January 2017 DVD

chrisf

I wonder if anyone else's copy does what mine does.  I put it in the DVD player - as you do - and press play.  Normally it starts at the beginning.  This time it misses out the layout and goes straight to Howard's feature on magnetic couplings.  Only after pressing every button on the remote did I get the layout feature to play.  This could get irritating after a while.  So, by the way, could the tendency of the glue which attaches the DVD to the magazine to take with it part of the cover, leaving an irregularly shaped bald patch.

Chris 

Yes, there's something wrong with the DVD structure this month.  None of the usual intro and menu, just into a badly formed menu which is out of proportion to a TV screen; bits fall off the edges and it defaults to the "Tried and Tested" segment.

I had to use the cursor keys to highlight "play" to get the intro sequence.

• Moderators

Nothing wrong with the disc structure, but on speaking to the video team, the menu defaults to 'Tried and Tested' - a mistake. Using the arrow keys on your controller, just move down to 'Play', then press 'OK'. Next month's DVD isn't affected by this problem I'm told.

'Hroth' - would you mind sending a picture of what you're seeing please as the crop on the screen could be a separate problem?

Howard

Howard

I'm going to try the disk in a couple of other replay devices, the TV I viewed it on might be helping to screw things up - its a Sony Bravia and I despise it!

If I get the same issues, I'll send a picture.

Archived