Realtrack Class 156

charliepetty

Even when they arrive it will take Charlie a fair amount of time to unbox and then handle the local delivery process for each item. Having a Provincial version on order (have zero interest in the privatisation era) I am expecting it mid 2019 to arrive, if it is before it would be a bonus.

• RMweb Premium

I am putting money on a 'Announcement' from another Manufacturer of a White 'Incorrect' bodied Northern Model in 14 days!!

Charlie

As much as I want a 'Northern' liveried 156, either in the Purple or the White livery (if you do both, I'll have both !!), there's no way I'd part with the cash for the other model !

I'm currently personalising the EMT version I picked up at Warley, and I have to say that up close it's every bit as good as I was hoping it would be. :)  :)

Even better than my fleet of 143's and 144's, and they were my favourite DMU models until now.

Cheers,

Phil.

PS

Can I put a vote in for the unique RAF liveried 156480 please !!

As much as I want a 'Northern' liveried 156, either in the Purple or the White livery (if you do both, I'll have both !!), there's no way I'd part with the cash for the other model !

I'm currently personalising the EMT version I picked up at Warley, and I have to say that up close it's every bit as good as I was hoping it would be. :)  :)

Even better than my fleet of 143's and 144's, and they were my favourite DMU models until now.

Cheers,

Phil.

PS

Can I put a vote in for the unique RAF liveried 156480 please !!

My sources say 'Don't' at the moment!!!!!!  But after the 142 a 'Midnight Blue' 156 is planned.

Charlie

Edited by charliepetty

• RMweb Gold

Nothing yet, hence the question.

Normally the instructions with a model mention any maintenance things like oiling points on axles or gears but the 156 manual has nothing (possibly a Rapido thing since the Revolution Pendolino manual is also devoid of any maintenance info).

Nothing yet, hence the question.

Normally the instructions with a model mention any maintenance things like oiling points on axles or gears but the 156 manual has nothing (possibly a Rapido thing since the Revolution Pendolino manual is also devoid of any maintenance info).

Modern models normally do not need much maintainance as the are pre-lubricated with special grease.  Oiling in the axles with standard oil is not suggested as the electrical pickups are fed through the metal to metal electrical contacts, IF oil is used it has to be electrically conductive oils as any other will impair the models pefrormance.

Very little has to be done with a modern designed train if its designed correctly, over oiling does not do the model or paintwork any good.

Charlie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

LONG DELAYS !!!

Sorry but as we are 'VERY' busy at the moment with 156 stuff we have a big delay on Warranty & Repairs on stuff.

Very sorry but there is only one of me.     Charlie

Edited by charliepetty
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...

Over 75% of the East Midland Trains orders have now been shipped to customers, anyone out there who wants one OR have pre-ordered one and not heard from us please contact:  charlie@dckits.co.uk  as we have e.mailed or have dropped a line to 'Every' customer but some have not been in touch yet.

Stocks are now limited on this version.      Charlie

On 27/03/2019 at 23:27, charliepetty said:

Over 75% of the East Midland Trains orders have now been shipped to customers, anyone out there who wants one OR have pre-ordered one and not heard from us please contact:  charlie@dckits.co.uk  as we have e.mailed or have dropped a line to 'Every' customer but some have not been in touch yet.

Stocks are now limited on this version.      Charlie

Thank you for the very quick delivery of the 156 and for producing them in the first place, definitely worth the wait and cost compared with the Hornby 156. 156405 certainly looks at home alongside 153374 and 153379 on my layout.

711018596_IMG_20190324_110901(2).jpg.d190b47f1c8a12b39b9bf371b065a5f4.jpg

• Like 2

Received mine today. Excellent looking model but one issue with mine - the chassis on one car does not seem to be fixed in to the body - if you pick it up it starts to drop out at the cab end. I've tried to click it in to place but it just doesn't seem to want to. Any suggestions?

I'd rather not go through the aggro of returning it as otherwise it appears faultless subject to actually getting it on a layout.

Hi there.

If you press hard on the coupling box & the fuel tank the chassis should clip in, Ihace noticed with the odd unit the Chinese assembly guy has overlapped the hole that the body clips into with a bit of sticky tape.  Use a small knofeto remove this IF this is the reason.

PPS We will be at York, Epsom & Bristol in the coming weeks.    Charlie

• Like 1

Hi, thanks for response.

I have looked at it in detail and there is nothing fouling the holes for the clips. I have also made sure all wires etc are tidied up and not protruding from the interior. It is so loose that if you pick it up by the body the chassis literally slips out the bottom.

I will return to Kernow as I can't see any way of securing it. Hopefully they still have stock for a replacement.

Brilliant, thank you. I have noted there is a slight curve in the chassis, and that when you try to clip in one end, the other pops back out. I am wondering if this may be the issue. Also one loose and one missing screw on the interior when compared to other carriage.

The model is of 156 410 Nottingham - Skegness, please save me one in case of replacement as I wanted these destinations.

Many thanks.

Edited by georgeds