Realtrack Class 156

charliepetty

11 hours ago, charliepetty said:

E.Mail me @ charlie@dckits.co.uk with your info please.   Charlie

Have messaged three times over the last number of weeks. No final payment taken despite getting a receipt. No reply to messages and no Class 156

23 hours ago, charliepetty said:

And now we start again:

The next Class 156 is being planned, lots of folk keep asking for Anglia & Northern Spirit.    Any thought chaps.

Arran & Charlie

I'm sure that you have announced that the next ones are going to be Regional Railways Express, Northern Rail Blue and Purple and some ex-Barbie Northern Rail ones at start of last franchise or done like they are now as de-branded.

If your meaning those being done after these, then I would recommend:

Northern Rail Blue and White
Northern Spirit Lime Green and Blue N
Northern Spirit unbranded with Arriva branding
National Express Scotrail Swoosh

• Like 1

Couple of photos of my recent arrival on test on the work-in-progress Wednesford layout.  Very impressive model and the twin speakers really do set the model off.  If you are in any way undecided whether to buy one, go for it.  It takes modern (relatively, they are heading for 25 years old...) dmus to a new level.

I just hope I can build the layout to match it!

20191001_151439.jpg

20191001_151524.jpg

On ‎30‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 14:13, charliepetty said:

And now we start again:

The next Class 156 is being planned.  Any thought chaps.

Another vote for Central Trains, but rather the RR version:

DJC_156405_Birmingham-New-St_150203.jpg

Reason being is that it fits geographically nearly everywhere and had a long life.

Edited by Sir TophamHatt
  • Agree 4

I received my sound fitted Provincial livery model this week, very impressive but the front lights just look wrong.

As a quick fix, accepting that the small marker lights are missing, I've managed to wade through the Loksound manual and fathomed out how the function mapping works so I could disable the inner headlights but leave the outer one on. In the end it was an easy change, I did each car separately as follows:

Set CV32 to 8 (this is important as it indexes CV321, other values of CV32 will give different values of CV321)

Change CV321 from 5 to 4

This will light the outer right white light at the front and both inners red at the rear on F0.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/09/2019 at 14:13, charliepetty said:

And now we start again:

The next Class 156 is being planned, lots of folk keep asking for Anglia & Northern Spirit.    Any thought chaps.

Arran & Charlie

Hi Charlie,

Belated feedback. I would certainly be buying a 156 in Northern Spirit turquoise and green were you to produce one.

Cheers,

Andy

Hi everyone,

For those modelling the current Northern scene one of the Scotrail Barbie livery units is ideal. Just de-brand possibly renumber and job done. 156477 was at Ravenglass on Monday. Not the same as those nice 37’s on the line!

cheers

Mark

47AA9EC0-56E4-47EB-B152-8736F7C725C4.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

This gives you a bit of a time warp for the area - First North Western had similar units when the Northern Rail franchise was getting started. The difference was that these had the full yellow front, where as First Scotrail has the blue wrap around the sides. These were also de-branded and then showed up across the franchise.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 03/10/2019 at 20:06, giz said:

I received my sound fitted Provincial livery model this week, very impressive but the front lights just look wrong.

As a quick fix, accepting that the small marker lights are missing, I've managed to wade through the Loksound manual and fathomed out how the function mapping works so I could disable the inner headlights but leave the outer one on. In the end it was an easy change, I did each car separately as follows:

Set CV32 to 8 (this is important as it indexes CV321, other values of CV32 will give different values of CV321)

Change CV321 from 5 to 4

This will light the outer right white light at the front and both inners red at the rear on F0.

Thanks very much for the info. This is something I was planning to investigate. Still waiting for my sound equipped one to arrive. I might even look at adding the missing light in due course.

• Agree 1

On 17/10/2019 at 13:57, The Black Hat said:

This gives you a bit of a time warp for the area - First North Western had similar units when the Northern Rail franchise was getting started. The difference was that these had the full yellow front, where as First Scotrail has the blue wrap around the sides. These were also de-branded and then showed up across the franchise.

I'm planning on back-dating one of my Scotrail Barbie 156s to an ex-FNW "Northern" unit. Thanks for the info on the extended yellow ends, I hadn't noticed this before!

On 30/09/2019 at 14:13, charliepetty said:

And now we start again:

Arran & Charlie

In order of preference:

1. Northern Spirit (Northern or Arriva branding)
2. Northern Rail – Early (the original 'experimental' liveries with the angled sweep)

3. Northern Rail – Promtional (e.g. Settle–Carlisle, NRM, Ravenglass, Hadrian's Wall)

Basically anything mid-2000s from the Northern fleet will do for me!

Thanks for your consideration :D

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The current debranded 'Northern Rail' livery as seen on Northern services before the units are sent for refurbishment, as per this example would be great.

156459 at Brighouse on 7th August 2019 working 1J21, 15.20 Leeds to Southport.

1067053608_1564591J21Brighouse07082019-RMweb.jpg.836b7ffbe4754b039b4230e7bd162d70.jpg

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 15:31, james-htfc said:

In order of preference:

1. Northern Spirit (Northern or Arriva branding)
2. Northern Rail – Early (the original 'experimental' liveries with the angled sweep)

3. Northern Rail – Promtional (e.g. Settle–Carlisle, NRM, Ravenglass, Hadrian's Wall)

Basically anything mid-2000s from the Northern fleet will do for me!

Thanks for your consideration :D

Id be very interested if some of the Northern Artwork ones could be done, but think that these would be so niche as to make them difficult to sell. Personally, I would like the 'Bishop Auckland' one or the NRM one, but there are so many that it might be hard to choose one or two to offer.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BR(S) said:

Hi @charliepetty I'm trying to contact you regarding a 156 that I had to return in September.  I've e-mailed you at the dckits address and have PMd you on here, but haven't heard anything yet.  Many thanks.

Hello,

I also sent 1 car of the model back but have not heard anything since, despite sending a few emails. I'm not bothered if it takes a while to sort, but would like confirmation that it's with Charlie.

Just received my (DCC sound) provincial 156458 this morning and I have to say I've very impressed indeed. Even with a rudimentary DCC test with my somewhat function limited Bachmann EZ controller it's an impressive beast - looks and sounds the part, and the customer fitted parts not too fiddly at all.

A very well done to Charlie and everyone at Realtrack and Rapido, it's been worth the wait.

(P.S. Original Strathclyde orange and black in the next batch please!)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 hours ago, dmustu said:

Hello,

I also sent 1 car of the model back but have not heard anything since, despite sending a few emails. I'm not bothered if it takes a while to sort, but would like confirmation that it's with Charlie.

Please PM me on charlie@dckits as we have no orders from dmustu, so I cannot check.   Luv Charlie