Where to buy DSB MZ series II, 14 class 1427 to 1446

SMR CHRIS

Hi all I'm trying to locate a model of the Danish DBS MZ class specifically # 1427 to 1446 as These are some of the ones exported to Australia or any model that has the same series body as the ones exported to Australia.

Have found one at a Danish Shop but have had no reply to emails and there online shop doesn't seem to work even when translated via google.

I have found the Spanish version by roco in a U.K. Shop that will ship OS but it has a different body config and modern bogies.

Any recommendations / Link to a shop that may have one and will send OS to Australia would be great.

Photo below of what may be by McK models or HobbyTrade of #1431 this is the correct body style that I'm after.

I have never heard of or seen these brands here in Australia

post-14985-0-46707000-1479966671_thumb.png

Any assistance in finding a retailer that has 1 or 2 for sale would be greatly appreciated

Or a recommendation of a retailer that stock Euro models and has a good online service would be great

Thank in advance

Ex DSB MZ 1438 in Australia

post-14985-0-65520000-1479967170_thumb.jpg

Model: DSB MZ (Series II)

Type: Diesel-Electric

Road Numbers: 1427 - 1429, 1431 - 1435, 1437 - 1438, 1440 - 1441, 1443 - 1446

Number Built: 16

In Service - 12

Scrapped - 3

Stored - 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Chris, I am not very knowledeable about the MZ, but there are a couple of the McK series III ones available for online order here, there seems to be just one in stock of each of the two options:

http://smtmodeltog.dk/epages/SMTModeltog.sf/da_DK/?ObjectPath=/Shops/SMTModeltog/Categories/Rullende_matr./McK/Lokomotiver

I don't know the trader but I've just tried a fake order for Australia and it seemed to go OK. They write that the MZs can be sent within 2 days.

"Indkøbskurv"= basket (check out is top right corner "Vis indkøbskurv")

"Bestil uden registrering" = Order without registering

"Levering forsikret" = insured delivery ("uforsikret" = uninsured)

PS, another one here (apparantly only 250 made of this version), which has some English explanations during the order process: http://shop.paa-sporet.com/modeljernbane-rullende-materiel-119/1-87-h0-h0e-h0m-123/danmark-140/traekkraft-iv-v-230/mck-modeller-12a1437-dsb-mz-1437-mz-iii-ac-ac-digital-12594.html

I'm not sure about the price differences - they all include VAT ("moms") so I guess it's down to digital condition, of which I am completely illiterate I'm afraid.

Hi Chris, I am not very knowledeable about the MZ, but there are a couple of the McK series III ones available for online order here, there seems to be just one in stock of each of the two options:

http://smtmodeltog.dk/epages/SMTModeltog.sf/da_DK/?ObjectPath=/Shops/SMTModeltog/Categories/Rullende_matr./McK/Lokomotiver

I don't know the trader but I've just tried a fake order for Australia and it seemed to go OK. They write that the MZs can be sent within 2 days.

"Indkøbskurv"= basket (check out is top right corner "Vis indkøbskurv")

"Bestil uden registrering" = Order without registering

"Levering forsikret" = insured delivery ("uforsikret" = uninsured)

PS, another one here (apparantly only 250 made of this version), which has some English explanations during the order process: http://shop.paa-sporet.com/modeljernbane-rullende-materiel-119/1-87-h0-h0e-h0m-123/danmark-140/traekkraft-iv-v-230/mck-modeller-12a1437-dsb-mz-1437-mz-iii-ac-ac-digital-12594.html

I'm not sure about the price differences - they all include VAT ("moms") so I guess it's down to digital condition, of which I am completely illiterate I'm afraid.

Hi Mikkel

A big thanks for the info a great help and an order has been placed for 2 McK DBS MZ loco's from

PA-Sporet as they had 2 DC versions of the class the first shop seemed to only have 1 DC loco and the others are for AC marklin system from what I can work out.

The DC version has a 21pin DCC plug so I will fit TCS DCC WOW sound with the EMD sound set.

Again A huge thanks Mikkel

Will update about the models when they arrive in Australia

Regards

Chris

McK DSB MZ

post-14985-0-33462500-1479982609.jpg

PS: glad you noticed the AC issue - I always forget about that!

Yes had already looked up the way the Euro models are marketed, your first thought is that it may refer to DCC in AC track voltage but seams it's referring to the Marklin AC control system, I read a few reviews on people getting caught with that with models purchased from Europe

With luck they will land in Australia in a week or two.

Once again thanks for the heads up very much appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

Still waiting for these models to land Down Under slight delay due to only one in stock.

