Pen Y Bont from page 39.

Andrew P

That should work alright Andy.

Don

Thanks Don, either as a Freight Branch or as an Inglenook with 11 Wagons on the Layout, of which 5 are moved to the opposite end leaving 3 at each end to be determined by the shuffling of the Cards.

So a little work today between other jobbies.

I took a Axe to the two 4ft 10 inch baseboards and reduced them down to 4ft each so now both are a manageable size and just big enough for an Inglenook Shunting Layout using 5-3-3 principal and some nice scenic I hope.

Again it will follow the BSS principal of Sidings off a little used Freight only Line, and a Kick back for a small Siding / Loading Dock / Coal Yard / Oil Tank / OR Something.

The Track plan isn't finalised as I need to have a play with some Wagons over the weekend, but I should have some Track nailed down soon.

I'm also waiting for some alignment dowels and over centre latches.

attachicon.gifStarting again, New Boards Please 001.JPG

attachicon.gifStarting again, New Boards Please 002.JPG

attachicon.gifStarting again, New Boards Please 003.JPG

attachicon.gifStarting again, New Boards Please 004.JPG

attachicon.gifStarting again, New Boards Please 002 - Copy.JPG

I like this, Andy - I've been idly doodling Inglenook variants for a few weeks now, but I like this better than anything I've come up with. Since you've moved on, any objections if I steal this?
  • Like 1

I like this, Andy - I've been idly doodling Inglenook variants for a few weeks now, but I like this better than anything I've come up with. Since you've moved on, any objections if I steal this?

Hi Ken, Good to hear from you, the truth is I probably stole it from someone else, so yes, by all means, please take it and I hope you do a nice job and enjoy it.

I must admit, had I not gone for the Plank I would have stuck to that Plan as I think its the best I've done.

All the best.

Hi Ken, Good to hear from you, the truth is I probably stole it from someone else, so yes, by all means, please take it and I hope you do a nice job and enjoy it.

I must admit, had I not gone for the Plank I would have stuck to that Plan as I think its the best I've done.

All the best.

Thank you, Andy! I'm likely to do it with 5' boards which I think will fit OK in my CR-V. I do like the overall flow of how you laid it out!

It is looking good Andy. Now, if you add, a platform, then you surely will be tempted in time by some sort of 0 gauge DMU.

I'll try not to mate, there bloomin expensive, nice but bloomin expensive.

Anyway the idea was always a LITTLE O Gauge project, mainly for Shunting and playing with a few Wagons.

• Like 1

Nice looking layout Andy with lots of potential for playing shunting wagons around.

As soon as i saw the narrower middle section it reminded me of a picture posted on mr King`s thread;

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/117138-the-big-leap-starts-with-a-gronk/page-3&do=findComment&comment=2510859

As for being the final plan,can we hold you to that...? 

Cheers,

Brian.

• Like 2

Also I picked these couple of Dapol Vans on Wednesday, need some detailing and weathering, but very nice, AND unlike my Kit Built ones, there's NO GLUE all over the sides, hahah.

post-9335-0-77297300-1484426032_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-30283200-1484426048_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-36502600-1484426067_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-46251300-1484426084_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-47197700-1484426105_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-92248800-1484426124_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-98128900-1484426140_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

Nice looking layout Andy with lots of potential for playing shunting wagons around.

As soon as i saw the narrower middle section it reminded me of a picture posted on mr King`s thread;

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/117138-the-big-leap-starts-with-a-gronk/page-3&do=findComment&comment=2510859

As for being the final plan,can we hold you to that...? 

Cheers,

Brian.

I see what you mean about the picture Brian, and YES you can hold me to this Plan mate, hahah, for now at least. :O 

EEEKKKK,     :O      yuck,           :scared:      nooooooooooooooo,         :nono:  :nono:         horid little things Don,                    Not on my watch matey. :nono:  :nono: :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  

• RMweb Gold

EEEKKKK,     :O      yuck,           :scared:      nooooooooooooooo,         :nono:  :nono:         horid little things Don,                    Not on my watch matey. :nono:  :nono: :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  

Well I would choose my Steam Railmotor anyday but I would also replace the 08s with a 1361 dock tank or a Pannier.

