Hornby sound black 5 functions

great central

Having obtained an original Hornby sound black 5 (R2895XS) at a very good price, although it came boxed there is no paperwork with it.

Can the collective wisdom of the forum come up with a list of functions please?

I've tried it on a short test track and it seems rather basic compared to the more sophisticated sounds we now have.

I don't have a DCC controller but can borrow one for testing purposes. Thanks in advance

Having obtained an original Hornby sound black 5 (R2895XS) at a very good price, although it came boxed there is no paperwork with it.

Can the collective wisdom of the forum come up with a list of functions please?

I've tried it on a short test track and it seems rather basic compared to the more sophisticated sounds we now have.

I don't have a DCC controller but can borrow one for testing purposes. Thanks in advance

Hi GC

I've a R2995XS - 45010 Black 5 (Weathered) which should be similar, it's fitted with a Loksound V4.0 decoder.

F Keys are as follows:

F1 Sound On/Off

F2 Whistle (Long)

F3 Coupling

F4 Injector

F5 Coal Shoveling

F6 Acc/Brake Shunt mode

F7 Blow Out

F8 Whistle (Short)

F9 Valve

F10 Sand

F11 Wheel Flange/Creak

F12 Rail Clank

HTH

Ken

Phil: Go to the Hornby website and simply download a copy of the TTS Sound leaflet for your loco.

Not all the TTS sound locos use the same CVs for the same settings such as volume !!

DCC controllers are needed for Hornby TTS sound functions - regretably a 9V battery will not operate them as a test

(although the motor will run, and directional lights will operate, where applicable.

Archived