To the Continent ...

Neil

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, simonmcp said:

Apologies for the lateness of the enquiry but could you please let me know what make the blue industrial diesel is? I thought only Marklin made them.

Hello Simon, it's a Trix model. It drives only on one axle but it's heavy and runs beautifully. It's the favourite loco of my operating team. I bought mine from this German model shop on e-bay. I've had a couple of models from them, service has always been first rate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Neil said:

Hello Simon, it's a Trix model. It drives only on one axle but it's heavy and runs beautifully. It's the favourite loco of my operating team. I bought mine from this German model shop on e-bay. I've had a couple of models from them, service has always been first rate.

Thanks Neil, I will look into that I may have to treat myself to one.

I saw a prototype picture of one in Switzerland on rail.pictures - there are thousands of foreign railway pictures on there, a long time can be had looking at that site.

Simon

• RMweb Gold

Hi Neil. 

I do like the little Moyse.  They are full of character and very tempting. One of these and a few wagons is all it will take for a little layout to take shape. 

Rob. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Jack Benson

Hobby Trade offer a DHG 500 for a wee bit more, around €225, I own the Trix version.

F1141132-57F3-4750-9294-A1676D7ACA23.jpeg.43096923a8a3063f0f26f363f2c5ff36.jpeg

A3F6D580-A801-4A94-8505-370EED0D1429.jpeg.81de853f8dd4ef2080a2f856adf0f26d.jpeg

Guest Jack Benson

Ever the swot, the Henschel DHG 500 needs an explanation:-

D Diesel motor

H Hydaulic

G Gelenkwellenantrieb not rod driven

500 Horse power

There are, naturally, variants - the Dhg500C  is a ‘flame proof’ locomotive for refinery etc. work. Sixty two of these specials were built.

77A6F42D-ABA5-475C-8037-FC823DAC553D.jpeg.7bd930c22c1803b79b4e2bd9c4dea3b8.jpeg

For more info try German Diesel Shunters

Cheers and Stay Safe

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium

It's been some time since I posted anything of a continental nature here. I have two excuses, busy with my UK layout Northern Town and still to work out if I'm going to alter Vischkaai to better fit the playroom or start again. I still haven't made my mind up but I'm not long back from an excellent holiday in Rotterdam where I saw this lovely crane ....

IMG_4682.JPG.6e39ef24fa9c88b576d4c9848ecace27.JPG

.... and thought that there was a passing resemblance to the Airfix/Dapol dockside crane. A bit of internet shopping and a few hours work with the kit and some Ratio GWR signal box windows and I've reached this stage.

crane01.jpg.d1d197e25d65b4e8d93d63fbfa8183c1.jpg

crane02.jpg.9eb55bce18e0cb3686ad84de2147e4bc.jpg

• Like 13
  • Round of applause 3

• RMweb Premium

Ah the crane bit. At the moment it looks like it may be as Airfix intended, but the jib (boom?) has required quite a bit of filler so it will depend on a decent finish. I would love to be able to replicate the Dutch example above but I fear that the spindly construction would defeat me and be terribly fragile. I do hope to get the cabin to sit lower on the legs but I would like to be able to retain the ability to rotate.

• Like 3