Jump to content

Realtrack Class 156


charliepetty
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 07/02/2020 at 00:17, charliepetty said:

All units are fitted with sound by me (Realtrack) we are currently 'VERY' busy, so delivery is approx 3-4 weeks.

 

In the next month we are at:  Doncaster, Glasgow, Preston, Jarrow & Ali Pali.

 

Been in buisness for 33 years so i am going now where!!!!   Honest.

Another 8 orders for 156's out this week along with another 47 parcels, sadly not catching up as more orders than that arrived in!!!!!!!!!

 

Plus we have Glasgow in 5 days, that should put us behind again.  Doing my best.   Charlie

  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Charlie,

Can you please confirm that the Northern Blue and Purple livery is being done next on the class 156. I have noticed that Rainbow Resprays are doing this now but would like to still be a good loyal customer and purchase one that your company is making direct.

 

I can understand if there is a delay, why rainbow would want to do this. The model is excellent and clearly demand is there.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 30/03/2020 at 12:57, The Black Hat said:

Charlie,

Can you please confirm that the Northern Blue and Purple livery is being done next on the class 156. I have noticed that Rainbow Resprays are doing this now but would like to still be a good loyal customer and purchase one that your company is making direct.

 

I can understand if there is a delay, why rainbow would want to do this. The model is excellent and clearly demand is there.

The Next 156 will be Northern, but we need to see the Class 142 first.  Charlie

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 31/03/2020 at 17:53, charliepetty said:

The Next 156 will be Northern, but we need to see the Class 142 first.  Charlie

 

Hi Charlie, 

 

That's brilliant to hear. Thank you for confirming this. Will this next batch of 156s also include the latest/new white Northern livery? 

 

As I like to model and be as up to date as possible this livery would be ideal for me. 

 

As you say the next batch of 156s will be after the first batch of 142s. So will the next batch of 156s be likely to arrive late 2021/2022?

 

Thank you very much in advance. 

 

Kind Regards, 

 

Danny. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

 

Hi Charlie, 

 

That's brilliant to hear. Thank you for confirming this. Will this next batch of 156s also include the latest/new white Northern livery? 

 

As I like to model and be as up to date as possible this livery would be ideal for me. 

 

As you say the next batch of 156s will be after the first batch of 142s. So will the next batch of 156s be likely to arrive late 2021/2022?

 

Thank you very much in advance. 

 

Kind Regards, 

 

Danny. 

The Chinese answer is always 'Yes, No Ploblem'

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, charliepetty said:

The Chinese answer is always 'Yes, No Ploblem'

 

Hi Charlie, 

 

That's brilliant, thank you for letting us know. 

 

I will wait then until you produce a Northern White liveried 156. I may also be interested in a Serco Abellio purple 156. 

 

So is the next batch of 156s just Northern liveries or are you thinking of adding some other liveries to this batch too?

 

Thank you very much in advance. 

 

Kind Regards, 

 

Danny. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold

Bit of a random one and maybe better suited for the DCC forums but I was trying to enable the dynamic braking on my 156 so it matches my LokSound V5 stuff but I can't seem to actually set CV179 (the braking force) any higher than 0. Decoder Pro just gives a failed to confirm error.

 

Any ideas or is it just something the LokSound Selects don't actually support?

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 05/04/2020 at 17:36, Kaput said:

Bit of a random one and maybe better suited for the DCC forums but I was trying to enable the dynamic braking on my 156 so it matches my LokSound V5 stuff but I can't seem to actually set CV179 (the braking force) any higher than 0. Decoder Pro just gives a failed to confirm error.

 

Any ideas or is it just something the LokSound Selects don't actually support?

It was not designed with Active Brake on the Select Decoders (ScotRail Units Only)

 

Looking at the project is does suggest that CV179 should work. It's 'factory set' to 40 by me, but be aware that you need to reduce the value to make it more severe. It's the opposite way round in v5, just to confuse.

 

Biff

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello

I have a Scotrail 156 unit and it appears one of the units has failed it tries to move but only gets about 3 inches sound works for that short distance and then like the loco cuts out , I have removed the body thinking there may have been drive shaft loose, but the model does not use  them. The sound chip sounds ok so that's not blown I have re set the unit back to 3 and lights and sound work for a short time but the unit will not move, it does move a little with my finger pressed on the top of the unit [body still is off the chassis. wonder if anybody else has had this problem. The other unit works fine on its own but is unable to pull the failed unit.

