built in the decoder which sets the motor gearbox parameters for each particular loco. If you search the forum for the ESU Autotune, I'm sure you'll find something relevant.

I have turned towards Zimo myself now rather than ESU, but I found that feature helpful.

Jinty ;)

Morning Andy,

ENJOY !

Grahame

Hi bgman,

If your ESU decoder is a V4 decoder then you have the 'Autotune' feature built in the decoder which sets the motor gearbox parameters for each particular loco. If you search the forum for the ESU Autotune, I'm sure you'll find something relevant.

I have turned towards Zimo myself now rather than ESU, but I found that feature helpful.

Jinty ;)

I had an ESU / SWD Chip in my Bachmann Brassworks Pannier with a Bass Speaker and it was nice, very wheezy and panting, but on a small Layout like Trebudoc it was very good.

Pt 1

Pt 2

• Like 5

Hi bgman,

Jinty ;)

Thanks Jinty,

I'm aware of the Autotune but to be honest I've spent so many hours with all of my ESU Sound decoders, which for the most part was enjoyable and a good learning curve to boot, I have now gone over to Zimo for their qualities in running, especially at slow speeds and in most cases where fitted straight out of the box.

I'm undecided which company / person to use for the reblow or even which sound file yet (Larry G - Coachmann has discussed this at length over on Carrog ).

Cheers

Grahame

So that didn't go as planned, Family from Waterlooville / Hampshire, just gone off to their Hotel, and I ain't going out into the Shed at this time of night. :no:  :no:  :no:

So that didn't go as planned, Family from Waterlooville / Hampshire, just gone off to their Hotel, and I ain't going out into the Shed at this time of night. :no:  :no:  :no:

Haven't you got a fire alarm then?????

You'll be getting Minerva withdrawals if you're not careful

Jinty ;)

Yow wee, :sungum: I've fitted  a Gaugemaster DCC 27 Chip to the Pannier, it's sweet, runs a dream, and  I just need to find an 8 Pin Sound Chip that I'm not 100% happy with, and maybe see if Paul can re Blow it for the Pannier to save some pennies.

post-9335-0-51034800-1513509287_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-46733300-1513509338_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 12

Is there firebox glow Andy?  I have my friends black early crest loco at my place and I haven't been able to find it if it exists (it should come on when I select "fireman shovelling" as it does on my Jinty).  The loco I have has sound on board and I understand it is Pauls' sound file.  I need to do the research to sort out the number.

John

Is there firebox glow Andy?  I have my friends black early crest loco at my place and I haven't been able to find it if it exists (it should come on when I select "fireman shovelling" as it does on my Jinty).  The loco I have has sound on board and I understand it is Pauls' sound file.  I need to do the research to sort out the number.

John

I've run mine on Anolog and DCC with the Body off, but no signs of a Glow. My DCC Chip is None Sound, so NO coal shovelling function.

John

John,

The decoder is set up to operate firebox flicker whenever the the coal shovelling sound plays, but I don't think that the model has a firebox LED fitted.

Its not difficult to add a yellow or red LED, then connect its positive side to the decoder's blue Common Positive wire and the negative to the green, FO1, output wire. You will not need to programme the decoder; if it finds a load on FO1 it will power it whenever the coal shovelling sound is operating. (it's triggered by the shovelling sound, not an F key, so if the shovelling sound is on random generation, it will flicker in the firebox then too).

Kind regards,

Paul