Class 142

charliepetty

41 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

Reading between the lines on the Class 156 thread, is the “super train” Class 142 the next big project to push or you going to produce more 143/144’s or 156’s?

I suspect this previous post helps explain that the 142 goes next now that the 156's finally arrived

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, surfsup said:

But a question for Charlie and Arran, how is the 142 Project progressing? 

By all accounts work on the 142 hasn't started yet as I believe that Charlie is snowed-under dealing with the Class 156.  See Charlie's post earlier in the week...

cheers

Al

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, YesTor said:

By all accounts work on the 142 hasn't started yet as I believe that Charlie is snowed-under dealing with the Class 156.  See Charlie's post earlier in the week...

cheers

Al

Ah, Thanks Al. I hadn't seen that post but it's good to see it's not been forgotten. Hopefully the delay won't be too long, but having 3 of the excellent FGW 143s in the fleet I'm highly sure that the delay will be worth it! 

• Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...

We have decided to produce the following units, these are based on the second series, these are different Hornby model so 'IF' the decide in the current trend to beat us to it!  then the model offered by Realtrack is different:

142060 (Now Preserved) Northern Rail

142062 Northern Rail

142091 (Now Preserved) Northern Rail

142061 Provincial (NH Pendle Witch Logo's)

142083 Provincial

142088 Provincial

More details will follow as and when.

Charlie 

142084_Serco-Abellio.jpg

142083 Provincial.jpg

• Like 14
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, charliepetty said:

We have decided to produce the following units, these are based on the second series, these are different Hornby model so 'IF' the decide in the current trend to beat us to it!  then the model offered by Realtrack is different:

142060 (Now Preserved) Northern Rail

142062 Northern Rail

142091 (Now Preserved) Northern Rail

142061 Provincial (NH Pendle Witch Logo's)

142083 Provincial

142088 Provincial

More details will follow as and when.

Charlie 

142084_Serco-Abellio.jpg

142083 Provincial.jpg

Hi Charlie, 

Thank you for posting. This is brilliant news. 

Just a quick query. The three Northern Rail 142s that you intend to produce (60, 62 & 91), will they all be produced as per your image that I have quoted in this post, with Northern Rail logos and branding? 

Thank you very much in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Hi Charlie, 

Thank you for posting. This is brilliant news. 

Just a quick query. The three Northern Rail 142s that you intend to produce (60, 62 & 91), will they all be produced as per your image that I have quoted in this post, with Northern Rail logos and branding? 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

Probably we will have:

1 X Northern

1 X Northern Serco Abellio

1 X Unbranded

No final decisions yet, so everyone have your say !!!!!!!!!!!

Charlie

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Garry D100 said:

However would just like to request the GMPTE brown/orange if possible.

Did the 142s run in GMPTE orange with the newer doors?

I honestly don't know, but I doubt Charlie would knowingly allow an inaccurate body/livery combination to be produced.

Hi Charlie,

Great news to see the first 142’s announced. You know I want one Provincial one with the Network Northwest logos. I will hope for an orange GMPTE to go with that in the future. 

I will have a pair of Northern ones probably go with the two branded versions ideally have one on the long distance Carlisle- Lancaster working. 

Thanks

Mark

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, MRDBLUE17 said:

Hi Charlie,

Great news to see the first 142’s announced. You know I want one Provincial one with the Network Northwest logos. I will hope for an orange GMPTE to go with that in the future. 

I will have a pair of Northern ones probably go with the two branded versions ideally have one on the long distance Carlisle- Lancaster working. 

Thanks

Mark

Network North West logo - good call.

• Like 1

This is great news Charlie and whilst I would certainly be up for at least one Provincial example it is disappointing (though understandable given current circumstances) that the original GMT and Brown/Cream ‘Skipper’ liveries aren’t being produced as originally planned. I might however be tempted by another Provincial example particularly if it has Network North West logos as suggested by Mark. Jim

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Great to hear the project is advancing, although as I'm after a FNW Example I know I'll have a bit more of a wait. But I'm certainly looking forward to seeing the 142 bought up to 21st contrary standards at last! 

• Like 1

Nice to see news of the 142s being developed. Hopefully they can be progressed with.

This brings us back to seat-gate as 142091 has the Northern Spirit 'posh' seats. Are they going to be done in the model. I can understand if not - but the 144s have given us a model with great detail.

As for provincial is there to be one done with yellow doors as per a one later in life - or again as they all the same with 4 leaf so things can be kept simple and made.

Wonderful news :yahoo_mini:

I'm in for one or two of the provincial units regardless of Hornby finding the original tooling and gatecrashing this.

Also would be in for a Orange GMPTE also if this happens in the future.

Charlie. Would you give any consideration to having the 142 with lit marker lights rather than printed on. It was my only gripe about the wonderful 156. I would have paid a bit more to cover the cost to give lit markers. Next to the Hornby 153, or Bachmann 150, the Realtrack 156 wipacs look odd, and for me is a real shame.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, 66738 said:

Charlie. Would you give any consideration to having the 142 with lit marker lights rather than printed on. It was my only gripe about the wonderful 156. I would have paid a bit more to cover the cost to give lit markers. Next to the Hornby 153, or Bachmann 150, the Realtrack 156 wipacs look odd, and for me is a real shame.

The original plan was to do all 4 Northern Liveries (Including the White Livery) then the tooling was to change to the earlier version you refer to.  But we were stopped by another manufacturer who makes a 156!

Thus we needed another big seller to bring the project into profit so we had to do the Provincial to achieve the funding for a 142 & 144.  Saying that we have sold nearly 3000 156s in total and we will be doing the modified lights now we are in a position to do the Northern Liveries, due to the company going out of buisness.

The 142 Only ever had the earlier lights.

142020_Skipper_Livery.jpg

Edited by charliepetty
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, charliepetty said:

Probably we will have:

1 X Northern

1 X Northern Serco Abellio

1 X Unbranded

No final decisions yet, so everyone have your say !!!!!!!!!!!

Charlie

Thanks for the reply Charlie. 

When you say 'Northern' livery which livery do you mean? I know that the 'Northern Serco Abellio' livery is the 2015/2016 livery before the 142s were bebranded and obviously the 'debranded' livery is 2016 to 2020 livery. 

If you let me know what the 'Northern' livery is I will let you know my thoughts. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny.