J & M Hughes

mike hughes

Hello All

Thought it was about time I put myself here.

We produce Ready to Run O gauge coaches, multiple units and wagons along with Loco kits, coaches, multiple units and wagons along with some accessories.

We started out by making the coaches in plasticard quite a few years back but now they're from etched brass as had a fair few orders of certain things (drawn by me).

The wagons have mainly got a resin body to them.

More items are in the pipeline.

Recent items are (can either be RTR or kit)

Maunsell Restaurant car

Maunsell Restaurant dining car

BR MK1 Miniature buffet

BR MK1 Brake corridor composite

BR MK1 corridor or open second

Class 114 DMU

Class 128 DMU

SR design 2-EPB

SR design 2-HAP

Regards

Michael

J & M Hughes

J & M HUGHES MODELS RTR, KITS.pdf

Edited by mike hughes
  • Like 2

Bob

Many thanks

The Wickham trolley body is whitemetal and haven't a clue what the prototype is. It's one of the range of kits I acquired from Model Express. There are no wheels and not sure on the best way to motorise it would be (I'm aware that there should be another seat end, need to modify mould a bit)

Hope that helps

Regards

Michael post-1675-0-90088600-1482172247_thumb.jpeg

• RMweb Gold

Hello Mike,

I shall be in touch after Christmas about your RTR 7mm JUA iron ore hoppers, initially for one, but with the aim of putting a 14 or 15 vehicle set together. Do you have any pictures, can't see any of that type on your Flickr page? Can I ask what you expect delivery to be? Not that I'm in any rush!

Cheers

Rich

Hello Mike,

I shall be in touch after Christmas about your RTR 7mm JUA iron ore hoppers, initially for one, but with the aim of putting a 14 or 15 vehicle set together. Do you have any pictures, can't see any of that type on your Flickr page? Can I ask what you expect delivery to be? Not that I'm in any rush!

Cheers

Rich

Hello Rich,

I shall find one a take a few pics and upload them. At a guess for delivery a little while yet as busy as ever. The main thing that would need to find is the Transfers.

Regards

Michael

• RMweb Gold

Hello Rich,

I shall find one a take a few pics and upload them. At a guess for delivery a little while yet as busy as ever. The main thing that would need to find is the Transfers.

Regards

Michael

Hi Michael,

Thanks.  Transfers shouldn't cause a major issue as there's only the numbers/data panel, and the yellow PO plate I think, but I'll have a chat with Steve at Railtec, given time I'm sure he'll be willing!

Happy Christmas

Rich

Hi Michael,

Thanks.  Transfers shouldn't cause a major issue as there's only the numbers/data panel, and the yellow PO plate I think, but I'll have a chat with Steve at Railtec, given time I'm sure he'll be willing!

Happy Christmas

Rich

Reasonably simple livery then it sounds like, bare with for the pic as got a few problems involving home life at the moment

Regards

Michael

• RMweb Gold

Reasonably simple livery then it sounds like, bare with for the pic as got a few problems involving home life at the moment

Regards

Michael

Hi Mike,

Sorry to hear that - no problem, I'm in no rush .... if its easier, drop me a PM as and when.

Rich

Hi Mike,

Sorry to hear that - no problem, I'm in no rush .... if its easier, drop me a PM as and when.

Rich

Thanks for being understanding, I've a few things I've been requested to take pics of, so I'll do it all at the same time.

Regards

Michael

Mike can you please ID this wagon kit bought from Express Models a few years ago.

Ian G

Ian

The body is of a single bolster. The body can do all 3 versions of BR type (diagram 1/400 is 8' wb unfitted, diagram 1/402 is 10' unfitted and diagram 1/405 is 8 shoe vacuum fitted) and I'm pretty certain the steel bodied LNER type. We use the parkside bolster. We've got NMRS models to do the square duplex buffers for diagram 1/402

Hope that helps a bit

Regards

Michael

Michael

Hi Michael

Some good looking stock on your list and Flicker page,what is and isn't included in your DMU kits please.

Rob

Hi Rob

Thanks for liking the flickr pics. In the DMU kits its a folded up etched bodyshell with a Aluminium roof with resin ends. White metal bogies and wheels, along with seats, vents, underframe junk, exhaust pipes, glazing, T handles, sprung buffers are included. Whats not included is the motor, gears and the inner motor bogie frame.

Hope that helps

Regards

Michael

• 3 weeks later...

I've finally got back to doing some modelling (my dad can't do anything until he's out of hospital) Hopefully soon i'll be doing a mould for a rebodied 21t coal hopper body. I'll be using a parkside chassis for this. I'll post a photo of this soon.

Michael

• 3 weeks later...

My dads now out of hospital and just now a slow process of getting him back to health. Least he's back to doing a little bit. I've at least the coal hopper body in primer, have noticed a couple of small blemishes which just require a bit of cleaning up before I make the mould

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Michael, hope your dad's well. Any sign of the Derby Lightweight kit yet? I may be able to pop over to the club this Sunday, but is childcare dependant.

Steve

Hello Steve,

Unfortunately as possibly saw in the club email dads health has taken a step back.

Due to all this I've done very little modelling since we last spoke about this. I will email NRM and find out if they have drawings and at the bare minimum take a trip to the Eccelsbourne valley railway to take photos.

Hopefully see you tomorrow.

Regards

Michael

post-1675-0-29235900-1489874728_thumb.jpg

I have been working on masters for a new bogie for use under the LMS design Salmon (and some early BR ones). Should be sending this away very soon.

I've made a start on the Bogie for the ex Milk van Queen Mary as well.

Michael

• Like 1