Class 142

charliepetty

Hi Folks,

Not quite a 142 but I thought you all might be interested to see what I'm up to with the added bonus that I'm chopping up a Hornby one to build it !

The Hornby parts are spliced together with Peco Model Scene Leyland National bus kits.

DSCF0730.JPG.809c9eb1c7eb17e84d8e76c2f01fc83b.JPG

RDB 977020 aka R3

Gibbo

• Like 11
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 5

6 minutes ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Folks,

Not quite a 142 but I thought you all might be interested to see what I'm up to with the added bonus that I'm chopping up a Hornby one to build it !

The Hornby parts are spliced together with Peco Model Scene Leyland National bus kits.

DSCF0730.JPG.809c9eb1c7eb17e84d8e76c2f01fc83b.JPG

RDB 977020 aka R3

Gibbo

Fabulous work!

• 1 month later...
On 04/01/2019 at 14:45, kevpeo said:

Can I play too, in order of  preference:-

1 - Provincial Blue Livery x many!

2 - GMPTE early

3 - GMPTE late

4 - Reggie Rail

5 - Merseyrail ( I hate the real ones seats, but still have to have one!)

I've seen all of the above plus a chocolate and cream one at Newton Heath, at the sametime .

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Charlie, hope you are well? 

The first Northern pacer has been retired today (142005). Well their was one retired last week due to an engine failure but that wasn't a planned withdrawal (142025). So that makes it the first two officially retired by Northern with more and more to go over the coming weeks and months. 

I was just wondering how close we are to having some Northern branded and debranded 142s? 

Thank you very much in advance. 

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, charliepetty said:

Sadly no, as Rapido has made little progress on what we had 12 Months ago sadly.   We might have to do some more 144's.

Charlie

Tool up for a 144 centre car, or sell me enough bits to make one !!!!!  :P

Cheers,

Phil.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
57 minutes ago, charliepetty said:

Sadly no, as Rapido has made little progress on what we had 12 Months ago sadly.   We might have to do some more 144's.

Charlie

This is quite sad on Rapido's behalf because I can't help but feel that you would produce an excellent 142. Have you had an explanation from Rapido regarding the delay and lack of progress? If so is their anything that you can divulge? Is the 142 definitely still going ahead?

Now some more 144s would be excellent because I missed out on the first batch, because I didn't know about you. Some Northern branded and Northern debranded 144s would be excellent. 

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, charliepetty said:

Charlie

If you do another 144 in Abellio Northern, I’ll definitely have one, maybe two lol.

If you could at least get the 142/144 original bus seat interiors sorted, an as new Metro train livery 144 would be most welcome. Shame about the 142 delay but gives me time to save up some serious money for 3 of them. (GMPTE, Provincial 1st batch and Provincial 2nd batch.)

• Agree 1

On ‎12‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 19:21, charliepetty said:

Charlie

That's a real pity as your definitely onto a winner! Hope things can move on soon as I'm wanting to get several!  

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, QuoitsPlayer said:

Where did you get your metal detailing parts from please?

I have a topic (below) where I can answer any questions rather than hijacking Charlie's topic :)

Edited by Ragtag
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Charlie, 

Hope you are well? 

Is their any update on the Class 142? Just asking because I would be really keen to buy a couple of purple Northern Class 142s. It would also be good to know how far along the project is for these so that I can think about allocating money for them if they are due for release in say 2020? Also would you consider doing another production run of Class 143s and Class 144s? I missed out on the first batch of these a few years ago and I would be really keen to buy the FGW Local Lines & GWR Green liveries on the 143s and Northern Rail purple livery on the Class 144s. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Hi Charlie, 

Hope you are well? 

Is their any update on the Class 142? Just asking because I would be really keen to buy a couple of purple Northern Class 142s. It would also be good to know how far along the project is for these so that I can think about allocating money for them if they are due for release in say 2020? Also would you consider doing another production run of Class 143s and Class 144s? I missed out on the first batch of these a few years ago and I would be really keen to buy the FGW Local Lines & GWR Green liveries on the 143s and Northern Rail purple livery on the Class 144s. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

Delayed due to the Provincial 156s being late.     Sorry.

Each project is self financing so proceeds from 156s pay for the 142.

Charlie

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, charliepetty said:

Delayed due to the Provincial 156s being late.     Sorry.

Each project is self financing so proceeds from 156s pay for the 142.

Charlie

Hi Charlie, 

Thank you for the reply. I really appreciate it. Have to say I am really looking forward to buying some Northern Rail 142s. I feel that you will do an excellent job at producing them as you have done with your other models. As and when you have further updates on these can you post on this thread please? I just don't often check websites now for announcements, I tend to just look on here where everything that's been announced can be found in the same place. 

Thanks in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, YesTor said:

Ditto on the GWR Green.  :P

Very true. The pacers do wear some very nice liveries. I don't even model any of the locations where the 143s in Local Lines livery and the 143s in GWR Green operate but I will definitely have some on my layout just because the liveries are very eye catching and Realtrack do such a good job at printing them. It would be nice for another batch of these including the recently repainted GWR Green 143s. Personally I think that they would sell really well considering that this livery hasn't been produced before and that eight of the GWR 143s will be operating into 2020 now. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Reading between the lines on the Class 156 thread, is the “super train” Class 142 the next big project to push or you going to produce more 143/144’s or 156’s?