Realtrack Class 156

charliepetty

• 2 weeks later...

Please note:   The East Midlands Trains Class 156s are running out, so please do not leave it long as you might end up paying 'Ebay Prices' as when they are gone, they are gone.

Do not say I did not warn you.     Charlie

PPS Hattons and Rails of Sheffield still have a few left too!

Hattons EMT Cab.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, charliepetty said:

Being reprinted as we speak, no delivery as yet.    Sorry but Rapido cocked it up not us.    

I think at £230.00 it 'HAS' to be correct, we could not accept the errors on the samples!

I'm glad that on behalf of fellow modellers, you are "NOT PREPARED TO ACCEPT 2ND BEST" from Rapido Trains.

After the vast amount of time, effort, and money that you have obviously spent on research and development, it would be regarded as "a crime" if Rapido just feel that "2nd best" will do for us UK modellers, and that they can therefore try to ruin your reputation for Quality.

Rapido promise Quality, so that is what WE expect.

Edited by Perfect Paul
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 2

Don't know how applicable it is, but the latest North American Rapido Newsletter announces Rapido has just hired 2 people and significantly promoted one existing employee to help deal with the issues they were facing being a rapidly growing company.  Hopefully this will help both prevent what has happened in this case and solve some of the other issues that seem to have cropped up lately.

(those that want to read about it can see the end of this newsletter - https://myemail.constantcontact.com/Rapido-News-110---New-LRC--New-Hoppers--New-NP-Boxcars--New-Video-.html?soid=1101318906379&aid=I4ag6HlTnuk ).

8 hours ago, Perfect Paul said:

After the vast amount of time, effort, and money that you have obviously spent on research and development, it would be regarded as "a crime" if Rapido just feel that "2nd best" will do for us UK modellers, and that they can therefore try to ruin your reputation for Quality. 

Non-factual, surely?  As if Rapido, or any manufacturer would submit erroneous samples to a client on purpose.  Sorry, but that's a ridiculous statement.

Edited by YesTor
  • Agree 2

13 hours ago, YesTor said:

Non-factual, surely?  As if Rapido, or any manufacturer would submit erroneous samples to a client on purpose.  Sorry, but that's a ridiculous statement.

Not that ridiculous :

It is my understanding that this is not the first time that this livery has been subjected to errors.

They were meant to be delivered along with the EMT version at last year's Warley Show.

They failed to appear because of livery errors.

(Confirmed by a Rapido employee at Warley)

There have been further errors since then, leading to yet more delays.

Edited by Perfect Paul
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Sorry if I missed this, I can't see anything scrolling back through the last couple of pages.  What was the error on the samples?  

Perfect Paul (oh that we were all that good, including Rapido, eh?) seems to be a bit harsh, surely the fact that it's been picked up and is being corrected is the right way forwards, even if it means you can't have your new toy to throw out of the pram until a bit later.    I can't imagine a manufacturer would try and "ruin someone's reputation for quality" when that someone is putting a lot of work their way with models already released and many more versions to follow, that would be very bizarre business logic more suited to the DJM thread.  Something's gone wrong, it's been dealt with professionally, the models will arrive when they arrive.  I doubt Charlie wants the stress and hassle, nor Rapido the cost and inconvenience of having to delay and correct them, but credit to both for sorting it.  

• Agree 2

Speaking personally I think the insistence on the correction was correct and am really looking forward to getting my hands on a sound fitted example.  I imagine once they are delivered people will come back and they will sell out quickly.  Let's face it there's not much competition if you want a Provincial Class 156 and the reception the Scotrail units have had shows the quality achieved, with few turning up on eBay.

As for giving you grief, some people really need to have a word with themselves.

• Like 1
  • Agree 10

8 hours ago, wombatofludham said:

Speaking personally I think the insistence on the correction was correct and am really looking forward to getting my hands on a sound fitted example.  I imagine once they are delivered people will come back and they will sell out quickly.  Let's face it there's not much competition if you want a Provincial Class 156 and the reception the Scotrail units have had shows the quality achieved, with few turning up on eBay.

As for giving you grief, some people really need to have a word with themselves.

Sad to hear people are giving you grief. It’s not your fault. You are trying to ensure that your customers get the best 156 it can be, and with livery errors, it is never going to be the best. You are absolutely right making sure that the factory gets it spot on. So what if it’s 6 months late. It needs to be correct. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 6

I can't belief people giving grief for doing the right thing and telling people why there is a delay - other companies have just continued and got it wrong or delatyed and not said why

More than happy to wait for my ones to arrive

• Agree 9

Hi Charlie,

A very sensible approach and quite right delaying it to get it right. 

Now wheres my 156! :P

Seriously the Scotrail sound fitted pair I have already are simply superb and the Provincial one holds excitement simply for the fact I remember getting my Lima one for my Birthday way back when they first came out when I was 10, and it was a cracking model for its time.

Hopefully see you at Perth

all the best

Mark

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Charlie, I’m going to ask a cheeky question but are there any plans for new and different liveries if there’s going to be future releases?

On 15/05/2019 at 19:39, jools1959 said:

Hi Charlie, I’m going to ask a cheeky question but are there any plans for new and different liveries if there’s going to be future releases?

Jools,

have a read on the other 156 thread, Charlie has already mentioned future liveries 

Edited by Andy Mac
  • Like 1