J & M Hughes

mike hughes

Some photos from Telford. The new bits are the Cattle wagon (converted from a Slaters GW cattle van kit), Salmon with the LMS design bogies, 13t open but with the curb rail and floor planks showing (modified Slaters kit) and finally The Class 06 shunter so far.post-1675-0-08124500-1505767095_thumb.jpgpost-1675-0-75061400-1505767144_thumb.jpgpost-1675-0-80370000-1505767182_thumb.jpgpost-1675-0-21779800-1505767209_thumb.jpgpost-1675-0-80618900-1505767229_thumb.jpgpost-1675-0-38738900-1505767266_thumb.jpgpost-1675-0-61960900-1505767300_thumb.jpgpost-1675-0-46039600-1505767348_thumb.jpgpost-1675-0-53317900-1505767416_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A quick update:-

I've cast the other version cab for the 06.

I've been working on the master for the SR Queen Mary (ex milk van) bogie

I'm hoping to be able to do the rest of the above mentioned QM as a resin kit (sides, end, floor inc solebars etc)

Have discovered there's very few photos of these around!

And one last thing is at some point in the future hope to have a website as well

Michael

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

I've made all the masters for the Queen Mary bogie and shall be sending away soon. I'm slowly getting there with the masters for the rest of the QM, done the mould for the 2 sides (not identical), the end and half the floor and will do mould soon (designed for the 2 halves to fit together). The biggest bits to do is inside the veranda end and the sandbox. Photos to follow.

A while back made the 3 different sides (Planked, sides partially sheeted and fully sheeted) for the later style Queen Mary and done 2 of the 3 moulds.

• Like 1

Some good and bad news today. I've taken out the mould today the first half of the floor for the rebuilt Queen Mary is the good news and the bad news for me is dad was taken into hospital today. Hopefully just for a health MOT and try to make him feel better.

Michael

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It was my dads funeral yesterday, everyone thought it was a really good service which was really pleasing.

I'll have to get myself back into swing of things as booked in for trading at the Bristol O gauge show on the 28th January next year

Michael

Many thanks for all your support

I've been requested to post the content of one of my coach kits, so I've taken a few photos (still need to put in wheels for all of them)

First is for a Class 117 DMU (still need to add exhaust pipes and a few other bits like glazing)

Second is for a Maunsell restriction 4 composite, window overlays still to be packed

Lastly is for a MK1 second, seats, glazing are the obvious things I need to pack.

Lastly better say payment needs to be to me now (M P Hughes)

Michael

post-1675-0-55443600-1513017634_thumb.jpegpost-1675-0-77375600-1513017662_thumb.jpegpost-1675-0-00131200-1513017685_thumb.jpegpost-1675-0-17670900-1513017703_thumb.jpegpost-1675-0-55762400-1513017720_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks for all your support

I've been requested to post the content of one of my coach kits, so I've taken a few photos (still need to put in wheels for all of them)

First is for a Class 117 DMU (still need to add exhaust pipes and a few other bits like glazing)

Second is for a Maunsell restriction 4 composite, window overlays still to be packed

Lastly is for a MK1 second, seats, glazing are the obvious things I need to pack.

Lastly better say payment needs to be to me now (M P Hughes)

Michael

attachicon.gifimage.jpegattachicon.gifimage.jpegattachicon.gifimage.jpegattachicon.gifimage.jpegattachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Mike,

I remember building one of these Mk 1s some years ago for the fella at Model Express whose name i forget! The etches were very thin especially around the ventilators but when complete and soldered with some extra bracing looked ok. I think but could be wrong that the solebars were thin etched as well? I remember seeing a copy of Colin Massinghams O gauge list and he made a LOT of coach kits including all the Bulleid ones which i think were aluminium wrappers but some were brass as well. Did you see any of those??

Alan

Mike,

I remember building one of these Mk 1s some years ago for the fella at Model Express whose name i forget! The etches were very thin especially around the ventilators but when complete and soldered with some extra bracing looked ok. I think but could be wrong that the solebars were thin etched as well? I remember seeing a copy of Colin Massinghams O gauge list and he made a LOT of coach kits including all the Bulleid ones which i think were aluminium wrappers but some were brass as well. Did you see any of those??

Alan

Alan,

Model Express were Mike and Dave. The thickness I use for the coaches is 18th brass both for the body and underframe. The MTK coaches weren't brilliant as were hand drawn and have the film drawn sheets at home. You can guess they want all re drawing as they never had any hinges or holes for the handles etc. The door frames were about a scale 3". What I can remember was in the sheets were Locos, MK1 coaches, DMU's (inc Blue Pullman), Southern EMU's, a few other coaches. Don't remember any Bulleid stock. I haven't got a list of all what was produced but im aware its a lot.

Michael

Michael,

Thank you for the link. The site looks good with plenty of illustrations. Do you have any photos of your EMU parts please?

Regards

John

No photos taken at the mo but can take some at put on website. Do you mean the under frame bits? And thanks

Michael

• RMweb Premium

Good to see the website for this range of accessibly priced kits & RTR. You might want to add a news section for new kits and show dates where we can find you?

Dava