• 2 weeks later...

Has this been noticed before ? The Burneside Ruston is now on the Mid Suffolk and is another reason to visit this delightful little line. https://www.facebook.com/groups/163976490369879/permalink/1307285422705641/?comment_id=1307298999370950&reply_comment_id=1307805302653653&notif_id=1517134192270394&notif_t=group_comment_reply&ref=notif

Went from Cropper's to Carnforth where it was named Flying Flea. Then transferred to Fawley Hill. Was barn stored for many years when I saw it there but great news that it is running again.

Shame that Rachel - the Simplex - isn't a runner. Can't be many industrial systems that had two locos where they have both survived into preservation.

Went from Cropper's to Carnforth where it was named Flying Flea. Then transferred to Fawley Hill. Was barn stored for many years when I saw it there but great news that it is running again.

Shame that Rachel - the Simplex - isn't a runner. Can't be many industrial systems that had two locos where they have both survived into preservation.

Do you have any photos of her in this time ? The Mid Suffolk are eager for anyone with photos later than the Burneside ones already shown on here to get in touch. Her arrival is finally going to push me on the 3 hour drive to visit this delightful looking small railway at one of the galas this year.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks toffee - glad that she now has a home where she willl be useful!

Really must make an effort and go to the Middy for a visit one day myself to see her.

Not seen any photos of her time at Carnforth, or at Fawley Hill. Hopefully someone has some, as I'd also like to see some photos.

Do you have any photos of her in this time ? The Mid Suffolk are eager for anyone with photos later than the Burneside ones already shown on here to get in touch. Her arrival is finally going to push me on the 3 hour drive to visit this delightful looking small railway at one of the galas this year.

Definitely worth a visit!

Stu

• Agree 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 05/08/2020 at 21:25, bradheleni@hotmail.co.uk said:

Would be really interested to see this model. My grandad used to work the line and drive the train all those years ago. If you need any other information with regards old photos or information I maybe able to help.

Thanks.

Unfortunately no progress on this and unlikely to be any at all in the near future.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• 8 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, MarcD said:

Niel, 

You wouldn't mind me pinching this idea for a project I have on the go at the moment?

I can't say to mutch at the moment. 

Marc

Marc, not at all, that's fine with me. This is now a very long way down my list so I'm not likely to do anything with it for some time. 

Shall look forward to seeing your project when you can say more about it. 

• Friendly/supportive 2