Realtrack Class 156

charliepetty

Would really like to see the original Provincial Super Sprinter livery, with the 'running man' sprinter logo.

I'd second that, 'Super Sprinter' as applied to sets 443-500 rather than simply 'Sprinter' (sets 401-442) (http://members.madasafish.com/~dysgraphyk/156/class156_liv-pr.htm).

I'd be looking for an early Neville Hill set (to model the Scarborough-Liverpool Transpennine services as a stop gap between the 150/2s and 158s) so Version 2 (Leeds - Carlisle) would probably be the best option for me I think.

Also, what's the plan on obstacle deflectors please? Are these to be made removable or will some versions come without to cover the first couple of years service?

• Like 1

Our thought's are:

Version 1   Portsmouth Harbour - Cardiff

Version 2   Leeds - Carlisle

Version 3   Glasgow - Oban

Your thought's please?

I would go for Nowich -Liverpool which would cover a large area of the country and operating areas. Also Cardiff/Birmingham -Nottingham or perhaps slightly less popular Lincoln - Coventry ?

• RMweb Premium

The one in this photo would be perfect, thanks, Charlie. That's Haymarket unless I'm very much mistaken.

Yup. October 1988 and a staff open day to 'celebrate' the conversion of the depot from locos to the new sprinter fleet. Some more pics on my Flickr page, scanned from the original prints. Quality is a bit iffy as I was - still am - just a point & shoot snapper who knows nowt about exposure settings pr composition etc.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskm84V4w

• Like 2

Yup. October 1988 and a staff open day to 'celebrate' the conversion of the depot from locos to the new sprinter fleet. Some more pics on my Flickr page, scanned from the original prints. Quality is a bit iffy as I was - still am - just a point & shoot snapper who knows nowt about exposure settings pr composition etc.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskm84V4w

Thanks S-E. Not sure I'd want to 'celebrate' the conversion of the depot from locos to sprinters exactly, but very interesting and even more useful nonetheless. Thanks!

Cheers

Dave

Edited by Waverley West

• RMweb Premium

Hi Charlie,

How about: Barrow - Preston that would suit me perfectly.

Thanks

Mark

Clitheroe-Manchester in Northern please.

Bif has the sound file to do correct station announcements in a local accent.....

Edited by newbryford

Would it be possible to include interchangeable destinations?  The number of the unit might be wrong but at least the destination would reflect the relevant area.

Roddy

No.  There is nothing to stop you covering the one printed with a decal with other destinations on though.   Sorry Charlie

No.  There is nothing to stop you covering the one printed with a decal with other destinations on though.   Sorry Charlie

If the destination boxes will be illuminated how easy will it be to remove the pre printed destination to stop it "bleeding through" when illuminated if we want to change the destinations?

If the destination boxes will be illuminated how easy will it be to remove the pre printed destination to stop it "bleeding through" when illuminated if we want to change the destinations?

On the early Bachmann 150s, the destination was printed onto a removable plastic insert which fitted behind the window, which made changing the destination easy. On the older Bachmann DMUs, it was possible to scratch off the printing on the destination windows, but sometimes the only way to change the destination was to make a new glazing insert, which was a real pain as it was virtually impossible to produce one to the same quality of finish as the original.

Making the destination easy to change would make a huge difference for me personally. 

On the early Bachmann 150s, the destination was printed onto a removable plastic insert which fitted behind the window, which made changing the destination easy. On the older Bachmann DMUs, it was possible to scratch off the printing on the destination windows, but sometimes the only way to change the destination was to make a new glazing insert, which was a real pain as it was virtually impossible to produce one to the same quality of finish as the original.

Making the destination easy to change would make a huge difference for me personally. 

The Bodyshell has a clear printed window in the blind.  Charlie

Apologies if this has been covered, the email dated 24th Dec says deposits will be banked during the first week of January. My deposit hasn't yet gone out of my account from what I can make out.

Could you confirm if you have taken all the deposits, or have already taken payments incase i've missed it somewhere? I preordered mine online on the Saturday of Warley.

Thanks

Apologies if this has been covered, the email dated 24th Dec says deposits will be banked during the first week of January. My deposit hasn't yet gone out of my account from what I can make out.

Could you confirm if you have taken all the deposits, or have already taken payments incase i've missed it somewhere? I preordered mine online on the Saturday of Warley.

Thanks

Well, I ordered on-line giving my card details, but nothing has been charged to my account yet, so I suspect that your cheque possibly hasn't been banked either.  However, I'm sure that Charlie will be along to confirm soon.

Well, I ordered on-line giving my card details, but nothing has been charged to my account yet, so I suspect that your cheque possibly hasn't been banked either.  However, I'm sure that Charlie will be along to confirm soon.

With Stock taking, Year End Stuff & VAT Return been busy, be re-assured I will take the deposits during January, away tomorrow all day with Rapido sorting out 'Stuff', even got a 'FREE' lunch if I don't upset them!!!!

Charlie

Charlie,

I'm not complaining that you haven't banked cheques or taken credit card deposits - the debit will appear in my account soon enough - especially when delivery will be several months away.  I appreciate that the end of the year can be a busy time, although sometimes every month can seem busy. 

Enjoy your 'free' lunch, but just remember that nothing is really 'free'! 

Our thought's are:

Your thought's please?

What about a northern one ?

Inverness  >   Wick / Thurso / Kyle / Aberdeen / Glasgow / Edinburgh..................

and 

Glasgow  >  Fort Bill...........etc 

Plenty there to choose from   lol 

Regards

Ken

Guest eddie reffin

Our thought's are:

Your thought's please?

Version 3 would be a winner for me- If you did Fort William- Glasgow too that would be even better. Provided they were in original condition (1988/9)