I have not yet contacted Charlie with it being a "Bank Holiday"[every day is a bank holiday at the moment for the majority}I will try early next week to contact Charlie Realtrack. However I would appreciate any suggestions to my problem, wiring perhaps.

Thanks in anticipation

John {Brittannia

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, brittannia said:

Hello

I have a Scotrail 156 unit and it appears one of the units has failed it tries to move but only gets about 3 inches sound works for that short distance and then like the loco cuts out , I have removed the body thinking there may have been drive shaft loose, but the model does not use  them. The sound chip sounds ok so that's not blown I have re set the unit back to 3 and lights and sound work for a short time but the unit will not move, it does move a little with my finger pressed on the top of the unit [body still is off the chassis. wonder if anybody else has had this problem. The other unit works fine on its own but is unable to pull the failed unit.

I have not yet contacted Charlie with it being a "Bank Holiday"[every day is a bank holiday at the moment for the majority}I will try early next week to contact Charlie Realtrack. However I would appreciate any suggestions to my problem, wiring perhaps.

Thanks in anticipation

John {Brittannia

 

Is the Rear Bogie on the failed unit loose???

 

Charlie

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, brittannia said:

Hello Charlie thanks for your fast response, yes it does droop about quarter of an inch, the other end has a slight tilt. What can be done to rectify the droop?

Thats normal, try the unit on DC and see what is happening.

 

Charlie

Link to post
Share on other sites

Charlie,

Tried it on DC fired up lights came on  managed about 3 inches a couple of times in one direction, nothing in the other direction, Went back to original direction nothing now on that. Any other reasons why the unit appears to have failed.

John

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Charlie,

I was a bit slow on the uptake on the DC part, but managed to find a 21 blank pin and about 2ft of track and  unit  ran OK in both directions. I purchased the Model off yourself when I visited Partington 0 Gauge in 2018 or 2019 , you may remember the conversation and you told me if I paid in full there on credit card I would receive the Model sooner, you sent the unit to me later on when in stock , to be honest I think the transactions were probably 2018 .

I would conclude the chip s faulty although lights and sound work and a replacement possibly required let me know any costings for a replacement.

Regards John  Thanks again for your assistance in this matter

Edited by brittannia
just to add a couple of points
Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, brittannia said:

Hello Charlie,

I was a bit slow on the uptake on the DC part, but managed to find a 21 blank pin and about 2ft of track and  unit  ran OK in both directions. I purchased the Model off yourself when I visited Partington 0 Gauge in 2018 or 2019 , you may remember the conversation and you told me if I paid in full there on credit card I would receive the Model sooner, you sent the unit to me later on when in stock , to be honest I think the transactions were probably 2018 .

I would conclude the chip s faulty although lights and sound work and a replacement possibly required let me know any costings for a replacement.

Regards John  Thanks again for your assistance in this matter

Have you tried setting CV8 to 8 for a Reset.     Charlie

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Charlie

2 hours ago, charliepetty said:

Have you tried setting CV8 to 8 for a Reset.     Charlie

Tried setting CV8 to8 on my iPad  [using Z21]  comes up programming error, tried it on Android same result Loco sometimes fires up and then dies.  Not having much look as I said earlier it has only been used lightly and not for while until now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Unit has two chips!

 

So split the unit as two decoder failing with the same fault at the same time is unlikely, try one of the units on it own, then the other.  Both seperatly.

 

Charlie

Edited by charliepetty
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been doing that the two units are split the good one on one side and all the trials and tribulations with the faulty one , I have been getting the same problem all the time with the faulty one on DCC but it was OK on DC

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 14/04/2020 at 11:36, brittannia said:

Charlie both 156 decoders sent 1st class post today Tuesday 14 April.Thanks

One decoder was set at a lower speed threshold that the other, this must have been altered as all decoders are supplied with the same speed settings with one going forwards and the other in reverse, thus allowing for them to perform as a pair.

 

There is normally a charge for sorting stuff like this out.     Charlie

Edited by charliepetty
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...