Class 142

charliepetty

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, charliepetty said:

So you noticed, one sock is shorter than the other!    Charlie

That look cuts a dash on Filey seafront.. ;)

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
On 09/03/2020 at 11:26, charliepetty said:

Probably we will have:

1 X Northern

1 X Northern Serco Abellio

1 X Unbranded

No final decisions yet, so everyone have your say !!!!!!!!!!!

Charlie

Hi Charlie, 

I hope you are well?

Sorry for the delay in replying. 

Is their a difference between Northern and Northern Serco Abellio? I assumed that this was the same livery and my thinking is that it is the Northern purple colours with Northern branding on the bodysides. So basically the livery that the units wore in 2015 before they were debranded. 

If you let me know if their is a difference and then I will reply accordingly with what I personally would like to see produced. 

Thank you in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Agree 1

Hi Danny,

if memory serves the livery was the same but the branding changed, it didn't originally have the "a serco and Abellio joint venture" strapline. I can't remember now precisely when the change happened but think it may have been around 2010. I'm sure Charlie will be able to confirm though.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Hi Charlie, 

I hope you are well?

Sorry for the delay in replying. 

Is their a difference between Northern and Northern Serco Abellio? I assumed that this was the same livery and my thinking is that it is the Northern purple colours with Northern branding on the bodysides. So basically the livery that the units wore in 2015 before they were debranded. 

If you let me know if their is a difference and then I will reply accordingly with what I personally would like to see produced. 

Thank you in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

As per the listings, same livery but:

1/12/2004   Northern

1/05/2010   Northern Serco Abellio

1/12/2015   Unbranded

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Ragtag said:

Hi Danny,

if memory serves the livery was the same but the branding changed, it didn't originally have the "a serco and Abellio joint venture" strapline. I can't remember now precisely when the change happened but think it may have been around 2010. I'm sure Charlie will be able to confirm though.

Thank you very much for the reply and for letting me know. I thought that I had missed a livery. I have just searched on Flickr and the older Northern 2004 livery has lighter blue and purple colours and are therefore not as dark as the Serco Abellio livery as per the updated 2010 version/livery. 

1 hour ago, charliepetty said:

As per the listings, same livery but:

1/12/2004   Northern

1/05/2010   Northern Serco Abellio

1/12/2015   Unbranded

Hi Charlie, 

Thank you very much for the reply and the information. I have just searched on Flickr and the 2004 Northern livery has lighter blue and purple colours on the bodysides and thus now I have seen the differences. 

So with this in mind because I don't model 2004 or even near that period if you were opting for three Northern 142s I would prefer two in the 2010 Serco Abellio livery and one in the 2015 onwards unbranded Northern livery. 

But because other modellers and collectors may want a Northern 2004 liveried 142 if you opted to produce one 142 in each of the above three liveries this would satisfy everyone. 

For me personally as long as we see one in the Serco Abellio livery and another in the unbranded Northern livery I would be very happy. 

Once you have decided which out of 142060, 142062 and 142091 will wear which of the Northern liveries please can you post on here and let us know. Also have you got any idea when they will then be available to pre-order via your website? 

When pre-ordering do we leave a deposit for each model and if so how much is this please? Is the remainder of the money then to be paid at the time of shipping to customers?

Thank you very much in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

2 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Thank you very much for the reply and for letting me know. I thought that I had missed a livery. I have just searched on Flickr and the older Northern 2004 livery has lighter blue and purple colours and are therefore not as dark as the Serco Abellio livery as per the updated 2010 version/livery.

I'm fairly certain no 142 carried any of the early iterations of Northern livery with paler shades as seen on 155s and 156s. Don't think there's any difference in colour between 2004 and 2010 pacers, just the branding as above.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Ragtag said:

I'm fairly certain no 142 carried any of the early iterations of Northern livery with paler shades as seen on 155s and 156s. Don't think there's any difference in colour between 2004 and 2010 pacers, just the branding as above.

Sorry your right. My above comment was inaccurate for this thread but was correct for the Realtrack 156 thread that I have been commenting on at the same time. Yes the 156s carried the lighter and paler colours around 2004 but I can't find any of the same livery carried by any 142s on Flickr. So as you say it was probably just a difference in branding and not livery on the 142s. 

I would still have some 142s in the Serco Abellio 2010 onwards livery and some debranded from 2015 onwards. 

Thank you. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Hi Charlie, 

Thank you very much for the reply and the information. I have just searched on Flickr and the 2004 Northern livery has lighter blue and purple colours on the bodysides and thus now I have seen the differences. 

So with this in mind because I don't model 2004 or even near that period if you were opting for three Northern 142s I would prefer two in the 2010 Serco Abellio livery and one in the 2015 onwards unbranded Northern livery. 

But because other modellers and collectors may want a Northern 2004 liveried 142 if you opted to produce one 142 in each of the above three liveries this would satisfy everyone. 

For me personally as long as we see one in the Serco Abellio livery and another in the unbranded Northern livery I would be very happy. 

Once you have decided which out of 142060, 142062 and 142091 will wear which of the Northern liveries please can you post on here and let us know. Also have you got any idea when they will then be available to pre-order via your website? 

When pre-ordering do we leave a deposit for each model and if so how much is this please? Is the remainder of the money then to be paid at the time of shipping to customers?

Thank you very much in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

The Northern colours on 142 Units were always the same.

To early re deliveries yet.

Charlie

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
29 minutes ago, charliepetty said:

The Northern colours on 142 Units were always the same.

To early re deliveries yet.

Charlie

Hi Charlie, 

Thanks for that. I was getting confused between the 142s and 156s. The latter wore the original lighter and paler colours and as you say the 142s didn't. 

Thank you, I will keep following this thread with interest regarding availability and delivery dates etc. 

With this in mind personally I would like to buy the Serco Abellio livery (2010 onwards) and the unbranded livery (2015 onwards). 

Thank you. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

Guest Half-full
7 minutes ago, Latic said:

That's a Hornby 142 GMP livery that was untested with one smashed front end sold on Ebay for £45+ tonight.  IMO bonkers but the demand is there.

I have a couple of those, plus a choc/cream one that Im tempted to see, but seeing as I also have branchlines remotoring kits for them I think I'll keep them

Very tempting though!

Excellent news that we'll finally have a good quality 142 on the market and in Northern liveries too! Very much looking forward to purchasing one and a Northern 156 when they're available from yourselves. 

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, newbryford said:

Will they have working doors?

142013.jpg.451f41ff31eb8459c6488d74a8755fb9.jpg

If that’s what’s inside, it’ll need a big speaker to get the required volume !! :P

cheers,

Phil.

• Funny 9

29 minutes ago, Phil Mc said:

If that’s what’s inside, it’ll need a big speaker to get the required volume !! :P

cheers,

Phil.

Hi Phil,

Just don't use a PC to program the chip, it might take offence.

A poor pun but the best I can manage.

Gibbo.

• Funny 2