Class 142

charliepetty

Serious question - will the early version feature the sound of the original Leyland engine, rather than the Cummins?

You find us a Leyland Engine in a Railbus, and we will record it!     Charlie

Will the model be fitted with sprung wheelsets to enable it to prototypically bounce down the track?

No 'Oval Wheels'

• Like 3

Will it have the added feature if an engine falling off?

Cheers,

Mick

Or a Cardon Shaft flying away!

(Just please don't model a realistic ATW version - I haven't picked up any fire engine models yet to have in case!)

A friend of mine owns RB004, one of the single car 141-style units. It's currently at Whitrope (Waverley Route Heritage Centre), so let me know when you need a recording and I'll sort it out :)

Yes but we need nice weather, no wind so during the summer on our return from the Perth Show on the Monday, does that sound OK.   PPS How long is the track now?    Charlie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

What engine is still in the Class 140? Would it be possible to get any useful sounds from it?

Class 141003  at Weardale and 141008 at Colne Valley are both Leyland TL11H / SCG gearboxes, as originally found on Class 142/143/144.

• RMweb Gold

Or a Cardon Shaft flying away!

(Just please don't model a realistic ATW version - I haven't picked up any fire engine models yet to have in case!)

Errr, I am very much in the market for an ATW one to go with my 143, 67, 153 etc.

The only contemporary Oxford Diecast Welsh fire appliance is an aerial unit which is a bit OTT for a toasty 142? I guess maybe the others were on other jobs when the 142 went up?

76SAL004_c6a46079-3f45-4ae7-89b6-41af754

• 2 months later...

Work progresses on the 142, the chassis is being redesigned learning lessons from our 143 & 144 Models, thoughts are to feature the innovative features we have installed into our Class 156. Including on DCC, Directional Marker & Tail Lights, Twin Red Parking Lights at both ends, Day Time & Night time Running, Switchable on/off Front & Rear lights for multiple operation, Switchable on/off illuminated Destination Blind, Cab Light with switchable on/off or 'autofade' feature, switchable on/off interior lights & working door open lights.

We are trying do design a digital 'Auto Bounce' feature and a lockable guards door so he has an excuse to not collect any fares!!

Charlie

Liveries Planned as before are:

Skipper Livery (Plymouth Based Unit)

Provincial (Original Livery)

Northern Serco-Abellio livery. 

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Work progresses on the 142, the chassis is being redesigned learning lessons from our 143 & 144 Models, thoughts are to feature the innovative features we have installed into our Class 156. Including on DCC, Directional Marker & Tail Lights, Twin Red Parking Lights at both ends, Day Time & Night time Running, Switchable on/off Front & Rear lights for multiple operation, Switchable on/off illuminated Destination Blind, Cab Light with switchable on/off or 'autofade' feature, switchable on/off interior lights & working door open lights.

We are trying do design a digital 'Auto Bounce' feature and a lockable guards door so he has an excuse to not collect any fares!!

Charlie

Liveries Planned as before are:

Skipper Livery (Plymouth Based Unit)

Provincial (Original Livery)

Northern Serco-Abellio livery. 

Fantastic to hear that work is progressing on the 142.

When is the expected release date for the above models?

Am I right in thinking that their will be two different running numbers produced of the 142 in Northern Rail livery?

Do you know what these numbers will be and what the destination boards will say?

Will more (other numbered) Northern Rail liveried 142s be produced in further batches?

Thank you very much in advance.

Fantastic to hear that work is progressing on the 142.

When is the expected release date for the above models?

Am I right in thinking that their will be two different running numbers produced of the 142 in Northern Rail livery?

Do you know what these numbers will be and what the destination boards will say?

Will more (other numbered) Northern Rail liveried 142s be produced in further batches?

Thank you very much in advance.

The two Northern will have Destination Decals with various destinations for you to select.    Charlie

This is really looking impressive. Yet again its showing what can be done with a good project and excellent costings. Bachmann, Hornby and others should take note as it makes their offerings fall far short by comparrison.

With the Northern 142s are you using the same seat style for them as the two other Provincial and Skipper livery units? Or are you likely to be putting in seating thats 2+2 and more recent?

This is really looking impressive. Yet again its showing what can be done with a good project and excellent costings. Bachmann, Hornby and others should take note as it makes their offerings fall far short by comparrison.

With the Northern 142s are you using the same seat style for them as the two other Provincial and Skipper livery units? Or are you likely to be putting in seating thats 2+2 and more recent?

2 + 3 Seating will be fitted as this is 90% of the fleet excluding the Heaton Based ones.

Charlie

• Like 1