Crossovers using short tight turnouts in Templot ?

Tonight when I get back to my PC, I want to try and draw a simple crossover using some small industrial type turnouts of about 1 in 4 using short hinded blades. I am thinking of a track spacing of 105 centres.

Is there a setting which defines this track spacing somewhere when making a simple crossover from the menu ? ( I cant get to my pc yet so cant check myself and am hoping to get cracking as soon as I can get on the pc so I am asking now )

Alsomassuming I do manage to draw this ok will it be practical to use - will it create a problem with buffer locking do we think ?

I will be using small 0-6-0 locos and 4 wheel wagons and vans

PS I will be building this is 7mm scale to 0-MF+ standards

• RMweb Gold

Hi Rob,

post-1103-0-44215000-1480940664.png

1. make sure you have set a regular or generic type of V-crossing. If not showing R or G , click here until it does.

2. click the tools menu.

3. click adjacent track centres...

Set the turnout-side (TS) spacing to 105mm or whatever you want. You can set the main-side (MS) spacing the same or leave it unchanged.

4. click make ordinary crossover.

post-1103-0-50159400-1480941872.png

regards,

Martin.

Thanks Martin

Of course that worked perfectly 

I am starting to get started now - I have my crossing and another turnout TR013 That I have shunted to the left towards TL08 to make that section as compact as I can - I have removed some timbers using the Timber Shove section.

I have added a reverse curve

Currently stumped with adding sections of straight track to the ends of TL016 and PR011 at the moment

I can change the entry road length easily enough but cant yet work out how to change the exit road length using the mouse 

post-20732-0-46775700-1480968610_thumb.jpg

Tonight when I get back to my PC, I want to try and draw a simple crossover using some small industrial type turnouts of about 1 in 4 using short hinded blades. I am thinking of a track spacing of 105 centres.

Alsomassuming I do manage to draw this ok will it be practical to use - will it create a problem with buffer locking do we think ?

I will be using small 0-6-0 locos and 4 wheel wagons and vans

See here to check your buffer locking http://www.norgrove.me.uk/GWRtracknotes/R1774A.pdf

Regards

Hi Martin

Yes of course you are correct - it was the approach road I needed to change ( F3 )

I am getting ever closer - my next issue is that I can't work out how to add the control template ( in white ) to the group - so when I try and move ( shift ) the whole plan using F7 the control template doesn't move. What am I doing wrong ?

post-20732-0-57145400-1480979893_thumb.jpg

Thanks SS - I think I am now half way to the solution but I am STILL doing something wrong

I can now group my entire plan but for the life of me I cant work out how to move the whole lot using the F7 shift - I can only move the control template - not the whole group ( in red ) 

I am feeling quite thick now :-(

post-20732-0-99907500-1481019427_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Hi Rob,

Using F7 to move the control template you can make it snap onto other templates, in a similar way to other track planning programs. Sometimes that's a damn nuisance, and can be prevented by holding down the Shift key.

But it's not a good way to create a track plan in Templot. The result will be disjointed and lack flowing curves through the pointwork.

The intended method is to extend templates, split them, insert turnouts in them.

Here is an old video showing that:

http://www.templot.com/martweb/videos/flash/starter/em_starter.html

Notice that there is nowhere where the control template is moved into position using F7, except at the very start.

regards,

Martin.

Archived