Duncan's workbench

emt_911

Excellent work Duncan, shame work's got in the way mate, keep up the good work.

Thanks mate. If it goes well I have another to butcher for the other line. It's time consuming but I think that it's worth the effort.

• 3 months later...

I've actually managed a whole weekend of modelling.

A little bit has been done to the bridge and seven wagon kits for HA have been built and primed.

The mojo is definitely there just a lack of time slows things down.

More updates soon (I hope)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I decided to start on a SE Finecast M7 kit this afternoon.

This is the first loco I've attempted and with hindsight, maybe I should have tackled something a bit easier and with better instructions.

I've lost count of the amount of times that I've taken apart what I'd already done because something else should have been done first.

It has been a great learning experience though.

No photos because I didn't even consider it worth while but some will be posted once I get the chassis running smoothly.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I decided to start on a SE Finecast M7 kit this afternoon.

This is the first loco I've attempted and with hindsight, maybe I should have tackled something a bit easier and with better instructions.

I've lost count of the amount of times that I've taken apart what I'd already done because something else should have been done first.

It has been a great learning experience though.

No photos because I didn't even consider it worth while but some will be posted once I get the chassis running smoothly.

Duncan,

Well done for the attempt.  I certainly would not try a loco until I had a lot of experience with other less complicated builds.  I hope it goes well, it will at least be interesting for you and when you have a loco that works of your own making you will certainly feel a sense of achievement.

• 5 months later...

A few months since I managed to do anything on the workbench thanks to work, more work and real life issues.

No photos today but I did manage to sound fit my first loco. A Q1 and some how I got the chip and the speaker to fit in the boiler. A tight fit but well worth it having the sound in the right place.

Heading up to Swadlincote tomorrow to help with the Gresley and Wychnor Mince Pie weekend. Hopefully while I'm up there I can convince Andy P to assist me sound fitting one of the M7's. It may require some surgery to achieve this one.

No work for the rest of the month, so there is a possibility of some modelling taking place again.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the Q1 was weathered by Andy P which now makes it look like the workhorse it was.

Where it went from this

post-6953-0-95241000-1513541366_thumb.jpg

To this

post-6953-0-69182000-1513541413_thumb.jpg

The weekend in Derbyshire allowed me to find my modelling mojo which hadn't disappeared but was lost in working excessive hours for the last few months.

The workbench is now busy with lots of kits to build.

Today has been a break from rolling stock and locos. A Dapol church that may find its way on to HA

post-6953-0-25478300-1513541529_thumb.jpg

post-6953-0-85040100-1513541544_thumb.jpg

post-6953-0-00856600-1513541562_thumb.jpg

post-6953-0-12502900-1513541576_thumb.jpg

Still a bit of work to do but at least things are getting back to normal.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...