Realtrack Class 156

charliepetty

On 29/12/2020 at 23:29, charliepetty said:

I find it amazing that 95% of customers seem happy, but roughly 5% don't.

Why would that be amazing?

Statistically that's pretty good!

Shame no RR/CT version (yet?!), but completely understandable with the Pacer units.

Edited by Sir TophamHatt

• 1 month later...

Have a question if anyone can help.

Fitted @legomanbiffo sound chips to both cars supplied by @charliepetty

Programmed them to a 4 digit address on my old powercab (both with same address).

bow when I put them on the layout with my ESU system the railcom says it cannot have 2 decoders with same address?? Any ideas what May be the best way round this??

thanks

russell

40 minutes ago, russellwar said:

Programmed them to a 4 digit address on my old powercab (both with same address).

bow when I put them on the layout with my ESU system the railcom says it cannot have 2 decoders with same address?? Any ideas what May be the best way round this??

thanks

russell

Do you need RC active on both?

I expect I will end up having 2 decoders with different addresses, putting 2 different coaches in and then making a train from them in iTrain.

On the ECoS you might have to either switch RC off on one chip, and run as one, or have two addresses and then set as a consist (either in the system or by programming the chips with a consist address)

I aren't familiar with ECoS so I don't know the rules by which it lives.

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, russellwar said:

thanks

russell

Disable Railcom on the rear car's decoder and it'll work properly.

No need to mess around with different addresses or consists.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 02/05/2021 at 13:51, charliepetty said:

On a Scottish Theme.

156445 Saltire Model.jpg

Hi Charlie,

Will these be available again in the Saltaire livery? 

Great news if they are. 

Cheers, 

Mark 

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know what type of decoders come with the after-market pre-set-up pair (https://railsofsheffield.com/products/legomanbiffo-cl156dec-class-156-dcc-decoders-suitable-for-the-realtrack-class-156-2-pack)?

Been trying to hook a 156 up to the Bachmann 158 for some quite time by trying to 3D print some attachment for the 158 (all attempts failed), but luckily the new 150s come with the new BSI coupler, which works wonderfully with the 156! Need to tune the CVs, surprised they work without derailing untuned (first for me so a pleasant surprise).

22 hours ago, centraltrains said:

Does anyone know what type of decoders come with the after-market pre-set-up pair (https://railsofsheffield.com/products/legomanbiffo-cl156dec-class-156-dcc-decoders-suitable-for-the-realtrack-class-156-2-pack)?

Been trying to hook a 156 up to the Bachmann 158 for some quite time by trying to 3D print some attachment for the 158 (all attempts failed), but luckily the new 150s come with the new BSI coupler, which works wonderfully with the 156! Need to tune the CVs, surprised they work without derailing untuned (first for me so a pleasant surprise).

The decoders are ESU LokPilots all set up, programmed and ready to go by Realtrack Models

Strange thing but Realtrack/DCKits sell them cheaper :

https://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=253_68&product_id=306

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I have a Realtrack Class 156 and Hornby Class 153, both in East Midlands Trains livery.  I want to run them together and wondered what is the best coupler to use.  I’m considering using NEM fitted Kadee’s but is there any pros and cons to using them.

I use kadees on a lot of my stock but have been moving away from them recently for certain applications including coupling 2 motorised locos- the coupling allows a fair amount of movement (Less than tension kicks tho) between the items which can create issues when double heading. I’ve not tried on 2 units to comment but certainly can cause probs on locos particularly on 3rd rad curves (and I assume tighter). Whilst not pretty I have found Hornby (or shorter Roco version of same) bar type couplers great for this application as gives a firm connection without any slop whilst being easily uncoupled when needed. These slot into NEM pockets and are pretty inexpensive to buy. Hope helps, M

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, jools1959 said:

I have a Realtrack Class 156 and Hornby Class 153, both in East Midlands Trains livery.  I want to run them together and wondered what is the best coupler to use.  I’m considering using NEM fitted Kadee’s but is there any pros and cons to using them.

We here at Realtrack Models stock Kadee couplings on our DC Kits Website,

for use on our 156 Units, 

See:

https://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=89_91&product_id=1248

Edited by charliepetty
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 04/05/2021 at 22:20, charliepetty said:

Yes a small quantity, when we have news of delivery the Website will go live, no taking of money and waiting.  I have a list of customers who want them and they are first.

Charlie

Hi Charlie, how does one get their name on the waiting list for the Scotrail Saltire 156's? Thanks.

• 6 months later...

Quick Question. Is there a trick for close coupling two Class 156s units? I note that only the unit inner ends have a close coupling mechanism, and the outer ends just have a fixed NEM pocket in a dovetail. Is there a CCM retrofit available?

How have others got around this?

19 hours ago, charliepetty said:

Bachmann Multiple unit NEM coupling bars could be the answer !!    Charlie

Realtrack Drawbar Couplings.jpg

Can these be used as a substitute for the inner coupling bars supplied with the models?

I think that's part number 36-066 as used with a Bachmann 101.

I managed to pull one of my 156 coupling bars apart by accident not so long ago and it was quite a fiddle for my chubby fingers to put it back together particularly with the copper wires (or at least I think I did!), thankfully there was a spare included so I'm down one that's fine and one that hopefully used but good.

Edited by Bon Accord

On 08/04/2022 at 17:20, Bon Accord said:

Can these be used as a substitute for the inner coupling bars supplied with the models?

I think that's part number 36-066 as used with a Bachmann 101.

I managed to pull one of my 156 coupling bars apart by accident not so long ago and it was quite a fiddle for my chubby fingers to put it back together particularly with the copper wires (or at least I think I did!), thankfully there was a spare included so I'm down one that's fine and one that hopefully used but good.

The Bachmann ones are too small and won't fit in the 156, but we do have them as spares !!!!

https://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=113_120&product_id=492

Class 156 Bubbles Model 1.jpg

• Thanks 1