Have been advised now that they are both in transit hopefully will arrive before Xmas not holding much hope on that.

I ended up with the order for 2 of number MZ 1431 as the shop didn't have 2 in stock so two 1431's were got from the manufacture this is better as only have to do one modification to the pilots of the models as no snow ploughs down under the MZ's down under have a full length valance below the coupler and the buffers removed with a knuckle coupler instead of the screw link.

Link to a video of some NSW Rail with set of MZ as the first up its worth watching to see some of the other local NSW trains

McK MZ model note the variation between the fronts to the Australian imported MZ.

post-14985-0-85288600-1482211227_thumb.jpg

A Australian converted MZ with Knuckle coupler full valance and strengthened front note the plating below Cab back to the Cab door.

post-14985-0-20782700-1482212537.png

Wow they look good in that NSW livery!

Too bad about the delays, sounds like another case of shops not having what they advertise  :umbrage:

Yes I think they had one of the ones I orded in stock but not the other but with a bit of luck they will both arrive sometime soon they were shipped separately will be interesting to see if they arrive at the same time. Never had experience with the postal service from That part of Europe. The UK is usually 5 days to land in Australia then a few days to get to me some times longer than the Trip from O/S took we have a super slow postal system in Australia and it's only got worse in the last couple of years.

The Aus MZ 14 class livery, Whilst Basic the Sliver with black roof and wasp stripes on the pilot dose looks nice but doesn't take long to get very dirty.

Esp the second loco on the long haul trains

Looking forward to the models arriving fingers crossed

post-14985-0-53519800-1482215348_thumb.png

I'll be taking a keen interest in this one Chris-as much as I hate the things, I'd be interested in a model of the MZIII

Hi Zane

Yes been trying to get some of these for about 3mth's now

I'll put up the conversion here and on Platform1

I'll watch with anticipation mate.

Got to admit-the sound from the V20 EMD 645s does make up for the look of them. And it can't be argued that the looks aren't unique down here.

When I first saw the MZ as delivered in the delapidated state of DSB black and red, I thought that they were a very odd choice for Australia, but the value for money side won out I think with the LVR/Independant Rail,

When I saw the first one in silver I though that looks half alright. As you know I mainly model in O scale NSWGR 1960- 80 so hadn't even considered a model of one, But getting involved with the local model railway club who have a large HO layout (upper Hunter) got me interested in some more modern day Rail scene modelling, a couple of years down the track and I now have a large collection of recent Era stock in HO and a lot of it SSR/CFCLA based so the independant Rail MZ's fit right in with this.

So I'm looking forward to getting them in pieces and converting, if I was a bit more handy with the CAD I would draw up for a 3D print of the pilot , but I think I will just scratch one and make a mould and cast in urethane esp as I only need 4 will be cheaper to do

When I first saw the MZ as delivered in the delapidated state of DSB black and red, I thought that they were a very odd choice for Australia, but the value for money side won out I think with the LVR/Independant Rail,

When I saw the first one in silver I though that looks half alright. As you know I mainly model in O scale NSWGR 1960- 80 so hadn't even considered a model of one, But getting involved with the local model railway club who have a large HO layout (upper Hunter) got me interested in some more modern day Rail scene modelling, a couple of years down the track and I now have a large collection of recent Era stock in HO and a lot of it SSR/CFCLA based so the independant Rail MZ's fit right in with this.

So I'm looking forward to getting them in pieces and converting, if I was a bit more handy with the CAD I would draw up for a 3D print of the pilot , but I think I will just scratch one and make a mould and cast in urethane esp as I only need 4 will be cheaper to do

I've become a bit the same (minus the O gauge side of things). I'm starting to form a core collection of models based on things that ran on the Illawarra between about 2010 and 2013, including a National Rail DL to eventually do up as part ofthe adored 'Bedrock Betty' stone train...but I think I'll have to get an MZ for the heck of it!

As to a pilot, if I get a hold of one I might end up CADding up a pilot for them to allow others to quickly convert one into the local variant. At least with the number boxes you can cheat and do a decal straight on if you have to.

The McK models MZ made it to Australia one had a little bit of a rough trip the other not so looking at the shipping boxes only casualties were parts that needed to be removed for the conversion.

A big thanks to Mikkel for his assistance in finding a supplier.

Interesting the models run a A1A--A1A power configuration with one of the outer wheels having a single traction tire on it.

In the box is Supplied 2 extra wheel sets without traction tires I will install these when I pull the loco apart to repaint to Silver.

Here are the the models fresh from the boxes. McK models by Hobbytrade.

post-14985-0-43476300-1482889754_thumb.jpg

Archived