Pen Y Bont from page 39.

Andrew P

Today I hope to lay the Track for the MOD Fuelling Point from the Fiddle Yard, and George T is going to make the Bridge, so looking forward to getting that in a couple of Weeks.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3

Morning Gang, Thanks to all above for your comments, and to Chris for the info, I remember the MOD Line we used to play on as Kids in Strood in kent. We found an old Trolly that you work with a man at each side pumping the lever, (cant think of there name) and went on the Line through the woods with it. being MOD we would probably have been SHOT had we been found, ahhah.

• Like 2

This morning, (it should have been yesterday but I was working on Bristol Victoria) I've fitted the MOD Fuel Line, I've made a NEW JIG for aligning up the Tracks in various positions, and amazingly IT WORKS. :O

post-9335-0-44054700-1483356152_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-99161600-1483356171_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-09361700-1483356190_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-92499800-1483356208_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-49301100-1483356229_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-87837700-1483356253_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-26430400-1483356272_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-47863000-1483356294_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-79966500-1483356317_thumb.jpg

When George T was down at the weekend we made a template for the Bridge that he is making, and I marked where the MOD Line came out on the Board so once the Bridge is finished it should just drop in place.

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

What Ho Mr Peter's old chap,

I say all this talk of an MOD siding has me thinking I can send my recruits on leave at long last.

I will be sending Lieutenant Poshname Hyphen La De Da and Corporal what ever his name is to do a recce in the next few days. 

Toddle pip, before that Mortimore fellow catches me communicating with you,

Yours

Lt Colonel La De Da Hyphen Poshname

Rough Engineering Made Easy

Nice work going man .....your getting good at this layout construction thing aren't you ..... had much practise ????.

Think the kick back from the fiddle yard is a good move my friend Keith Harrison of Apethorne Junc fame has done a similar set up on his current layout and it adds a lot of operational interest without taking up a lot of space.

Really enjoying this build Andy I'm in danger of dusty of my 7mm class 40 .....how scary is that. .....

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Andy,

The MoD estate's track should probably be well kept and manicured. The track in my Tonfanau Camp will be subject to the expected spit n' polish and bull.

Chris

Hi Chris

The state of the track would be good but not necessarily immaculate. Many MOD railways are in the hands of MOD employed civilians. It is only where the Royal Engineers are running the show do you see the ballast in front of the guard room painted white.  

What Ho Mr Peter's old chap,

I say all this talk of an MOD siding has me thinking I can send my recruits on leave at long last.

I will be sending Lieutenant Poshname Hyphen La De Da and Corporal what ever his name is to do a recce in the next few days. 

Toddle pip, before that Mortimore fellow catches me communicating with you,

Yours

Lt Colonel La De Da Hyphen Poshname

Rough Engineering Made Easy

I forgot to say Clive, It's a GIRLS ONLY Camp.

• Like 4

Nice work going man .....your getting good at this layout construction thing aren't you ..... had much practise ????.

Think the kick back from the fiddle yard is a good move my friend Keith Harrison of Apethorne Junc fame has done a similar set up on his current layout and it adds a lot of operational interest without taking up a lot of space.

Really enjoying this build Andy I'm in danger of dusty of my 7mm class 40 .....how scary is that. .....

Sounds like I need a Tractor then Martin if your digging out the 40. Having see the little BIG Beauty at your place, it definitely needs some Rails to run on, and with all that room in your Shed, ,,,,,,,,Well. :O

Well a nice little session this afternoon with the Blue 08 deputising for the FAILED 26, (well really it's because it has no Chip in it yet), all very relaxing.

post-9335-0-16769900-1483377410_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-44615800-1483377428_thumb.jpg

I was enjoying it so much, I forgot to take any other photos.

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

I forgot to say Clive, It's a GIRLS ONLY Camp.

Watch-ya Andy,

I should be OK I was quite good at being somewhere where I wasn't supposed to be. Well I did manage to get thrown out of the WRAC camp in Guildford, several times and the WRAC Staff College at Camberley, a couple of times. Neither of them can beat being banned from the Military Corrective Center at Colchester, I was very drunk at my mates leaving do in the corporals club and got kicked out. I wasn't even a corporal. Every time I was on orders, after being given my punishment our commander would say "You do realise that you were next in line for promotion ................again". Happy days.

I bet that lance comical 911 was a goody two shoes. :jester:

• Like 1

I've ordered the Level Crossing and a small Signal Box, (both Peco) and so they will be here next week. In the meantime I can make a start on the embankment along the back. I can only do the middle section as the there is a Bridge to go at the Fiddle Yard end and so I cant do that bit until the Bridge is in place. And I will need to do a cut into the embankment for the Signal Box and put a small wall around the back of it.

I also need to make an Office and Oil Storage Tank for the MOD Fuelling Yard, nothing fancy, just a little drive way into a small Yard.

Loads to do and enjoy over the coming Months.

There will also be a new arrival shortly, but more of that later.

• Like 2

Watch-ya Andy,

I should be OK I was quite good at being somewhere where I wasn't supposed to be. Well I did manage to get thrown out of the WRAC camp in Guildford, several times and the WRAC Staff College at Camberley, a couple of times. Neither of them can beat being banned from the Military Corrective Center at Colchester, I was very drunk at my mates leaving do in the corporals club and got kicked out. I wasn't even a corporal. Every time I was on orders, after being given my punishment our commander would say "You do realise that you were next in line for promotion ................again". Happy days.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm! 17 years and 2 stripes says it all.

Watch-ya Andy,

This reminds me of the late Pte/LCpl/Cpl/Sgt/Cpl "Dusty" Miller when I was serving in 1 Staffords. He seemed to be up and down like an 81mm mortar bomb when I was OC Mortar Platoon.

Hi Chris

The state of the track would be good but not necessarily immaculate. Many MOD railways are in the hands of MOD employed civilians. It is only where the Royal Engineers are running the show do you see the ballast in front of the guard room painted white.  

Quite so. My Tonfanau Camp layout is set in the days before the hand-over of military establishments to Civpop and MODplod.

• Like 3