Class 142

charliepetty

• RMweb Gold

Excellent news Charlie, looking forward to ordering at least one in Cornish Skipper livery and some of the 156s when you produce them in something appropriate for the soft south.

all the best

Godfrey

Provider of fine marmalade to outstanding manufacturers :jester:

Blimey Gents, let them get on a bit with it.

I am sure they will cover all the popular versions in time.

Now is the time to get requests in that will have an effect on the tooling, so those of us wanting the early doors/no radio roof pod etc need to speak up sooner rather than after the tooling is designed and cut.

The only way they are going to know which are the most popular versions is if people speak up.

Sorry if this has been asked here before, where can I order one these from as I cannot see them on Realtrack website.

Cheers

Craig

Unlike others who make limited edition models, we do not require 'early' ordering to secure models, when we have a running sample we will add this too the Website, so don't worry!   Charlie

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Are you do both roof versions the one that has 3 roof ribs and the one that has lots of them, and are you going to do a gmpte orange and brown livery ?

For the class 142 that is.

Yes we are.  Both versions will become available, not necessary at the same time.  And 2 & 4 Leaf doors.    Charlie

• Like 1

Hi Charlie, I don't know whether this has been answered in the DMU thread but is the Cholcolate and Cream 'Skipper' going to be 4 or 2 leaf door version?

Thanks

David

I believe the skipper livery (and MPTE orange, and provincial blue) had disappeared by the time the 142s were fitted with single leaf doors.

EDIT: I stand corrected, I have just found a photo from1995 of a skipper in chocolate and cream with bright yellow single leaf doors. I don't believe they stayed like that for very long.

Edited by Matabiau

Will the model have opening doors? I ask in all seriousness, as I have been planning on making working doors for a 3mm 142.

I was lucky enough to be on a Northern 142 the other day and I got a seat by the doors and this did come into my head.

I thought that a linear servo in the roof (mounted perpendicular to the door) could control a bar that is attached to the top of every door on one side. When this is moved, the doors would be pulled  inwards by it and small pins in the front of the doors would keep it in place so the doors open and close prototypically. Zimo decoders can control two servos. (enough to be able to open the doors on each side individually.)

(Assuming single leaf doors)

Maybe a bit much for an RTR model, but maybe possible... 

I would be interested to know how you do it if you manage.

I believe the skipper livery (and MPTE orange, and provincial blue) had disappeared by the time the 142s were fitted with single leaf doors.

EDIT: I stand corrected, I have just found a photo from1995 of a skipper in chocolate and cream with bright yellow single leaf doors. I don't believe they stayed like that for very long.

When the skipper units were transferred up to Heaton they were still in chocolate and cream and had received the yellow single leaf doors. Found a picture or two on flickr of provincial with yellow single leaf doors too, around 1995 - 1996. Edited by Norm81

Now is the time to get requests in that will have an effect on the tooling, so those of us wanting the early doors/no radio roof pod etc need to speak up sooner rather than after the tooling is designed and cut.

The only way they are going to know which are the most popular versions is if people speak up.

Hmmm, not so sure. Realtrack seem to have a policy of modern liveries first (eg 143, 156).

Guy

• RMweb Premium

Hmmm, not so sure. Realtrack seem to have a policy of modern liveries first (eg 143, 156).

Guy

Hi Guy, see post#1. Two out of the three liveries are "old".

Unless by the first liveries, he means "First" and not "first"........ :locomotive:

Cheers,

Mick

Hi Charlie/Arran,

Good to see the 142 announced. A Northern one will be a must to go with the rest of the Northern Units I have and an original blue will of course be good on my next layout as would an orange one in the future.

I remember being in a brown and cream unit from Lancaster in the late 90's all stations to Barrow after a work trip and it was rammed as the schools had come out and felt like it was right down on its springs as it didn't bounce until after Grange when it emptied out a bit.

Mark