Hornby Princess Coronation Class (Duchess)

Dick Turpin

Yippee!!

Be very careful of any adjustments, you'll probably know, but it's obvious anyway - those screws are tiny and fragile.

I have found with the Hornby plastic-centred wheels that I can 'gently force' the spigot (??) to the angle I require - very slight change required only.

I tried it once with a Bachmann Jubilee, before I realised the wheel was all metal - one replacement wheel set later .... my fault!!

B.R. 60700 W1 has been a recent addition for me, early logo.

The Walschaerts return crank is perfectly centred!!  No valve movement at all!!  The way out I found, as the crank was so 'elbows out' was to partially flatten it, to ensure it's enough 'off centre' and hey presto, the valvegear's moving.  I'm leaving alone now!

Al.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/02/2024 at 21:05, Robin Brasher said:

Does anyone remember the opening sequence of the Six Five Special Steaming Down the Line on BBC1 on 16 February 1956? The opening sequence was 'Coronation' heading off on an express train.

The streamlined Coronation was followed by a short glimpse of an unrebuilt Patriot or Royal Scot and an A1 or A2 on the Forth Bridge. 

• Like 2

I thought I remembered the introduction featuring an A3 crossing the pointwork at the east end of Newcastle Central.