'LINEAS CUBANAS' - Cuban Lines

Lineas Cubanas

• 2 months later...

In the words of Bruce been "working on the highway sorry ......railroad" 

Mainly on buildings, things are a long way from finished but getting there. One thing I have realised from these photos is that I need more light on the layout.....not 100% sure how I am going to do that...

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

Edited by Lineas Cubanas
  • Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4

Further to my lighting dilemma A, B or C ?

A - Combination of Cool Light LEDs with Warm Light Bulbs

IMG_0121.jpg.54b3598b8bb11a112a9f41376b5cdb24.jpg

B - Combination of Cool Light LEDs with Cool Light Bulbs

IMG_0122.jpg.201730ae5b88e7c0b8a86f0a1701f48e.jpg

C - There's no real difference here, Matt and you are overthinking it. Just get on with finishing the layout

Edited by Lineas Cubanas
  • Like 8

• RMweb Gold

A looks more like sunset with a hint of warmer colour, especially on the ground, while B more like daytime. It’s very close though as you say!

The grey building in the middle has a lot of shadow compared to the others nearer the front though. Can you get more into that with either another LED strip above it or use foil to bounce more light down the front?

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

15 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

The grey building in the middle has a lot of shadow compared to the others nearer the front though. Can you get more into that with either another LED strip above it or use foil to bounce more light down the front?

Hey Paul

Thanks for this. I hadn't really noticed the shadow on the grey building and was trying to distribute the light evenly across the layout but it looks like I should position the bulbs more strategically for the buildings on the left of the layout.

The right side of the layout is more open and countryside so don't seem to have any shadow problems there at the moment.

Thanks again for the feedback

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

The buildings are fantastic but it’s easy to see what you’re looking for so easy to miss until later ;) 

Keep Up the good work as it’s all looking great :) 

Thanks Paul.  I appreciate the encouragement

Hoping to get the first third of the layout, everything from the left upto the grey building (station) finished by the end of the year. And then the second third (Station and Yard Area) by March and the final third (River, Countryside  and Apartment Blocks) done by June.

Hopefully in time for Larkrail if indeed it goes ahead

• Like 1

I sometimes find that my eyes and camera (usually on a smartphone) often don't agree, and what I saw as green roof on a blue diesel under orange lighting actually looked better one photographed. So the side of the building might not have been in as much of a shadow as it appears on the screen. Unfortunately now it's been pointed out I can't not see it....

What date is the Larkrail show in 2020? I'll have to put it on the calendar - it's straight down the A46 for me...

Edited by 298
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

Ah I hope it does as I thought it might have been the end of Larkrail. One of my favourite shows :) 

22 hours ago, 298 said:

What date is the Larkrail show in 2020? I'll have to put it on the calendar - it's straight down the A46 for me...

I take it you will both be available to sort my lack of operators problem?

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Lineas Cubanas said:

I take it you will both be available to sort my lack of operators problem?

If work allows me to get there it would be a delight to ‘have to see it’ up close. ;)

I’d still pay at the door to support it too!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Apologies for dropping into Lineas's terrific thread, but I have happy news.

Larkrail is indeed "back" next year, the new date is:

Saturday July 11th 2020 New Oriel Hall, Larkhall, Bath.

I am now organising it together with my good friend Jerry Clifford and we intend that it will once again be an annual fixture on the exhibition circuit. 

Proceeds again going to charity, two this time, "my" charity is Julian House here in Bath, Jerry will be picking another one to be the other "beneficiary".

Main objective is to have fun and celebrate creativity, friendship and the World's greatest hobby!

Full details to be announced but Lineas Cubanas is defo headlining the show if still willing and able.

Hasta pronto!

Simon (and Jerry)

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Not Jeremy said:

I am now organising it together with my good friend Jerry Clifford and we intend that it will once again be an annual fixture on the exhibition circuit. 

Proceeds again going to charity, two this time, "my" charity is Julian House here in Bath, Jerry will be picking another one to be the other "beneficiary".

Main objective is to have fun and celebrate creativity, friendship and the World's greatest hobby!

Full details to be announced but Lineas Cubanas is defo headlining the show if still willing and able.

Hasta pronto!

Simon (and Jerry)

Splendid. Larkrail is indeed returning in 2020 under the guidance of Simon and myself - it turns out there are men of sufficient faith in Bath  - what could possibly go wrong!

Rumours of a full Cuban band playing on the steps of the New Oriel Hall are unfounded (unless someone knows of a Cuban band that will play for cake) but there will be lots of wonderful things  to see, people to meet and all manner of jolly japes.

Serious planning starts over a glass or three of vino this Sunday evening at a secret location in Somerset.

Buena Vista

Jerry 

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 1 month later...
On 14/12/2019 at 12:55, Not Jeremy said:

Hasta pronto!

Simon (and Jerry)

On 14/12/2019 at 18:14, queensquare said:

Splendid. Larkrail is indeed returning in 2020 under the guidance of Simon and myself - it turns out there are men of sufficient faith in Bath  - what could possibly go wrong!

Rumours of a full Cuban band playing on the steps of the New Oriel Hall are unfounded (unless someone knows of a Cuban band that will play for cake) but there will be lots of wonderful things  to see, people to meet and all manner of jolly japes.

Serious planning starts over a glass or three of vino this Sunday evening at a secret location in Somerset.

Buena Vista

Jerry 

Apologies for my tardiness in replying.

Just met up with Simon and Jerry to discuss my contract and appearance fee for Larkrail 2020.

The good news is we came to an agreement so Lineas Cubanas will be indeed be attending

Obviously,  the exact details of the contract and fee are confidential but it basically involves Jerry agreeing to cut the tracks at the baseboard join for me so we can dismantle the layout and get it out of the house.

See you all then

• Like 4
  • Funny 1

• 1 month later...