Seen at Warley

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

Why not ? High time for an upgrade,this time to include the two Ivatt built locos.

I know next to nothing about the Duchess loco's but that is one beast. I think there will be a few of those appearing on (BR) LM layouts throughout the land. Sadly there is zero evidence of one having visited Seaton Junction in the 60s.

Thanks for the visuals so far.

Phil

• RMweb Gold

I know next to nothing about the Duchess loco's but that is one beast. I think there will be a few of those appearing on (BR) LM layouts throughout the land. Sadly there is zero evidence of one having visited Seaton Junction in the 60s.

Phil

Pity, because it probably did happen earlier. There's a nice picture of 46236 with its 'Semi' smokebox and a WD tender entering Waterloo with the Up 'ACE' during the 1948 Trials

• RMweb Gold

Any chance of a peep at that pic?

Phil

46236 at Waterloo

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4261273

A second shot heading for the country

http://mikemorant.smugmug.com/keyword/Coronation;locomotive/i-FdF5sDd

and as a bonus it managed three shots on this page, as did one of those slope-front ducky things

http://svsfilm.com/nineelms/coffin.htm

• RMweb Gold

EP, can someone clarify what an EP is?

I am of to Falkirk this year with Perth MRC but hope to be at Warley next year.

If I see any EPs at Falkirk, (once I know what they are) I will let you know. Look forward to seeing more posts from Warley.

No EP's at Falkirk.....

I did try with Charlie and Arran but they didn't have any spare.....

So we got on with the modelling instead of the frothing.

Great - lots of stuff to keep on modelling.

Thanks

• RMweb Gold

Phil

46233 is still going strong.Recommend a journey with her on the front end.Preferrably up Shap and when open to traffic over the S&C.

Fine wine for the conoisseur....if a bit brute force.

• RMweb Gold

May I be the first to comment "Only Scottish liveries" for the 156? ;)Yes - Charlie and Arran know what will sell fastest and give them the quickest return, so that they can get on with theu next model

Hi all,

Yes - Charlie and Arran certainly know what versions will sell first and fastest!

Just think - the sooner they can get  the moeny in - the sooner they can get the next release sorted.

Thanks

46233 is still going strong.Recommend a journey with her on the front end.Preferrably up Shap and when open to traffic over the S&C.

Fine wine for the conoisseur....if a bit brute force.

I've done that trip - great day out. Being too young for real steam, I like to try and do trips where they would have run.

46233 is magnificent - as you say, a chateauneuf-du-pape of a loco!

• RMweb Gold

Agree. As coverage of 'seen at' the premier national show, laughable.

Bet this thread gets locked now....

This isn't coverage. This is Andy Y telling those of us who were not there about important trade announcements and developments, which are of huge interest to many members. Get real.

Agree. As coverage of 'seen at' the premier national show, laughable.

Bet this thread gets locked now....

Are you just trying to be unpleasant? Or do you just misunderstand the concept of posting random images from a phone on the fly?

If anyone wants to add anything they saw they are welcome to do so. Whilst I wasn't able to see everything to your satisfaction I was taking several hundred other product images.

• RMweb Gold

Are you just trying to be unpleasant? Or do you just misunderstand the concept of posting random images from a phone on the fly?

If anyone wants to add anything they saw they are welcome to do so. Whilst I wasn't able to see everything to your satisfaction I was taking several hundred other product images.

To be fair, Andy, you did well to remember to go to the loo in between. I am getting to the age where it is prudent to pop in one whenever you see one. Never pass a loo.........

Thanks for your efforts.

Rob.

I have been to Warley a few times, The first time I went I was there for two days and I did not see everything, So trying to get photos of all the layout would be near imposable, I know.

So for poor Andy to go round and take magazine photo of the layouts would be near impossible, that if you can get to the front of some of the layouts that is.

Thanks Andy for taking the photo of what's new, really appreciat it.

Darren   

Whilst the engine in the photo might not interest me, it might well others and so Andy's posting to me seems perfectly reasonable and to those who may not be able to attend and have interest in said loco might be rather important to them.

[quote name="Andy Y" post="2513588" timestamp="1480193859

For all those Modernists ..... Messrs Hornby stand

post-20303-0-00309500-1480197596.jpeg

post-20303-0-86597000-1480197605.jpeg

And at the risk of starting another discussion ( please not here, there's plenty going on elsewhere)

post-20303-0-58706200-1480197620.jpeg

post-20303-0-53960100-1480197632.jpeg

post-20303-0-05687100-1480197643.jpeg

Just purely for info you understand:)

There was a guy there today by the name of Matthias Zeller who was selling just track cleaning wagons and rolling roads.

I'd never seen or heard of him or his products before.  He's from Germany so maybe this is his first UK show?

Anyway, I bought a track cleaner wagon for £35.

Got it home on the layout tonight and ran it for just a few feet - and it's excellent!  And there I was thinking my rails were pretty clean!

You don't need any fluids with this; he said just replace the pads regularly.  When the supplied pads run out he says use strips of Aldi foor mop attached with double sided tape.  You get a massive blue floor map for £2 apparantly!

Highly pleased with this purchase - as I said I never heard of him before, so no connection etc.

UPDATE 10/12/2016:  Tried to purchase the floor mop from Aldi today.  No such item available!  Very disappointed.  But found similar product (same material and same thickness slightly thinner, but yellow in colour!) at Sainsbury's!  "3 Super Absorbent Cloths by Sainsburys" £1 per pack of 3. Works a treat  Result!

post-17874-0-65937500-1480199127.jpg

post-17874-0-51145800-1480199129.jpg

In other news....

If anyone had their hand "stamped" it could be awkward trying to explain that if you get home and had a drink.... Your missus might think you've been out to a disco !

Yours

Knight Club

Archived