The big Leap starts with a Gronk

PjKing1

• RMweb Gold

Just getting back into ''O'' so liking your grubbieness mate. NOT mentioning it on Kings Moreton though. hahah.

Thanks Andy I haven’t really had much chance to do many updates or catch up with threads of late unfortunately, been working on this for another client tonight, another grubby green 08,if you need anything weathering let me know ;)

Thanks again

post-18716-0-08812100-1511214132_thumb.jpeg

post-18716-0-33318400-1511214152_thumb.jpeg

post-18716-0-68417200-1511214165_thumb.jpeg

post-18716-0-29632700-1511214182_thumb.jpeg

post-18716-0-82123700-1511214195_thumb.jpeg

post-18716-0-40650400-1511214207_thumb.jpeg

• Like 5

Thanks Andy I haven’t really had much chance to do many updates or catch up with threads of late unfortunately, been working on this for another client tonight, another grubby green 08,if you need anything weathering let me know ;)

Thanks again

Hahha, I do my own weathering and I've done articles for RM, I'm also doing a weathering Demo at our Clubs open weekend 9th / 10th Dec.

Looking very good though mate.

Watch out for my new attempt at O Gauge.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hahha, I do my own weathering and I've done articles for RM, I'm also doing a weathering Demo at our Clubs open weekend 9th / 10th Dec.

Looking very good though mate.

Watch out for my new attempt at O Gauge.

Looking forward to it Andy and thanks mate, would love to donan article myself one day :)

Cheers

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A few pics of the work on the body an chassis over the the last few days, apart from the wheels the chassis is more or less completeand the body just needs a few touches up an oil spills etc.

Cheers

post-18716-0-22352100-1511849983_thumb.jpeg

post-18716-0-70341000-1511850010_thumb.jpeg

post-18716-0-90370900-1511850045_thumb.jpeg

post-18716-0-81189400-1511850106_thumb.jpeg

post-18716-0-46628000-1511850121_thumb.jpeg

post-18716-0-27343900-1511850137_thumb.jpeg

post-18716-0-49134300-1511850154_thumb.jpeg

post-18716-0-53056900-1511850177_thumb.jpeg

• Like 8

Excellent work Paul, I'm looking for some prototype pics of a BR Black 08 from the 60's so that I can get mine right, I can find Green's and obviously all the newer colours but colour pics of Black ones appear to be like Hens teeth. If you know of any, can you post a link or pics on my Penybont Sidings thread please.

Cheers,

• RMweb Gold

Excellent work Paul, I'm looking for some prototype pics of a BR Black 08 from the 60's so that I can get mine right, I can find Green's and obviously all the newer colours but colour pics of Black ones appear to be like Hens teeth. If you know of any, can you post a link or pics on my Penybont Sidings thread please.

Cheers,

Thanks Andy I’ll see what I can find today whilst in work (shhhh don’t tell anyone I said that :O )

Cheers

This caught my eye because I am dabbling in 7mm after modelling in OO, but not taking quite the same route.

I will not drop my OO at all. I have improved the track appearance to the point where the next step would be EM or P4. Either of these would involve re-laying lots of track & doing loads of re-wheeling, or starting again with a small project (which is what I usually advise others to do).

I have been intrigued by modelling in a larger scale & as I will be starting from scratch, I decided to go to scale & try S7. My first loco is, like yours, a gronk.

I am in no rush though. I have loads to do with my OO project & am enjoying that.

• Like 2

I rather suspect 00 RTR is losing more customers to 7mm now that steam locos are so inexpensive. The possibility of Bachmann producing a GWR 43XX in 4mm just might be to keep 4mm customers on board at a time when they might be tempted to go 7mm because of the Heljan GW 2-6-0. Nothing would surprise me now from any of the 4mm rtr companies.

Edited by coachmann
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

This caught my eye because I am dabbling in 7mm after modelling in OO, but not taking quite the same route.

I will not drop my OO at all. I have improved the track appearance to the point where the next step would be EM or P4. Either of these would involve re-laying lots of track & doing loads of re-wheeling, or starting again with a small project (which is what I usually advise others to do).

I have been intrigued by modelling in a larger scale & as I will be starting from scratch, I decided to go to scale & try S7. My first loco is, like yours, a gronk.

I am in no rush though. I have loads to do with my OO project & am enjoying that.

This time last year I thought the same mate then within a month most of my 4mm stock had been sold, it’s very addictive ;)

Cheers

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I rather suspect 00 RTR is losing more customers to 7mm now that steam locos are so inexpensive. The possibility of Bachmann producing a GWR 43XX in 4mm just might be to keep 4mm customers on board at a time when they might be tempted to go 7mm because of the Heljan GW 2-6-0. Nothing would surprise me now from any of the 4mm rtr companies.

I don’t know much about steam locos but with rtr 20’s, 25’s an Class 50’s from LLC an Heljan things are looking very good in 7mm

Cheers

This time last year I thought the same mate then within a month most of my 4mm stock had been sold, it’s very addictive ;)

Cheers

I have yet to find that out, but thanks for the warning.

I am modelling a real location of the WCML in 4mm. This just about squeezes into my room & at the moment I am more interested in the structures & scenery than I am the trains, but I will need something to run on it.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I have yet to find that out, but thanks for the warning.

I am modelling a real location of the WCML in 4mm. This just about squeezes into my room & at the moment I am more interested in the structures & scenery than I am the trains, but I will need something to run on it.

I was just planning on something small to, I’m now about to start building my ELJ in 7mm which I’d started in 4mm, once you get your first loco though everything else seems a bit toy like :O

Cheers

Edited by PjKing1
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Armchair modeller myself. After seeing this thread however, I feel an urge to buy a couple of 7mm locos just so I can have a go at making them look like Paul’s! Really impressive. If Paul has any Youtube video’s demonstrating these techniques I’d love to see a link posted.

Edit: found him! On Youtube Paul is MrOlliesP

Edited by Gareth-Ingram
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, Gareth-Ingram said:

Armchair modeller myself. After seeing this thread however, I feel an urge to buy a couple of 7mm locos just so I can have a go at making them look like Paul’s! Really impressive. If Paul has any Youtube video’s demonstrating these techniques I’d love to see a link posted.

Edit: found him! On Youtube Paul is MrOlliesP

Thanks Gareth, I’ve not really done Amy ‘how to’ weathering videos for weathering locos but I’ve done two for track weathering, here’s one of my favourite vids and will link you to other vids on my YouTube channel 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1