Realtrack Class 156

charliepetty

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

Really!!!  At those prices I’m keeping my wallet firmly in my pocket.  Their DC only model is shy of a all singing and dancing DCC version (albeit not a Northern scheme) direct from Charlie.

If you did get one, you could get the sound decoders off Charlie and still save yourself £100.

I thought it very reasonable myself...

Rainbow Resprays seem to have this also at £275- Analogue

https://www.rainbowrailways.co.uk/realtrack-class-156487-northern-rail-livery-gauge-p-1816.html

- same running number too ?:wacko:

Realtracks rrp for aclass 156 is £230.00

So your only paying £45 for a respray of a 2 car unit.

a FGW class 158 will set you back £259... a fair comparison as both are new and both are twin motored units... 

At £230 analogue, for a 156 where else are you getting two new super detailed locomotives at £115 each ?, or a new respray at £135 ?

put it another way, even if you sprayed your own, after paint, transfers, your still not looking at much change from £260... and at your own risk.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2

Hi everyone,

Rainbow Railways are doing all the limited versions of the 156. They will be on their website when stock is available but the Northern units that were finished last night have already sold out. More will follow so keep an eye out if you want one. Olivias have limited stocks too.

You are only paying £45 more than the standard price for a 2 car unit from brand new stock direct from Charlie which is fully stripped down before being fully refinished and rebuilt. After painting the livery elements and details are printed on which creates a superb finish which you can’t achieve with transfers so they really are very good value to add something different to your collection.

I want a Northern one for myself but I’ll have to wait at the current rate of demand! I don’t have enough spare time to go and help Colin build more units up.

There will be a few new specials for Glasgow from Charlie but I can’t say any more! 

Just for the avoidance of any doubt Colin, Mike and Charlie are friends of mine which is how I know what is in production but thought some might like this extra information.

Thanks

Mark

• Like 2

10 hours ago, charliepetty said:

Specials: ????????????????    Charlie

Well you know that you'd really, really like to announce a Class 156 in SPT carmine and cream livery.  Maybe Glasgow is the ideal venue for that announcement. ;-)

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Dungrange said:

Well you know that you'd really, really like to announce a Class 156 in SPT ORANGE & BLACK.  Maybe Glasgow is the ideal venue for that announcement. ;-)

Fixed that for you :D

Roll on Glasgow !

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
On 23/01/2020 at 23:38, ColinRae said:

Rainbow Railways sold out this evening - will have more stock of the Northern 156s Middle of next week :)

Yes, one of them is mine ;-)

A happy surprise came this morning from Rainbow Railways..

DDF3A518-C5EA-4F84-84E0-77E837D22CCA.jpeg.53aa4e4208d866432ae9177787cda24d.jpeg

This is a lovely finish...D17421E0-54B6-40A3-BD3D-6AD5F3572AE2.jpeg.78ebfd9fad1b3d010d45a5955d18dc92.jpeg

i kind of figured knowing how long lead times take (and looking at historical runs on the pacers), that getting a Northern 156 might take some time..

AF963C8E-F822-40A8-84B0-DD84D6FCDA34.jpeg

so at just £45 over rrp this is a nice choice..

6177E1C1-636A-44CD-9BF1-BEC987ABAC0E.jpeg

7B73773C-E016-45B2-9B5F-911EBE486421.jpeg

6B5B0A6F-C25D-40A2-B985-751610CEBAAB.jpeg

i’m very happy  with it ! 

346B8286-87D3-4262-87C5-572237C8560D.jpeg.a2e4d2fc56918c606450db914b2575f1.jpeg

£275 from Rainbow Railways.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 9

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

Yes, one of them is mine ;-)

A happy surprise came this morning from Rainbow Railways..

DDF3A518-C5EA-4F84-84E0-77E837D22CCA.jpeg.53aa4e4208d866432ae9177787cda24d.jpeg

This is a lovely finish...D17421E0-54B6-40A3-BD3D-6AD5F3572AE2.jpeg.78ebfd9fad1b3d010d45a5955d18dc92.jpeg

i kind of figured knowing how long lead times take (and looking at historical runs on the pacers), that getting a Northern 156 might take some time..

AF963C8E-F822-40A8-84B0-DD84D6FCDA34.jpeg

so at just £45 over rrp this is a nice choice..

6177E1C1-636A-44CD-9BF1-BEC987ABAC0E.jpeg

7B73773C-E016-45B2-9B5F-911EBE486421.jpeg

6B5B0A6F-C25D-40A2-B985-751610CEBAAB.jpeg

i’m very happy  with it ! 

346B8286-87D3-4262-87C5-572237C8560D.jpeg.a2e4d2fc56918c606450db914b2575f1.jpeg

£275 from Rainbow Railways.

Thank you very much for posting the photos. It's always good to see models in photos. 

I have to say this is an excellent respray. It's that good that I can't even tell that it's a respray. Well done Rainbow Railways!

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, 43078shildoncountydurham said:

Hi all,

Any news on my 156 and decoder delivery?

Regards 

Craig 

Why do people ask on here?

Surely if you've placed an order with a retailer it is more appropriate to contact them directly by e-mail, rather than posting on a public forum.  Charlie won't be able to answer stupid questions like the above without order details.  The rest of us don't care.

• Agree 2

19 minutes ago, 43078shildoncountydurham said:

Why do I ask here, when you don’t get any answer either via e mail or PM, that’s why....

All the best..

Craig 

Feel your pain Craig, I’m in a similar situation....

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Dungrange said:

Why do people ask on here?

Surely if you've placed an order with a retailer it is more appropriate to contact them directly by e-mail, rather than posting on a public forum.  Charlie won't be able to answer stupid questions like the above without order details.  The rest of us don't care.

