J & M Hughes

mike hughes

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve received back from the etchers the test etches for the Derby lightweight single car, the revised 2 cars for the Derby lightweight, revised MK 1 short suburban composite, revised class 06 chassis and MK 1 Pullman windows. A few pictures of the etches to follow.

Michael

• Like 2

Revised price list (reason for edit)

J & M HUGHES MODELS RTR, KITS.pdf

Photos of the etches

first one is the Derby L/W single car

post-1675-0-17961000-1534713434_thumb.jpg

showing the other side of it. Without looking up cant remember which car it is the window in the luggage area needs cutting out completely

post-1675-0-46570900-1534713438_thumb.jpg

MK1 Pullman windows, for all the 5 types

post-1675-0-43393800-1534713430_thumb.jpg

Michael

Edited by mike hughes
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Good to meet a few RMwebbers at Telford.

I've made the mold and done castings of the SR Queen Mary floor, so once I've made the brake gear (that's for the LBSCR rebuild as well), then I can't see why I can't launch them as kits. The roof will be vacuum formed plastic as made by Peter Cowling. The price for the kit will be £55(excluding wheels)

I've also been asked to produce a kit for a 4-LAV emu

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've finally remembered to order a card payment machine, fingers crossed it'll arrive in time for the Reading Show. New item from me is I've now done a LNER van body which hopefully if I can find some axleguards I can sell as a kit. It's a one piece resin body inc solebars, just roof, axleguards, brakegear, buffers type of thing to be fitted by the modeller.

Michael

• Like 1

I can now accept card payments (probably seem easier once I use it)

I can also add BR CCT/GUV resin ends to my list £5 (once Reading show over with will post pictures)

And also 3 different styles of LNER van. One plywood, one match board and one plywood fruit

Michael

• Like 1

Very nice Michael, you have good eye for detail!

Many thanks CME, I feel this is a vast improvement on the previous one I’d done. Now that I’ve done a base for it as well (floor solebars) I’ll have to think on doing the body!!

Thanks

Michael

• Friendly/supportive 1

I was doing some casting the other day and decided to give these a cast. They’re B5(s) bogies. I believe they’re just used under EMUs. I had previously cast some B4 bogies as well. I’ll add both sets to the range at £12.50 a pairpost-1675-0-30798100-1544808902_thumb.jpeg

Michael

• Like 7

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

Please can I ask about the Southern Region Inspection Saloon Caroline 975025 which you produce?

Is this being produced in a choice of liveries and a choice of either with Wipac lights of with the Headcode box?

Originally the saloon carried BR Blue and Grey livery with two character route destination code boxes.

Then it was latter repainted into Network South East livery still with the same route code boxes.

Then when owned by DRS it was first repainted into a light shade of Southern Green keeping the route code box.

Finally in its current guise it was repainted into the darker Southern Green and gained the WIPAC lights as fitted to the DRS Class 37's. The route code boxes being removed and plated over both of which carried the name 'Caroline'.

I would be interested in a RTR SR Inspection Saloon and I am interested to know if the Inspection Saloon in its current form is the one only available?

Kind Regards

John

On 07/02/2019 at 23:04, HullCityB17 said:

Hi Mike,

Please can I ask about the Southern Region Inspection Saloon Caroline 975025 which you produce?

Is this being produced in a choice of liveries and a choice of either with Wipac lights of with the Headcode box?

Originally the saloon carried BR Blue and Grey livery with two character route destination code boxes.

Then it was latter repainted into Network South East livery still with the same route code boxes.

Then when owned by DRS it was first repainted into a light shade of Southern Green keeping the route code box.

Finally in its current guise it was repainted into the darker Southern Green and gained the WIPAC lights as fitted to the DRS Class 37's. The route code boxes being removed and plated over both of which carried the name 'Caroline'.

I would be interested in a RTR SR Inspection Saloon and I am interested to know if the Inspection Saloon in its current form is the one only available?

Kind Regards

John

Hello John

its available as the pre wipac state (not sure without looking who does the wipac lights) as the photo shows. It’s available in Blue/grey, NSE or the southern green named ‘Caroline ‘

regards

michael 

9A875043-3467-48F1-B286-C0DDEB9A3F72.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 06/07/2018 at 07:54, The Snapper said:

Seconded.

I would be in the market for 10 to 12 of these if you produced them.

I would be interested in 8 or more of the BR built China clay wagons in 7mm. For me empty, without hoods or the older flat sheet covers,which could always be added later.

There was an old thread discussing these in the 7mm section and a few people expressed interest in building complete rakes of them.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

I would be interested in 8 or more of the BR built China clay wagons in 7mm. For me empty, without hoods or the older flat sheet covers,which could always be added later.

There was an old thread discussing these in the 7mm section and a few people expressed interest in building complete rakes of them.

I believe that I'm starting the master fairly soon, then after soon other different open/van bodies

Michael

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I need to remould a cab to make roof bit thicker and haven’t put the revised chassis together yet as been busy with other things. 

The 104 will be little while yet as waiting to here back about the drawings and still waiting to here back about price for the DMU seats

Michael 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...

I've received back the Ironclad Push-pull, the 4-LAV sides and the 104/110 etches. I haven't had a chance yet to start to put a coach for a 104 together. I still need to do a front and inner ends for the 4-LAV.  However knocked the driving end up for the Ironclad P-P in a couple of days.

I'm at the Larger Scale show at Reading on Saturday

Michael

IMG_2075.JPG

• Like 2