Realtrack Class 156

charliepetty

My thoughts would be that if a version was produced in 'branded' livery then a 'debranded' variant could be achieved very easily by simply removing the unwanted decals/logos?

Quite agree, but I know how much Charlie is a fan of these small details being incorporated into its own separate release, especially for those that wont attempt it on a £200 unit model. Northern Spirit liveried 156's were seen with small white Northern Rail logos as the franchise changed. This version would be good as it would also hit the Northern Rail franchise and I think that period would be popular as it would allow people to get a decent 156 alongside the other Northern Rail units that have been done, such as the 153, 150, 158 and soon to be 142.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

In the Provincial "Super Sprinter" livery, another one for Neville Hill base sets would be

Scarborough - Liverpool

York - Blackpool

For Northern Rail modellers, there was some 156s running in the North West at Northern's inception, in de-branded First Barbie livery with Northern Rail logos. Dapol produced this livery on their N gauge 156.

• Like 2

Glasgow Show:

Pre-Orders being taken at the show for anyone who has not yet ordered, half the batch ordered has now been sold.' You have been forewarned' Charlie

Oh, alright then..... I've emailed you to add another one! My credit cards gonna love you guys!

As to routes, I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but struggling to remember the livery, but how about

Glasgow central to Carlisle.... covers both Scottish and northern England modellers...

Glasgow queen street to Oban....

OK Guys.  Updates as follows:

156-111 Glasgow-Fort William 'Saltire Gaelic'   (Only 60 Left)

156-112 Glasgow-Newcastle vis GSW Route. 'Saltire English'  (82 Left)

156-113 Glasgow - East Kilbride 'Abellio Barbie'  (Only 38 Left)

156-114 Glasgow - Oban 'First Barbie'  (110 Left)

156-117 Glasgow - Edinburgh via Shotts 'First Barbie' (132 Left)

Its up to you if you want to 'Wait' until they arrive, the Saltire are scheduled to arrive in the UK first, approx. around June.

Charlie

• RMweb Gold

OK Guys.  Updates as follows:

156-111 Glasgow-Fort William 'Saltire Gaelic'   (Only 60 Left)

156-112 Glasgow-Newcastle vis GSW Route. 'Saltire English'  (82 Left)

156-113 Glasgow - East Kilbride 'Abellio Barbie'  (Only 38 Left)

156-114 Glasgow - Oban 'First Barbie'  (110 Left)

156-117 Glasgow - Edinburgh via Shotts 'First Barbie' (132 Left)

Its up to you if you want to 'Wait' until they arrive, the Saltire are scheduled to arrive in the UK first, approx. around June.

Charlie

Ok, that made my mind up - 1 less 156-111 now :yes: 

I was going to wait and see, but after the Class 68 was so good, I definitely need a unit to go with it. Roll on June.

Roy

• RMweb Premium

I've found an even easier Northern colour scheme to paint...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/markegdell/32405647994/in/feed

I believe this was before the Northern vinyls were applied, circa 2004.

Thanks,

Jack.

Got one of them somewhere. Lima body/Hurst underframe.

Cheers,

Mick

Ok, that made my mind up - 1 less 156-111 now :yes:

I was going to wait and see, but after the Class 68 was so good, I definitely need a unit to go with it. Roll on June.

Roy

People keep asking when the price options for the model will be posted onto the Website, the delay is caused by the Brexit uncertainty, as we don't want to publish prices then have to put them up, so we don't plan to announce them before April.  The versions will be:

DC Version  £200.00

DC Version with Passengers £  ?

DCC Non Sound Version  £  ?

DCC Non Sound Version with passengers £  ?

Twin Sound Fitted (Both Carriages)  £  ?

Twin Sound Fitted with passengers  £  ?

Charlie

I know they do. I was thinking about when you said there's no plans for a Northern Rail 156 unit - as in no plans yet. I would think that livery would be popular enough to be done quickly as it would be in high demand.

HI All

The first of the factory decorated samples and with all working features including a first for the UK with the door lights working.

All going well it should be here for York.

Regards Arran

post-530-0-76207600-1490643487_thumb.jpg

post-530-0-45962700-1490643509_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

HI All

The first of the factory decorated samples and with all working features including a first for the UK with the door lights working.

All going well it should be here for York.

Regards Arran

This post has led to me parting with another £50 deposit! Oopsy. Better stick some more stuff on eBay...

Looking great by the way!