To give you an idea of why people end up asking on here:

My original order placed for the model was ignored despite payment of the deposit. No answer to enquiries until I asked on here. Apparently it was all my fault as the e-mail address I've had for a decade and use daily and on which they finally contacted me obviously wasn't working they said.

I had to return the 156 to DC Kits last September and have the signed proof of delivery. No acknowledgement from them. Gave them a ring, they had no idea what model I'd returned or who I was, despite enclosing a letter describing the problems with the model and giving my name, address and order number.

Stupidly I know, but I decided to ask them to add sound to the model before sending a replacement. They took my credit card details. It's now February and no replacement model or contact from them.

So we've been patient as we know it's a one-man band that's a victim of their own success. We've e-mailed them, we've telephoned them, we've sent them PMs on RMWeb and we've asked the questions directly on this thread. Seems reasonable given I handed over £230 longer ago than I can even remember and I have nothing to show for it.

So in a nutshell, we ask on here because they do great products but their customer service is utterly pathetic (and that's me being kind). 

Edited by BR(S)
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

It could be that Charlie or Arran are either travelling up & down the country, to and from many lengthy shows, at both ends of the UK.

They could also actually be at the shows, sometimes 3 days at a time.

They could also be out and about with their sound recording expert, capturing the very Latest locomotive sounds for us all to enjoy.

Inbetween all of this, there is also the matter of fitting sound to customers various models, (not just class 156) as well as wrapping up & sending off via the post office, and in addition they could be on the telephone dealing with customer orders and queries.

They could also actually be ill or be having to attend to family matters, the same as most of us from time to time, or they might just be having a well earned break.

I'm sure that Charlie or Arran will rectify any outstanding queries with you, if you keep trying to contact them directly, and not via this forum.

No connection, other than a long standing and satisfied customer.

Thank you.

Edited by Perfect Paul

2 hours ago, Perfect Paul said:

It could be that Charlie or Arran are either travelling up & down the country, to and from many lengthy shows, at both ends of the UK.

They could also actually be at the shows, sometimes 3 days at a time.

They could also be out and about with their sound recording expert, capturing the very Latest locomotive sounds for us all to enjoy.

Inbetween all of this, there is also the matter of fitting sound to customers various models, (not just class 156) as well as wrapping up & sending off via the post office, and in addition they could be on the telephone dealing with customer orders and queries.

They could also actually be ill or be having to attend to family matters, the same as most of us from time to time, or they might just be having a well earned break.

I'm sure that Charlie or Arran will rectify any outstanding queries with you, if you keep trying to contact them directly, and not via this forum.

No connection, other than a long standing and satisfied customer.

Thank you.

Yep, I fully expected the apologists to be out in force as DC Kits/Realtrack seem to attract those sort of folk. Indeed, the things you list are what we refer to as "life". In amongst all that, having taken people's £230s, it is common courtesy to give a quick update on what's going on. You know, one of those one minute entries on RMWeb would do just every so often, to allow a large group to be covered at once.

As you'll see from my entry I, together with various others, have been more than patient, we've then e-mailed as instructed, we've phoned (didn't have a clue that any £230 model had been returned), we've PMd on here and we've put messages on this thread. Some have got no response, but their £230 or more was taken quickly enough.

Utterly pathetic.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BR(S) said:

Yep, I fully expected the apologists to be out in force as DC Kits/Realtrack seem to attract those sort of folk. Indeed, the things you list are what we refer to as "life". In amongst all that, having taken people's £230s, it is common courtesy to give a quick update on what's going on. You know, one of those one minute entries on RMWeb would do just every so often, to allow a large group to be covered at once.

As you'll see from my entry I, together with various others, have been more than patient, we've then e-mailed as instructed, we've phoned (didn't have a clue that any £230 model had been returned), we've PMd on here and we've put messages on this thread. Some have got no response, but their £230 or more was taken quickly enough.

Utterly pathetic.

SORRY.  As before I need your name and what you have ordered.     Charlie

• RMweb Gold

This is not aimed at BR(S) or anyone else but putting anonymous messages on a thread is the least likely way that you will get your issue solved. Sure you can register your complaint but without knowing who you are it is unlikely to lead to a solution! There are many more effective ways of communicating eg email/phone/letter/at shows in person - a polite reminder is often all that might be needed.

I know it can be frustrating waiting for a response but when you are dealing with a one man band (or sometimes people doing it in their free time) then things will take longer than either party wishes/sometimes get missed etc etc. 

That isn't about being an apologist, it is about having understanding of both sides.

Cheers Mike

• Like 3
  • Agree 4

Is the only way to get a sound fitted Reggie Rail unit direct from the Realtrack/DC Kits site? I see Hattons/Kernow/Rails are showing the Non-DCC versions in stock but I'd be tempted to get a sound one having been impressed by various YouTube videos of it. Reading some of the posts on this thread I'm a little hesitant about parting with £340.

All units are fitted with sound by me (Realtrack) we are currently 'VERY' busy, so delivery is approx 3-4 weeks.

In the next month we are at:  Doncaster, Glasgow, Preston, Jarrow & Ali Pali.

Been in buisness for 33 years so i am going now where!!!!   Honest.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 07/02/2020 at 00:17, charliepetty said:

All units are fitted with sound by me (Realtrack) we are currently 'VERY' busy, so delivery is approx 3-4 weeks.

Thanks Charlie for the reassurance. I may come and see you at Ally Pally, will you have sound fitted examples available, or best to preorder now?

On 07/02/2020 at 00:17, charliepetty said:

Another 8 orders for 156's out this week along with another 47 parcels, sadly not catching up as more orders than that arrived in!!!!!!!!!

Plus we have Glasgow in 5 days, that should put us behind again.  Doing my best.   Charlie

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3