Ben A

Revolution offers HOA stone hopper as next modernwagon in N

C&M Models in Carlisle should have some (if they have any left).

Once we've finished sending out all the pre-orders we will have some spares to sell - not sure what liveries yet.

Cheers Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Mike. Got the EWS one I was after. Also looking to pick up some more CEMEX ones so will watch for any possibly coming up. 

Cheers, 

Tom. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I hope Ben and Mike don't mind me posting this here. 

The decals for blanking the Cemex logos out that I mentioned a few posts back are now available for ordering. I've started a thread here 

and this includes ordering info, how to get in touch and a link to my site.

HOA-1.jpg.0bb70d0e3febcfab57132ecb2644a749.jpg

HOA-3.jpg.5f3bdc05e0b4c548a61fe42df27d225c.jpg

As and when time allows I'll look into the potential for graffiti packs for the EWS and Mendip packs too if these get enough interest.

All the best

Jo

Edited by Steadfast
  • Like 6

Not at all Jo - I must remember to order some myself!

Cheers MIke

• Thanks 1

Hi All

I have made some permanent loads for my HOAs.

I cut and shaped some foam to fill most  of the hopper. The foam is light and adds very little weight. Then sprinkled the aggregate on top. To add some variety and colour, I had mixed Geoscenics light grey ballast with a small amount of Woodland Scenics brown ballast. I then soaked it with scenic cement from Woodland Scenics and left it overnight to dry. (I usually use diluted PVA glue but had some scenic cement left and didn't want to waste it). You can shape the foam to give irregular sized loads.

Cheers, Ged.

IMG_0590.jpg

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Something that may be of interest to others, I've knocked together a small table giving some sample formations of Mendip workings that mix boxes and hoppers. By no means is this conclusive, but it gives a taste of how you can mix boxes and hoppers. It also shows that we really need some other wagon types to run mixed with the Revolution HOA and JNAs  I've included the portion sizes, as it shows that you don't need a massive 40 wagon train to be prototypical, once the train gets to London it splits in to 2 or 3 bits, the smallest portion being 10 wagons. Equally, the Fareham, Botley and Woking are all smaller trains.

MendipJumboFormations.jpg.36b7c0bb9bbf3a23ad74189c56aa477b.jpg

Jo

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

Really pleased with the wagons, had a few teething troubles, have fitted them with Hunt couplings, very impressed!

Graham. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, shanks522 said:

Really pleased with the wagons, had a few teething troubles, have fitted them with Hunt couplings, very impressed!

Graham. 

What size Hunt Couplings for these please Graham?

43 minutes ago, ryan1 said:

What size Hunt Couplings for these please Graham?

The standard NEM version. 

• Like 1

Looking good Graham - what are Hunt couplings? 

8 minutes ago, MrSimon said:

Looking good Graham - what are Hunt couplings? 

hi simon, there magnetic couplings, I’d seen a few videos on YouTube and decided to give them a go, for permanent rakes there ideal. 

757E7317-E8B3-4DC0-9A04-F47DF30293B4.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

Just putting this one out there if anyone wants some light entertainment on a Saturday afternoon... :D

Revolution's HOAs don't bounce very well. Of the 15 that just took a trip down the (luckily carpeted) stairs, 11 are now Red Carded for drawgear defects. Thankfully all free range buffers were found and will be reattached when I have the patience and some glue! The only thing that I've not been able to recover is half a buffer head, and that I'm sure I can sort with plasticard.

And if you're asking how...the bottom fell out of the cardboard box I was carrying them in. All findable, and kinda small fry with the world at the moment, don't ya think?

Jo

• Friendly/supportive 4