Revolution offers HOA stone hopper as next modernwagon in N

Revolution Ben

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Mike. Got the EWS one I was after. Also looking to pick up some more CEMEX ones so will watch for any possibly coming up. 

Cheers, 

Tom. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I hope Ben and Mike don't mind me posting this here. 

The decals for blanking the Cemex logos out that I mentioned a few posts back are now available for ordering. I've started a thread here 

and this includes ordering info, how to get in touch and a link to my site.

HOA-1.jpg.0bb70d0e3febcfab57132ecb2644a749.jpg

HOA-3.jpg.5f3bdc05e0b4c548a61fe42df27d225c.jpg

As and when time allows I'll look into the potential for graffiti packs for the EWS and Mendip packs too if these get enough interest.

All the best

Jo

Edited by Steadfast
  • Like 6

• 1 month later...

Hi All

I have made some permanent loads for my HOAs.

I cut and shaped some foam to fill most  of the hopper. The foam is light and adds very little weight. Then sprinkled the aggregate on top. To add some variety and colour, I had mixed Geoscenics light grey ballast with a small amount of Woodland Scenics brown ballast. I then soaked it with scenic cement from Woodland Scenics and left it overnight to dry. (I usually use diluted PVA glue but had some scenic cement left and didn't want to waste it). You can shape the foam to give irregular sized loads.

Cheers, Ged.

IMG_0590.jpg

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 3 weeks later...

Something that may be of interest to others, I've knocked together a small table giving some sample formations of Mendip workings that mix boxes and hoppers. By no means is this conclusive, but it gives a taste of how you can mix boxes and hoppers. It also shows that we really need some other wagon types to run mixed with the Revolution HOA and JNAs  I've included the portion sizes, as it shows that you don't need a massive 40 wagon train to be prototypical, once the train gets to London it splits in to 2 or 3 bits, the smallest portion being 10 wagons. Equally, the Fareham, Botley and Woking are all smaller trains.

MendipJumboFormations.jpg.36b7c0bb9bbf3a23ad74189c56aa477b.jpg

Jo

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

28 minutes ago, shanks522 said:

Really pleased with the wagons, had a few teething troubles, have fitted them with Hunt couplings, very impressed!

Graham. 

What size Hunt Couplings for these please Graham?

• 3 weeks later...

Just putting this one out there if anyone wants some light entertainment on a Saturday afternoon... :D

Revolution's HOAs don't bounce very well. Of the 15 that just took a trip down the (luckily carpeted) stairs, 11 are now Red Carded for drawgear defects. Thankfully all free range buffers were found and will be reattached when I have the patience and some glue! The only thing that I've not been able to recover is half a buffer head, and that I'm sure I can sort with plasticard.

And if you're asking how...the bottom fell out of the cardboard box I was carrying them in. All findable, and kinda small fry with the world at the moment, don't ya think?

Jo

• Friendly/supportive 5

• 4 months later...

Hi

I was just doing some tidying of my rakes and noticed one of my DB Red Wagons is number 320036 which looking on website wasnt listed as one of the numbers. Last minute number change? Seems to be 320013 from triple A it replaced.

Guess everyone else got the same?

20201109_164924.jpg

• Informative/Useful 1

Yes. Just checked all of mine. 

I was going by the numbers listed on the Revolution website. I do have 320013. Its 320028 listed on website that seems to have become 320036. I was just wondering if it changed halfway through production and they was another out there I needed to get 

• RMweb Gold

Hi all

For the DB liveried wagons there was a single wagon and two triple packs. We didn’t add any others!

I don’t know why the number changed from that originally planned; at least it is different to the others in the box!

cheers

Ben A.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello John,

Yes, the HOAs are to be upscaled to 00, however they are not yet available to pre-order because we are pacing our offerings and in 00 the Ecofret container wagons, IWA vans/timber carriers and IPA car carriers are ahead in the queue.

cheers

Ben A.

• Informative/Useful 1

8 hours ago, Ben A said:

Hello John,

Yes, the HOAs are to be upscaled to 00, however they are not yet available to pre-order because we are pacing our offerings and in 00 the Ecofret container wagons, IWA vans/timber carriers and IPA car carriers are ahead in the queue.

cheers

Ben A.

Thank you Ben, brilliant news

Best regards

John