Pen Y Bont from page 39.

Andrew P

Cheers Guys, slowly getting better now thanks very much.

I hope to get back on with the Bridge over the weekend and do some more bits to it.

I will be up at the Club for the next running session, and so that's where the Jinty and Pannier can really stretch their legs, and also the B Set can have a run out as well.

• Like 2

Morning Buddy,  Whats been happening on PS lately ?

Nothing is the honest answer, I'm waiting for the Sound Chip from Chris Kline at Minerva, and then I will dig it out from under KM and have another play / running session.

I also need to finish the Bridge and Signal Box, but you know my HATE for doing Buildings.

Had a call from Andy early this morning informing me that he had  another heart attack last night and was rushed in on blue lights to Stoke hospital where he was rushed into theatre for an emergency operation where they fitted a stent into his heart, he phoned to say he was feeling much better today, and he was not in pain as he has had a lot of pain recently in his chest, he has said not to worry as he will be off line for a while, l will keep you all informed of his progress....

Had a call from Andy early this morning informing me that he had  another heart attack last night and was rushed in on blue lights to Stoke hospital where he was rushed into theatre for an emergency operation where they fitted a stent into his heart, he phoned to say he was feeling much better today, and he was not in pain as he has had a lot of pain recently in his chest, he has said not to worry as he will be off line for a while, l will keep you all informed of his progress....

Thanks George, Wish him all the best from me. I've only met him once, when I visited TOPS with Gismorail, but was impressed by him as a person. I am an avid follower of his layout progress and admire his modelling skills. I wish him a speedy recovery. Trevor

Blimey George,

Please pass on my good wishes for a speedy recovery. I have never met him in person, but I follow his threads avidly and have gleaned much inspiration and spent many happy hours doing so ! 

Get well soon Andy !

Hi George,

I only spoke to him yesterday (Wednesday) and he was still feeling sore/in pain.

Glad he was got to where he needed to be in time and that he is now feeling better.

Give him my best wishes when you see him/speak to him please?

Regards

David

Just had an update call from Andy who said at first he was taken to Burton hospital but was transferred to Stoke where a special unit was waiting for him for the operation he will remain in hospital for a few days, and he has told me to thank you all for the good wishes and support..

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

George,

Please pass on my thoughts, prayers and best wishes to Andy. Glad to hear he is ok, tell him to take life easy when he gets home, no heavy shunting for a while! Look forward to seeing him back at the helm when he’s ready.

Rich

A big Thanks to all you great guys for ll the well wishes following my Heart Attack last Wednesday night / Thursday morning.

Ambulance to Burton 3 am Thursday morning, Blues and Two's within an Hour to Stoke, strait in to pre opp where the Staff and Professor Nolan https://www.keele.ac.uk/istm/staff/jamesnolan/ were Gowned up and ready for me, and into Theatre with in 15 minutes of arrival.

Thanks also to George T and also Peter BB for keeping you all informed.

Just arrived home and resting.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

A big Thanks to all you great guys for ll the well wishes following my Heart Attack last Wednesday night / Thursday morning.

Ambulance to Burton 3 am Thursday morning, Blues and Two's within an Hour to Stoke, strait in to pre opp where the Staff and Professor Nolan were Gowned up and ready for me, and into Theatre with in 15 minutes of arrival.

And just remember that last word,       RESTING!!!!!!!!    

It's very important that you do rest Andy, so catch up on some railway books and maybe some railway films on YouTube. The potting shed will still be there when you're fit and well again.

David  ;)

And just remember that last word,       RESTING!!!!!!!!    

It's very important that you do rest Andy, so catch up on some railway books and maybe some railway films on YouTube. The potting shed will still be there when you're fit and well again.

David  ;)

Andy......please do follow the various Cardiac Rehab courses etc. that the NHS will offer you.  I had exactly the same procedure as you done in August last year, the aftercare that you will be offered is brilliant.  Go for it and Best Wishes from me!

• RMweb Gold

Ambulance to Burton 3 am Thursday morning, Blues and Two's within an Hour to Stoke, strait in to pre opp where the Staff and Professor Nolan were Gowned up and ready for me, and into Theatre with in 15 minutes of arrival.

Andy,

Delighted to hear your home and on the mend.  Do take it easy tho - no rushing about ... want to hear that you nickname has changed from Andy 'Speedy' Peters to Andy 'Snailspace' Peters for the next month or so at least!!  Seriously, take it steady - if you get totally bored and fed up, you know where the phone is anytime ;)

Rich

• Like 1

All the best, Andy. Long time follower of your projects and looking forward to you being able to do bits as and when. Take your time and get yourself fighting fit. Feet up and lots of model magazines and RMWeb visits!

Thanks Guys for all your support and good wishes.

Update, I've spoken to Chris K this morning and the Sound Chip for the Minerva Pannier will be with me in a few Days, so once I feel fit enough, I will fit the Chip, and the add on accessories from the Box, then it can be Weathered.

• Like 5