Pen Y Bont from page 39.

Andrew P

Thanks very much Derby65, a lot slower than my normal build, but still very enjoyable.

But still much, much faster than my glacial pace of construction. I keep getting distracted by other things e.g. volunteering to build two 7mm scale lattice post signals for our club's layout. Having only built GWR wooden and tubular post signals, I expect them to a bit more of a challenge. I am also trial-building two new laser-cut kits for a couple of manufacturers and must finalise the livery artwork for the Minerva Manning Wardle K Class. 

But still much, much faster than my glacial pace of construction. I keep getting distracted by other things e.g. volunteering to build two 7mm scale lattice post signals for our club's layout. Having only built GWR wooden and tubular post signals, I expect them to a bit more of a challenge. I am also trial-building two new laser-cut kits for a couple of manufacturers and must finalise the livery artwork for the Minerva Manning Wardle K Class. 

Chris your a busy Boy by the sounds of it, but I hope you won't be to busy to watch the next Video with the Minerva Pannier on the Local Goods, and doing a spot of shunting.

Edited by Andrew P

Thanks Jints, I will up load the Goods one in the morning.

Popcorn ready and 3D glass in hand waiting !

G

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

You are very adept at driving the trains and filming at the same time. I've tried a couple of times and quite honestly failed. Either the film is static all in one place, or I drive trains into the buffers because I'm looking at the camera!

Popcorn ready and 3D glass in hand waiting !

G

It's  a G-TAP Production, not Warners or MGM mate, so No Popcorn I'm afraid, hahah. :no:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

You are very adept at driving the trains and filming at the same time. I've tried a couple of times and quite honestly failed. Either the film is static all in one place, or I drive trains into the buffers because I'm looking at the camera!

Cheers Scott, I've done both, and a lot of editing to remove some rather unsavoury language at time. hahha. :nono:  :nono:

Cheers Scott, I've done both, and a lot of editing to remove some rather unsavoury language at time. hahha. :nono:  :nono:

Editing is the bit i have not. Friend PGH had an editing suite on his windows 8 so when he upgraded to 10, it transferred over. But I had windows 10 from new and so us poor suckers cannot access the editing suite 'cos 10 doesn't support it. Go figure. But I can see from your movies it makes a world of difference being able to cut, splice and dub, something I was well used to in Hi-8 video days when I had an S-VHS editing deck. I couldn't help but notice some jumping on two of your points. What is the cause of this?

Editing is the bit i have not. Friend PGH had an editing suite on his windows 8 so when he upgraded to 10, it transferred over. But I had windows 10 from new and so us poor suckers cannot access the editing suite 'cos 10 doesn't support it. Go figure. But I can see from your movies it makes a world of difference being able to cut, splice and dub, something I was well used to in Hi-8 video days when I had an S-VHS editing deck. I couldn't help but notice some jumping on two of your points. What is the cause of this?

Cheers Larry, I've installed Windows Movie Maker, and it's so easy to use.

The Jumping on the Points was a combination of stay cats BALLAST, and one of the Point Drop thingies hadn't sat down fully. I've been out since 9-30 and running the Minerva slowly over all the areas, digging out stray Ballast and a full clean up and vacuum. 

EDIT = to say that the entrance board wasn't level either, only noticed that this morning.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

Ballast stuck between running rails and check rails?

spot on, I dug some out from an area the other day, but didn't vacuum it up, and so it found another area to hide.

Amazing progress on the layout Andy you certainly haven't slowed down have you. Starting to create a nice atmosphere now as the layout develops and very much enjoyed your latest video wonderful  :sungum:

Thanks Martin, it certainly feels S L O W to me, when I was building KM I thought nothing of putting in 6 or 7 hours some days, now I try and restrict myself to a max of 2 hours, but still mighty enjoyable.

At last, the Minerva Pannier on the Mixed Goods from yesterday.

On this one there is a lot of glare from the Sun coming through the windows as it was late afternoon.

• Like 12

At last, the Minerva Pannier on the Mixed Goods from yesterday.

On this one there is a lot of glare from the Sun coming through the windows as it was late afternoon.

Be careful or somebody will be suggesting Antipodean Curtains!

• Like 1

How did you overcome the time taken to upload videos Andy?

Hi Ray, I downloaded as You Tube, instead of the normal recommended and it reduced the size of the file by about 50%, and although still slow, it's a lot better.

• Like 1