Seen at Warley

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

I peeked under the cloth on the Heljan stand and saw EPs of the 47xx and the 07. Some good looking Class B tanks too.

Things are looking stressful for Bill on the Rapido stand due to wayward deliveries but I am sure tomorrow will see their arrival!

I have had glimpses of Bachmann's deco samples of the Stanier mogul and Webb coal tank which look excellent.

EP samples of the carflats are on the Oxford stand along with the Deans goods and Mark 3s.

Plenty to see!

Been craning your neck a bit then have you? ;)

Can we look forward to official updates here tomorrow? SOMEONE there bound to be able to upload photos for those of us who 'can't make it'.

I am not really a very big fan of this exhibition, but I must admit there's a hell of a lot going on this year. Maybe I just picked a bad year for my first visit?

• RMweb Premium

Pity the poor souls who spend the weekend looking for the event just south of Brentwood in Essex ;)  Apparently there's always one .........

I'll be watching from afar for hopefully the last time and waiting to learn what my credit card will be required to manage in 2017.   All that bull-head rail has come just in time for me to have acquired 21 (from a box of 25) yards of plain Streamline flexi and a collection of electrofrog points at a bargain price.  I can always use them in a fiddle-yard ;)

Have a good Warley.  Hoping to see you there next year.

Centrepiece - Betton Grange

attachicon.gifIMG_20161125_144601.jpg

Well, at least we know what the "as preserved" model will look like now.

attachicon.gifIMG_20161125_180351.jpg

And there's an EP sample next to it of something to go with it!

attachicon.gifIMG_20161125_180338.jpg

This makes me verrrry happy, thanks.

Nice tender

• RMweb Gold

Now there's a surprise  :jester:  :jester:  :jester:   (but no doubt very nice jobs of course in view of the work that I've heard has gone into them)

Where are the front tender handrails on the Dean goods?

(Istr mentioning this a few days ago on another thread!)

Left in the same drawer as various other things which have been said about it I do believe if that photo is any guide.  But look on the bright side - at least they aren't moulded with a  solid 'backing' as Hornby managed on the 'Star'.

Archived