BRM Warley subscription free loco offer

James Makin

Much to my chagrin, i discovered at Ally Pally that the £40 voucher only applies to gaugemaster branded products - so I had to put back my Kato unitrack and the light bars :(

I also made a beeline for the BRM stand, but didnt really fancy the 0-4-0 locomotives for myself and as a current subscriber I've got until March before things run out anyway. I wasn't expecting a class 66 or a streamlined duchess, but i was hoping for a sentinel :)

• RMweb Premium

Wagon in Every Scale display. I know the later was educational as several people admitted they had never heard of S gauge. If there is space in the car, I'm thinking this might be popular at other shows in the future.

Glad to hear the waggon in every scale was popular, perhaps your next challenge could be to build the same layout in every scale

We have previously displayed the same loco in 5 scales - I think it was a Britannia - N, TT, OO, O Gauge, & Gauge 1. We don't have any club members modelling in S Scale and there wasn't any room on the table for anything bigger than Gauge 1 . . .  !!

• Administrators

Hi Phil,

Glad to hear the waggon in every scale was popular, perhaps your next challenge could be to build the same layout in every scale

Only joking!

I'll admit to thinking builting a micro in N and OO would be interesting. Maybe next year.

I signed up, okay an 0-4-0 loco that does a scale 300mph isnt up to much but it is worth the price paid for it, something with a small Bachmann chassis would have been better but hey it was free.

Looking forward to getting my first (subscription) copy.

• Administrators

Hi all,

Firstly, thanks to everyone who visited the BRM stand at the show. It was the magazine's most successful Warley ever (by quite some way), so thank you to everyone who made it such a success.

The Hornby loco offer really helped attract new people to the magazine, many of which had never seen BRM before and admitted to not buying any model railway magazine. Some of these were kids and younger people. We feel it's really important to attract these new people into the hobby and hope that BRM will help keep them involved - surely that's a good thing for the hobby as a whole?!

Subscription gifts are really hard to get right. What appeals to one person, may have the opposite effect to someone else. A GM Controller always works well, but what happens if you don't want/need a controller? A previous airbrush offer was really successful but many people turned it down because they don't have the confidence  to try it on their stock. We felt a Hornby loco would be really appealing... and looking at the figures we were right.

If the locomotive didn't take your fancy, or you didn't attend the show, we're in the process of emailing out another offer with no gift attached but, instead, offering a decent monetary saving.

Thanks all,

Steve

Archived