Pen Y Bont from page 39.

Andrew P

• RMweb Gold

I was enjoying it so much,

Sounds like the session my friend Tony and I had this evening.

We lost best part of an hour messing around with an Ixion Fowler and a Dapol 08 just pushing 4 x 16 ton minerals and a box van up and down 12 feet of track on the conservatory window sill.

We feel that two shunting planks sharing a common fiddle yard might make for loads of fun.

• Like 4

Hi Andy,

Here's the alternative version of the Class 08 we've been discussing

Kind regards,

Paul

Hi Paul, Thanks for posting the Video, yes that sounds different so that's what I'll go for when my Green 08 arrives.

Really good sounds.

Happy new year Andy more great work as always and I'll be ordering one of Paul's new chips myself for the green one :)

Cheers

Thanks Paul, Same to you and your Family. I cant wait to get mine.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Paul, Thanks for posting the Video, yes that sounds different so that's what I'll go for when my Green 08 arrives.

Really good sounds.

I really like the alternate 08 project, but just two things that stand out in the clip.........those bloomin' awful "crooked" rods (the red makes them really noticeable) and I have never heard anyone so polite over the two way radio  :jester:

I really wish a lot of the 6-8 coupled Locos were geartrain driven rather than relying on "toy" rods, I believe the new DJ Loco is gear driven, might be interesting to see if it makes for smoother slow progress or at least a better looking side view.

I really like the alternate 08 project, but just two things that stand out in the clip.........those bloomin' awful "crooked" rods (the red makes them really noticeable) and I have never heard anyone so polite over the two way radio  :jester:

I really wish a lot of the 6-8 coupled Locos were geartrain driven rather than relying on "toy" rods, I believe the new DJ Loco is gear driven, might be interesting to see if it makes for smoother slow progress or at least a better looking side view.

David,

The 'bent rods' thing I'll give you.

But impolite language on two way radio. Surely not. You must be a bad influence. LOL

These are from recordings I made of a real crew shunting a long train in Eastleigh yard. Very polite. Well, OK, edited for politeness.

Kind regards,

Pau;

• Like 4

Harrumph.....Wooden chassis wagons (ex works as well) that were on thier way out in the mid 1950's and modernistic wagons....    :rtfm:   :mosking:

Fret not Larry, I have the Black 08 and a Green one coming so they can Shunt Wooden Wagons, the Newer ones including the Kits I have to make of 16T Minerals and Grampus will go with the Blue 08, so that I can run 2 different periods, and there will be another Loco on its way soon.

Bear in mind the Scenics will be none era specific with just Grass etc.

• Like 3

I suppose my long term plan for Legge Lane (2 road shed and turntable) will be to alternate between BR(M) and BR(W) locos and if I live long enough perhaps pre-Nationalization periods as well.  The nice thing about a small Gauge O layout is you can do this and get away with it!  Hopefully people are so focused on the locos and the sounds they make that scenery is literally the rather innocuous backcloth.

Edited by Focalplane

Things are looking good Andy,

but you do seem to be playing with it a bit too much lately, (the layout that is! :O )

I was wondering,do you have any thought`s on the modern Heljan wagon`s you`ve now got?.Because i have had the later railfreight liveried (VAA) one here for a while now and apart from taking out the spring`s,(because it seem`ed to bounce everywhere) i still keep thinking it`s missing that something.....

Cheer`s,

Brian.

Edited by Tove
  • Like 1

I suppose my long term plan for Legge Lane (2 road shed and turntable) will be to alternate between BR(M) and BR(W) locos and if I live long enough perhaps pre-Nationalization periods as well.  The nice thing about a small Gauge O layout is you can do this and get away with it!  Hopefully people are so focused on the locos and the sounds they make that scenery is literally the rather innocuous backcloth.

Hi Paul, the plan was always to be able to swap around a bit, hence the Grass embankment along the back and just grassed over sidings. The only buildings will be the Crossing Box and a Building at the MOD Fuelling point.

• Like 1

Things are looking Andy,

but you do seem to playing with it a bit too much lately, (the layout that is! :O )

I was wondering,do you have any thought`s on the modern Heljan wagon`s you`ve now got?.Because i have had the later railfreight liveried (VAA) one here for a while now and apart from taking out the spring`s,(because it seem`ed to bounce everywhere) i still keep thinking it`s missing that something.....

Cheer`s,

Brian.

I have VAA  and VDA in OO and once I've Weathered them they will blend in well with the Blue 08 and 16T Minerals, (more of that in a mo) and the earlier Planked with be well weathers and look very old.

• RMweb Gold

I wish you'd stop posting these pictures Andy, I'm trying to work out how to balance a 7mm layout on top of Grindleford, now...

The difference in scale means that even in photos, the stock has a real presence to it, which you just don't get with 4mm.

Lovely stuff, now stop it!

:D

Al.

• Like 3

Talking of 16T Minerals, when I was doing ''O'' before, I had some I'd built for St Budoc, I then left 3 at the Club and sold the rest, but as there hardly used now I've brought the 3 back home so they will be running on here now.

post-9335-0-72650900-1483481133_thumb.jpg

Pics on BSS later.

• Like 9

I wish you'd stop posting these pictures Andy, I'm trying to work out how to balance a 7mm layout on top of Grindleford, now...

The difference in scale means that even in photos, the stock has a real presence to it, which you just don't get with 4mm.

Lovely stuff, now stop it!

:D

Al.

Hi Al, you could get a small O Gauge on the floor, just climb over it :no: , hahha. It is addictive, so yes worrying. :O

• Like 3

Fret not Larry, I have the Black 08 and a Green one coming so they can Shunt Wooden Wagons, the Newer ones including the Kits I have to make of 16T Minerals and Grampus will go with the Blue 08, so that I can run 2 different periods, and there will be another Loco on its way soon.

Well folks Andy's mentioned GRASS  in two posts now could that mean that the track plan is finalised  :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

Have to admit that you've gone into 'hypo drive' now I just can't keep up with these two layouts it's really scary :scared:  :scared:  :scared: the pace of progress........ slow down and take a breath Andy you going for some sort of record !!!!!

On a serious note.........it's Bl--dy fantastic mate you put me  to shame I'm still trying to wire that threeway point on Chumley End and you've nearly built TWO layouts  :senile:  :senile:  :senile:

Hi Paul, the plan was always to be able to swap around a bit, hence the Grass embankment along the back and just grassed over sidings. The only buildings will be the Crossing Box and a Building at the MOD Fuelling point.

Sorry this was the other grass quote ........ see told you I could'nt keep up.  :jester: