Random email

Nelson Jackson

Andy, I'm not trying to be snide or p!ssy about things but a bit concerned that when I registered for RMweb it was pre-Warners. My email address was supplied to the site and not to a commercial mailing list. Not sure I'm totally happy about them harvesting my address for their promotions without my consent.

Hi Andrew, the only emails sent were to people who had opted in to receive any emails from administration.Email addresses which are obviously overseas were also screened out of the pre-Warley marketing email'

If you wish to unsubscribe click on your name at the top right of the screen and select My Settings from the drop-down menu and then Notification Options from the menu on the left-hand side of the screen.

You will then see a tickbox at the top of the page:

Notification Preferences Privacy Settings
  •  Send me news and information
    Enabling this option will add you to our mailing list. You can unsubscribe at any time.

That's an individuals call of course but surely an occasional marketing email in return for free access to the busiest railway modelling site isn't too onerous? There's been a total of three emails of this nature in five years.

Anyone who has received an email can unsubscribe from the link at the bottom of it anyway.

Just concerned that Warners may have decided to start using the massive RMweb email database for further marketing shots.

We're not going to spam everyone with loads of emails but Steve and I have just been discussing similar promotions ahead of the shows at Doncaster at Ally Pally. It's not unreasonable that Warner's who pay the bills for providing the site do maximise their opportunities; my role is to make it relevant and/or of interest and not a nuisance.

• Administrators

We're not going to spam everyone with loads of emails but Steve and I have just been discussing similar promotions ahead of the shows at Doncaster at Ally Pally. It's not unreasonable that Warner's who pay the bills for providing the site do maximise their opportunities; my role is to make it relevant and/or of interest and not a nuisance.

Just to confirm what Andy has said, we won't be bombarding members with emails. And, if you want to unsubscribe it's easy to do so... just click 'unsubscribe' at the bottom of the email. We'll only be using the emails to promote offers prior to a show.

Archived