Revolution offers HOA stone hopper as next modernwagon in N

Revolution Ben

Thanks Ben, personally I would prefer to see drop in loads if that was possible. Wagons look great thank you for producing these. Will these run smoother than the excellent TEA's you have produced, I have had some issues running a rake of 26 x TEA's on my layout they look great but we need 3 x Class 66's to haul them. Thanks Ben

Best,
Chris

• RMweb Gold

Hi Chris,

Wow - 26 IS a long rake, but I am not sure it should need 3 x Class 66 to haul them, even if the prototypes usually demand a 60!

Do you have any with slightly stiff axles?  If so PM me and I will try to help.

cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Chrisjh said:

Thanks Ben, personally I would prefer to see drop in loads if that was possible. Wagons look great thank you for producing these. Will these run smoother than the excellent TEA's you have produced, I have had some issues running a rake of 26 x TEA's on my layout they look great but we need 3 x Class 66's to haul them. Thanks Ben

Best,
Chris

We run 21 TEA's hauled by a Farish 66 or 60 with no issue at all so it does appear that you have an issue with some of them.

PS - we run them on the level  - not tried any gradients

Edited by roundhouse
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 01/08/2019 at 11:48, roundhouse said:

We run 21 TEA's hauled by a Farish 66 or 60 with no issue at all so it does appear that you have an issue with some of them.

PS - we run them on the level  - not tried any gradients

I’ve got level track and I can only run with max 15..... beyond that the loco wheel spin (Farish 66; less so the 60) becomes a bit much! I honestly don’t know how you manage 21.... I would if I could!

I do feel the TEA wagons are a little too heavy - I haven’t previously investigated removing the weight but someone mentioned removing the non-ladder barrel end - I’ve managed that with a few now, but I cannot for the life of me dislodge the weight inside - any top tips???! I’m guessing I need a very slender pair of needle nose pliers, which is the ONLY tool I don’t own....!

.... it’s just occurred to me that we are getting of topic - oops :huh: !

Edited by JR_P
Apologies for taking thread OT!

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi,

For those who missed the reference in my post on IPA car carriers, on the RevolutioN website IPA decorated samples page:

http://www.revolutiontrains.com/car-carriers-dazzle/

Immediately after the show (TINGS 14&15 Sept - Gerry) we will be closing the order book for the HOA hoppers which are ready for production

Regards, Gerry.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Ryan,

Since you have an order placed I'd guess that you've had the email showing 30th September as the deadline, so time enough to make the change.

As they have quite a lot to do at the moment I'd suggest a 'belt-and-braces' approach; email them via the contact us on the website and PM them through here.

I have no doubt that Ben and Mike make every effort to follow the many topic posts here and on other forums but with the content of their email in mind I'd consider making the additional contacts.

Don't forget to include your  invoice details - number and full name etc.

Regards, Gerry.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ryan,

Don't worry.

Email Revolution stating your details inc. order number and explaining what you want to change.  It will get sorted, but right now as we prepare to close the order book I suspect Mike is rationalising orders and will come to it in due course.

cheers

Ben A.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Collected my 28 HOAs at Glasgow with examples of each of the liveries. These are absolutely superb models with exquisite details and wonderful fine printing. The free running qualities are quite amazing which is probably due to the fact they are nicely weighted.

I experienced a slight problem with tight bogies that was easily remedied by loosening them with a small screwdriver. Ben has illustrated the solution on the Revolution website.

Now to weather them and add some loads.

A HUGE thank you, once again, to Ben & Mike.

Ged.

• Thanks 2

Fantastic news that the HOAs are here, can't wait to get my knock on the door from the postman.

If anyone's interested, I have in development some waterslide transfers to patch out the logos on the Cemex wagons (and thanks to Ben for his assistance thus far). I'll be doing them for myself, but will start a thread in small suppliers in due course so if anyone else is interested I can sort sufficient extras. I'll also be looking into graffiti decals suitable for the HOAs.

Jo

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just received my 18 x DBS HOA's very impressive although my DBS Class 60 Struggles to pull them, and I have had to revert to a double headed DBS 66. Shame as the same DBS Class 60 can haul 20 x 100 Tonne HHA's, I am strugglying to understand why? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  Excellent wagons though! Many thanks and Best Wishes, Chris 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Chris,

I don’t know - mine are very free running.  I am sorry to hear you’re having some problems.

Here are my suggestions:

1). We did find a few with stiff bogies, where the fixing screw had been slightly over tightened - have you checked that?  

2). Set up a length of straight track on a slight incline and try the hoppers one at a time.  This should reveal any that are less free running.  Once you’ve found these, check each wheelset to see if you can identify any that are not free-rolling.  If there are any problem bogies or axles PM me and I’ll either send your replacement parts or you can return the complete wagon for exchange.

cheers

Ben A.

Many thanks Ben much appreciated, I have slackened those wagons with tight bogies - I think you mention this on your website, whilst this did help unfortunately it hasn't solved the problem.  I will definitely set up a a length of straight track on a slight incline and try the hoppers one at a time, great idea. I wasn't sure whether it might be an idea to grease the axles?  

Thanks Ben, great wagons though 

Best,

Chris 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
22 hours ago, Chrisjh said:

I wasn't sure whether it might be an idea to grease the axles?  

Best,

Chris 

Hi Chris,

The bearing is a metal pinpoint in a plastic cone.  I wouldn’t put anything “sticky” near them - maybe some graphite powder might help - but if you identify a couple of problem bogies or axles PM me and we will send replacements.

cheers

Ben A.

• 2 weeks later...

Crikey, how have I missed this thread up until now?

I'll just throw my hat into the ring and say if these are made in 00 gauge I would most definetly buy some, Dapol are doing the O&K wagons and they are all mixed in together on trains on the B&H and Eastleigh trains (the ones I watch most).

The N gauge ones are very impressive.

• RMweb Gold

I collected mine from the delivery office this morning on my regulation one walk of the day! Nice to have something to brighten up the lockdown!

Now having to resist the urge to unpack them whilst working at home!

Tom. 

Glad you asked Tom, I'm tempted to add a 320000 to my set, complete the Cemex selection! I've checked online, no joy from Google.

As an aside, the test print of the Cemex blanking decals are on their way to me, should be delivered in the next day or two. Will set up a thread once they're here and I've had a look to see if any changes are needed before offering them to the world.

Jo

• Like 2