Mousa Models Wagon Kits

billbedford

Just a quick note to say that I ordered a Mousa GNR wagon on Tuesday of this week, and despite the hint on the website about 28 day delivery, it arrived today!

Can't fault service like that and the quality of the product is excellent! One of the leaf spring details has snapped off in transit, but that is very easy to fix (and I was expecting them to be separate fittings anyway!)

Looking forward to getting it out together, and that'll appear on my workbench thread in due course!

Cheers

J

• 9 months later...

I've just started printing some 7mm wagons, and they are looking OK -

BWK1681.jpg.919e5928e462e2253060bd5a31cc60da.jpg

This is a NSR Longbottom wagon, BWK 1681/7. The price is £47.50.

Most of the other wagons I do in the 4mm can be done in 7mm. If what you are looking for is not listed on my 7mm pages, please send me an email'

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

There has presumably been some reworking of the CAD for the larger scale, e.g. the brake-gear. Also printed W-irons rather than etched? Though I've not tried one of your NSR wagons in 4mm scale, maybe these have printed W-irons too?

All the wagons are drawn at 12mm/1ft so there is no need to rework the CAD very much, the 7mm ones have slots cut into the bottom of the axle boxes and separate keepers, and the 4mm ones have the brake gear, especially the levers, beefed up so that they will print. Both have sprung suspensions then 7mm are good and robust while the carriers on the 4mm ones are close to the minimum thicknesses that can be printed reliably.

I'll be sending you a parcel next week, I think, so I could put a wagon with one of these suspensions so you could have a play, if you wanted.

• Thanks 1

Yep. The website shows a resin cast one which was first done 10m years ago. If I decide to use printed w-irons on the 4mm stock the CAD drawing will be updated as I need them for orders, or what I run out of the etches. The 7mm wagons have printed w-irons to avoid stocking lots of etches for relatively slow selling kits.

At least some of the wagons I'm working on will have printed w-irons, form design considerations more than anything else.

Edited by billbedford
additions
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

Although I've long had a copy of G.F. Chadwick, North Staffordshire Wagons (Wild Swan, 1993) I think I'll resist a Knotty wagon a little longer... plenty to do for now!

Looking forward to a package next week: nicely timed for the half-term break - though I should get on with those Midland 3-plank wagons too.

I've just updated the website. There is a change to the terms of business that relates to how the site operates. These are the new terms:

Terms of Business
-----------------

Valid from 2019-02-17

All the products on this site are produced in small batches, while some stock is kept for sales at shows, most are made to order.

The ordering procedure is as follows:

Products can be ordered by clicking on the 'Add to Cart' button. Clicking on the 'View Cart' button will open the PayPal checkout page. Each item will be listed with a £1.00 non-refundable deposit. These can be paid for either with a PayPal account or a credit/debit card.

An acknowledgement will be sent when the order is entered into our system.

When the order becomes ready for posting a Paypal invoice will be sent with any accrued deposit deducted and postage added. While we would prefer payment by PayPal, bank details will be provided on the invoice for those who would prefer to us BACS payments.

Orders will not normally be sent until full payment has been made.

We aim to send out most orders within 28 days, but please bear in mind that there can be delays in obtaining goods from my suppliers.

Outstanding orders can be cancelled after a reasonable time. 

Postage
--------

Postage for all orders will be postal cost + 5% for packaging.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Bill,

are those twin timber wagons D12 or D13? 

Looking through LNWR Wagons Vol. 1 I can't see a reference  to the D12s  being permanently coupled to provide a Twin Timber Wagon, as the D13s were.

Jol

• RMweb Premium

They are D13. Dang - I've not finished my Ratio bash yet...

The wagons are interestingly asymmetrical - it took me a while to work out what was going on:

1087504061_LNWD13sketch.jpg.e8bbbe04766f8876adbfb1afae79e072.jpg

One challenge with these low-sided vehicles in plastic or resin is how to weight them adequately.

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, Garethp8873 said:

These in post-1936 livery as per the examples on P.153 (LMS 279102 and 279103) would look splendid :) I'll have to order a set soon

But those are from a 1920 batch built with sprung buffers; there are significant differences in the dimensions of the bodywork compared to those built with dumb buffers.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 16/03/2019 at 17:46, Compound2632 said:

One challenge with these low-sided vehicles in plastic or resin is how to weight them adequately.

You can take one of two approaches - Jol will show you how to fit pieces of lead ballast neatly below the floor, or you can follow my approach of relying on the load. In this instance, some hefty white-metal treetrunks should fit the bill nicely - I believe I have some left-over Woodland Scenic ones somewhere from the days when I could afford such things (probably lanuishing in the scenics box marked 'junk'). Of course, this does make the return 'empty' working somewhat difficult, but my lead-folding skills are not up to Jol's ...

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, LooseHead said:

You can take one of two approaches - Jol will show you how to fit pieces of lead ballast neatly below the floor, or you can follow my approach of relying on the load. In this instance, some hefty white-metal treetrunks should fit the bill nicely - I believe I have some left-over Woodland Scenic ones somewhere from the days when I could afford such things (probably lanuishing in the scenics box marked 'junk'). Of course, this does make the return 'empty' working somewhat difficult, but my lead-folding skills are not up to Jol's ...

On my Ratio bash, I'll aim for lead under the floor as I'll be running a D13 pair plus D12 singleton, with the load on the singleton and the outer of the pair - i.e. one truck will not be taking any part of the load. There will be another D12 (LRM) as runner - following the instructions in one of the appendixes to LNWR Wagons Vol. 1.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I’m pleased to announce that the development work on a kit of the MR Kirtley brake van, BWK1712/4, has now been completed, and I will be printing production kits in the next couple of weeks. 

Because this is an early vehicle and has a peculiar arrangement of brakes, it has not been possible to incorporate springing or compensation in this model. For the same reason there are two versions, one with the brakes set for P4 and EM gauges on the other for 00.

The price is £22.50 per plus £4.70 delivery

They can be ordered here285047924_KirtleyBrakeVan.jpg.f651af0859c6274dfbe17ff788a43455.jpg1082727821_KirtleyBrakeVan-2.jpg.ba9ac35de844b55f6a98b8bec02aba9f.jpg

• Like 14
  • Agree 1

On 29/03/2019 at 09:59, Rail-Online said:

Hi Bill,

Any progress on the LNWR 'Crystal Palace' brake van - I put my £1 down years ago..........

Tony

Likewise for the BR Palbrick....

Alasdair

• 5 weeks later...
On 29/03/2019 at 11:20, billbedford said:

I keep taking the drawings out -- and putting them away again.

Probably I will do the 17A first and then the 17B because the latter will need a whole lot of etchings.

Certainly intrigued to place down an order now for two of the 17A kits. There been any updates on these since March Bill? :)