Class 142

charliepetty

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold

I didnt think I had ever taken a picture of any 142's with the witch (though I new i had seen a few).. but here's 142005 with one on the front..

and 142029 with one on the front and on the side (but the side one this time is white).

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

An ebay search shows that this comes up pretty regular:

post-22167-0-94966100-1537048289_thumb.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Newton-Heath-Witch-Sticker-Weatherproof-Vinyl-/113052639141

rhpcollectables
richard platts
Smithy Cottage
East Leigh
Crediton
Devon
EX17 6BQ
United Kingdom
Edited by Scottish-Exile

Hi Charlie,

Why not great attention to detail as usual. These 142’s are going to cost me lol. I want a blue and orange one to run as a pair as I remember being on those out of Barrow and wondering where a proper 31 and coaches had gone! The Brown and cream skipper was an awful livery but again having travelled on a very packed one from Lancaster i want to add one to further the variety of the period.

Thanks

Mark

Yes please. Does anyone know what year they started being applied?

Manchester PTE Orange in 1994

Manchester PTE Orange in 1993

Manchester PTE Orange in 1992

Provincial/Network North West Branding 1992

Provincial  1992

Skipper Livery 1991

All with Old 4 Leaf Doors.

Charlie

STILL LOOKING FOR MORE INFO  ''''PLEASE''''

Noticed this morning that 142019 (DMSL) now has a 4"x 4" patch of original Chocolate on show where a sign has sat for many years, (checked many photos and it's always been there since it's first repaint) and they have just painted around it. Located in the middle of Local door control flap and Bowden cable flap.

• RMweb Gold

Noticed this morning that 142019 (DMSL) now has a 4"x 4" patch of original Chocolate on show where a sign has sat for many years, (checked many photos and it's always been there since it's first repaint) and they have just painted around it. Located in the middle of Local door control flap and Bowden cable flap.

Is the brown different from the GMPTE Brown ?

Is the brown different from the GMPTE Brown ?

Maybe a little darker than GMPTE brown. It's hard to tell. I'd have a peek in the door control panels of 001-007 009-014 as I definitely know the 144's have remnants of red/cream in them, but think these were redesigned on the 142 when the 4 leaf doors were repaced with the two leaf of today. Don't think they had the bottom air release/Bowden cable panel when 4 leaf, and that's where the brown would be on the GMPTE.

Surpised I found some original outer skin steel on 019, as they have had a lot replaced over their lives, most recently at Holbeck.

• RMweb Gold

Actually, the brown could be very similar to Skipper brown if the same was used on the Units as that sign.

I’d be surprised why they would use a different brown, GMPTE was a local authority livery (used on buses also), Skipper livery was an invention unique to these units, I don’t see why they would use a different shade, it’s not a livery used elsewhere on the network, money being tight and all.

Edited by adb968008

An update from the latest Rapido Newsletter:

attachicon.gifClass 142.JPG

The 142 CADs when finished will include:

Original 142001 - 142050 Multi Ribbed Roof + 4 Leaf 'Bus Doors'

Later 142051 - 142096 Three Ribbed Roof + Later 2 Leaf 'Rail Doors'

MerseyRail Dot Matrix Blinds

Plus many Subtle variations.

More will be revealed.   Charlie

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Will any sound  project for this include the sounds of wheel flats. sloshing of toilet water and the sound of the guard saying " excuse me, can I squeeze through"

Edited by 25901