Realtrack Class 156

charliepetty

Looks good Charlie I also think the blue looks too light but that could just be the photo, the samples you had at model rail Scotland looked perfect to me.

There should be the sticker on the door saying scotrail is operated by abellio., or first group depending on what year you are basing it on.

Finally and again it may just be the photo the saltire in the scotrail branding in the middle of the coach looks a little squint. May just be the angle the photo is taken from.

I was very impressed with the Model you had at model rail and I can't wait till my model arrives.

• RMweb Premium

3 Stages:

1/ Unpainted bodyshells/chassis to check out overall specification: Corrections IF required.

2/ Bespoke painted samples to see overall look of livery, detailing & running & drive testing. Livery changes, colour etc to amend IF required. (Photo Attached)

3/ Finished factory painted sample. This should be the final product IF no errors!!! These are on there way to us this week.

Thank you for the information which is useful.

Just echoing the comments on the shade of blue, it looks several shades too light... I think Bachmann got the shade right in their 158/170 versions of saltire livery....

Second ones being done now!

post-3411-0-86882400-1491323354_thumb.jpg

post-3411-0-10924900-1491323407_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

They look good, looks a darker shade....looking forward to the postman delivering these....

And secondly, thanks to being open to posting pictures for critique.... perhaps that's something the big boys should be considering...

Please advise how the final payment will be taken during may and at which end of may? Automatic, manual payment? Thanks

The Saltire model 'Should' arrive first, customers will be notified when the items are in transit to us that they should order the 'Options' on the Website, these options will be added to the site shortly as the Brexit things seems to be settling down.   Charlie

No apology needed Charlie. I was half expecting it. 

Just means more class 68 and 37 sound chips for some locomotive haulage a la Anglia style for my layout instead as Ive sold my 142, 156 and 158 that I had used. Its going to be that and some Realtrack 144s! 

Personally, cant wait for the 142, but the 156 here looks stunning. 

A few comments for your consideration:

There seems to be a step in the dots above the window so that they end too far back.

All the examples I looked at ended with four white dots adjacent to the yellow, not three. I don't know if this is a printing limitation?

The door looks white rather than the silver of Scotrail?

The cab roof looks black but is blue on the prototype.

Other than those and the already made comment re the shade of blue, looking good.

Roy

The following are my observations and are based on the 3 images below

If the white dots I have circled on the 3 images is the area you are referring to then it looks like it has been corrected on the finished model

The doors on the finished body look more silver than white (to me on my monitor )

The roof & sides look to be the same shade of blue on the finished body 

When you put the images next to each other the different shades of blue are very apparent, the lighter shade on the sample may be due to lighting or camera settings when the photo was taken

post-28417-0-24464300-1491435331_thumb.jpg

I may weaken & get on of these

John

• RMweb Gold

The following are my observations and are based on the 3 images below

If the white dots I have circled on the 3 images is the area you are referring to then it looks like it has been corrected on the finished model

The doors on the finished body look more silver than white (to me on my monitor )

The roof & sides look to be the same shade of blue on the finished body

When you put the images next to each other the different shades of blue are very apparent, the lighter shade on the sample may be due to lighting or camera settings when the photo was taken

scotrail 2.jpg

I may weaken & get on of these

John

Indeed, the only one of my comments that I am not sure is addressed is the colour of the cab roof. I am undecided if the latest model has a black or blue roof.

Roy

Indeed, the only one of my comments that I am not sure is addressed is the colour of the cab roof. I am undecided if the latest model has a black or blue roof.

Roy

Our Saltire Model has a Blue Roof.  The last photo is a finished model.

PPS Hornby got the Blue Dots correct but the bodyshell too light, like our pre-painted sample. Bachmann on the 170 got the body colour about right but the dots too dark, and Dapol on the 68 have copied the colours of the Bachmann one.  Ours is the correct RAL colours from the ScotRail paint spec.

Charlie

post-3411-0-01311700-1491511740_thumb.jpg

Edited by charliepetty
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Our Saltire Model has a Blue Roof. The last photo is a finished model.

PPS Hornby got the Blue Dots correct but the bodyshell to light, like our pre-painted sample, Bachmann on the 170 got the body colour about right but the dots too dark, and Dapol on the 68 have copied the colours of the Bachmann one. Ours is the correct RAL colours from the ScotRail paint spec.

Charlie

Thanks for confirming that Charlie. Really looking forward to this :-)

Roy

Please advise how the final payment will be taken during may and at which end of may? Automatic, manual payment? Thanks

All customers who have Pre Ordered will be notified shortly re the Balance payment and the options open to add the the order, these are DCC Non Sound & DCC Sound.

The DCC Sound will feature:

Day & Night Time running (No switches under the model, fully digitally controlled)

Parking/Stabling Red Lights at Both end when parked.

Switchable Rear & Front lights for multiple unit running.

Flickering Lights on start up in passenger compartments.

AutoFade Cab light (On when stationery, automatically switches off on moving)

Switchable Destination Blind (Front and Rear)

Twin Sound Decoders & Speakers in both carriages.

Staggered start up of engines on both carriages.

And finally:   Flushing Toilet Sounds for Non Retention Tank versions.

NO The driver will NOT operate the doors! we asked him.

Charlie

• Like 5

Another video here of the pre-production unit, doing doughnuts at the London Festival of model railway modelling for anyone interested:

At York we will have some possible future liveries!!

Edited by charliepetty
  • Like 2

New sample looks so much better now it's been painted up properley.

Not sure i'll be able to fund adding factory fit sound in time for the balance payment - what function decoder do we require for this model and what functions do we get to play with?