BRM Warley subscription free loco offer

James Makin

• RMweb Premium

Hi guys,

I've just had an email through advertising the BRM subscription offer at Warley, saying that you can get a free loco & goody bag when signing up to the magazine for £4.99.

I couldn't find any info on the links at all, but just wondered what the locomotive would be, is it a good one?

I would be tempted to subscribe depending if the loco was on my 'hit list' :)

Many thanks in advance,

James

• RMweb Premium

Hi guys,

I've just had an email through advertising the BRM subscription offer at Warley, saying that you can get a free loco & goody bag when signing up to the magazine for £4.99.

I couldn't find any info on the links at all, but just wondered what the locomotive would be, is it a good one?

Many thanks in advance,

James

I can't imagine it being anything very special, but got to be worth a look for anyone considering subscribing.

I can't imagine it being anything very special, but got to be worth a look for anyone considering subscribing.

Sensibly pragmatic. :)

We're not going to spill the beans beforehand, visitors can come and have a look on the stand (which is on the reverse of the Hornby stand).

We're not going to spill the beans beforehand, visitors can come and have a look on the stand (which is on the reverse of the Hornby stand).

The last time BRM did this was at the Glasgow show a few years ago and they were giving away the rather nice Bachmann Std 4 2-6-0 76000s..well worth the subscription!

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

If they have any sense they'll pick up the January issue of BRM too...

• RMweb Premium

The last time BRM did this was at the Glasgow show a few years ago and they were giving away the rather nice Bachmann Std 4 2-6-0 76000s..well worth the subscription!

Dave.

That was a decent 'giveaway' I have to say. :good:

How on earth can that be possible? (not disputing/arguing, just rather puzzled). Assuming the magazine was published without any cost or profit that wouldn't cover the cost price from Bachmann.

Dave.

How on earth can that be possible? (not disputing/arguing, just rather puzzled). Assuming the magazine was published without any cost or profit that wouldn't cover the cost price from Bachmann.

From memory (2012?) the offer was limited to a fixed amount of subscriptions on a first come basis although there seemed to be plenty being handed out.

I was operating Alloa and could only manage over in the afternoon but they were still available.

I received 76114 a Scottish example there and then for a subscription although it might have been two years from memory?..anyone?..however considering I buy the mag on a monthly basis anyway it  was still a generous offer.

I take it Bachmann provided the locos in return for advertising/promition..whatever it was still a fantastic deal for their customers. 

Dave.  

• Administrators

Hi guys,

Many thanks in advance,

James

Hi James,

Thanks for the question. You'll need to visit the BRM stand to find out, but there is a choice of 4 locomotives. If these aren't of your taste, we will have a couple of alternative offers that we hope will take your fancy.

Steve

You're right...come and take a look. If they're not of interest we will have a couple of additional offers.

• Administrators

I've also received that loco offer email.

But will it be available in a choice of scales?

G.

Sorry, they are OO. But, we have some £40 Gaugemaster vouchers which will be an alternative offer for those not tempted by the loco or model in a different scale. The GM vouchers can be spent on the day.

If they have any sense they'll pick up the January issue of BRM too...

Yes - BRM January will be on-sale and the first issue of the subscription. This issue comes with a FREE Hornby Calendar!!

• Administrators

All very well if you can get to Warley. I can't and would be interested in finding out what the offer was.

We will be sending a separate offer next week to cater for those who can't attend Warley. If we have any locos left, we may include these in this offer but the subscription price may be different to cover postage etc.

• Administrators

Having taken out a subscription from issue 2, the prospect of some recognition is gratifying.

You can resubscribe with this offer. However, your Direct Debit rate will be very, very low is you have been a subscriber since issue 2. If you take advantage of this offer your DD rate will be higher.

• Administrators

Steve, Is that open to anyone, I've been a subscriber for quite a few years (can't remember exactly). 

Yes is it, but you need to be aware that the Direct Debit rate is £12.49 a quarter. If you've been a subscriber for a number of years you'll be paying a lot less.

Archived