Don

• Like 2

Also I picked these couple of Dapol Vans on Wednesday, need some detailing and weathering, but very nice, AND unlike my Kit Built ones, there's NO GLUE all over the sides, hahah.

attachicon.gifPly and Planked Vans 001.JPG

attachicon.gifPly and Planked Vans 002.JPG

attachicon.gifPly and Planked Vans 003.JPG

attachicon.gifPly and Planked Vans 004.JPG

attachicon.gifPly and Planked Vans 005.JPG

attachicon.gifPly and Planked Vans 006.JPG

attachicon.gifPly and Planked Vans 007.JPG

Hello Mate, l like it a lot, certainly different, and those vans look the biz, will try and get some at the Stafford show...

I've turned up like a bad penny to butt in again. :jester:

Keep it all freight Andy, no station, possibly low relief warehousing, parcels, container freight(the old type), presflow for concrete, etc.

Make the base boards modular so that the fiddle yard and main board can be butted together scenic wise and track wise without the plank for off site display or with the plank for home use. :scratchhead:

• Like 2

Well I would choose my Steam Railmotor anyday but I would also replace the 08s with a 1361 dock tank or a Pannier.

Don

I think I definitely need a Pannier, they worked the Dornoch Branch in Scotland in later life, and possibly / definably a Jinty as well Don.

• Like 1

I've turned up like a bad penny to butt in again. :jester:

Keep it all freight Andy, no station, possibly low relief warehousing, parcels, container freight(the old type), presflow for concrete, etc.

Make the base boards modular so that the fiddle yard and main board can be butted together scenic wise and track wise without the plank for off site display or with the plank for home use. :scratchhead:

Hi Mick, Thanks for popping in and stirring it up, hahahha.

Sorry but NO to the Warehousing mate, I like the Rural look of a over grown Branch, and as for separate boards, they are 4 separate Boards and the Plank can be omitted with no ill effects, as it's on it's own Board.

Thanks for thinking outside the Box for me mate.

Just a couple of points.

I'd be inclined to increase the height of the backscene, so that you can get some nice low-angle shots of the loco/s and stock.

Will the platform be overgrown with a sort of High Summer look? I remember looking around Worthington (in your neck of the woods) in the mid-1980s. By then the line was disused but still in situ. It was like finding a lost line in the undergrowth. Will always remember that glorious June afternoon.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

So lets start a new Page with THE FINAL PLAN :O      Its only taken 27 pages for goodness sake. :O :mail:  

Did I just say that? 

Nice Andy - looks good ... only thing was, Im thinking what about ...... <gagged> 

EEEKKKK,     :O      yuck,           :scared:      nooooooooooooooo,         :nono:  :nono:         horid little things Don,                    Not on my watch matey. :nono:  :nono: :nono:

Call me cynical, but I get the feeling your not totally keen on four wheeled German rail buses?

Seriously, well done mate - looks good, and for your style, I think you've hit the nail on the head.

Rich

Just a couple of points.

I'd be inclined to increase the height of the backscene, so that you can get some nice low-angle shots of the loco/s and stock.

Will the platform be overgrown with a sort of High Summer look? I remember looking around Worthington (in your neck of the woods) in the mid-1980s. By then the line was disused but still in situ. It was like finding a lost line in the undergrowth. Will always remember that glorious June afternoon.

Hi Peter, No I'm sorry, the Back Scene won't be any higher, mainly because the Station Boards have to store in a Rack if I need to take them down and I have a height restriction. I can live with the Low Back Scene in Photos, or I can Air Brush them out if needed.

And Yes, I visualise a deserted and slightly overgrown Platform, but with the Station Building / office in fairly good order.

Nice Andy - looks good ... only thing was, Im thinking what about ...... <gagged> 

Call me cynical, but I get the feeling your not totally keen on four wheeled German rail buses?

Rich

Andy had better not look at my latest Skaleby West post then!