J & M Hughes

mike hughes

Hello Michael, 

I am interested in acquiring some of your LNER vans. I read about them in the last GOG Gazette and wondered whether these are now available and, if so, what the options are?

Many thanks for your time and help,

David 

• RMweb Premium
On 15/02/2019 at 17:28, mike hughes said:

I believe that I'm starting the master fairly soon, then after soon other different open/van bodies

Michael

Any further thought on the clay hood? Would it be feasible to include room for a false floor (a recess for a piece of thick brass or plasticard that the under-frame is built on). Then bodies with and without covers (be it flat or pitched depending on period) could be swapped, allowing people to run full or empty rakes for one set of underframes.

Edited by Hal Nail

22 hours ago, south_tyne said:

Hello Michael, 

I am interested in acquiring some of your LNER vans. I read about them in the last GOG Gazette and wondered whether these are now available and, if so, what the options are?

Many thanks for your time and help,

David 

Hello David

Are you referring to RTR or kit?

For the kit I've designed a sprung axleguard (RCH) and built one, so now need to modify very slightly and then get them etched. For the LNER design brakegear need to do the masters of them and cast

Regards

Michael

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hal Nail said:

Any further thought on the clay hood? Would it be feasible to include room for a false floor (a recess for a piece of thick brass or plasticard that the under-frame is built on). Then bodies with and without covers (be it flat or pitched depending on period) could be swapped, allowing people to run full or empty rakes for one set of underframes.

I'd made a start on doing the master for the body (as an empty open). Hadn' thought about anything to do with the tarpaulins at all.

Michael

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, mike hughes said:

I'd made a start on doing the master for the body (as an empty open). Hadn' thought about anything to do with the tarpaulins at all.

Michael

Those are easily added anyway whereas you can’t remove them. Good news!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mike hughes said:

Hello David

Are you referring to RTR or kit?

For the kit I've designed a sprung axleguard (RCH) and built one, so now need to modify very slightly and then get them etched. For the LNER design brakegear need to do the masters of them and cast

Regards

Michael

Hi Mike - I am interested in both kit and rtr examples, depending on the price. Do you produce the rtr ones on an order-by-order basis id are they held in stock?

Thanks again for getting back to me, it's much appreciated. 

David 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, south_tyne said:

Hi Mike - I am interested in both kit and rtr examples, depending on the price. Do you produce the rtr ones on an order-by-order basis id are they held in stock?

Thanks again for getting back to me, it's much appreciated. 

David 

Hi David

I don't keep them in stock but I'm hoping to have some for Telford. Once I get the axleguards in production and the LNER brake gear done then I can have them as kits. I believe the price at the moment would be £57 for RTR and £30 for the kit (excluding wheels).

Michael

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mike hughes said:

Hi David

I don't keep them in stock but I'm hoping to have some for Telford. Once I get the axleguards in production and the LNER brake gear done then I can have them as kits. I believe the price at the moment would be £57 for RTR and £30 for the kit (excluding wheels).

Michael

Cheers Michael. I think I might be interested in some RTR ones - hopefully I should be able to make it to Telford this year. I'll drop you a line. 

Thanks again for your help,

David 

• 2 months later...

Thanks CME

It looks better now its in Green.

I will have very soon a couple of new EMU ends as well (ok one's revised) Photos to follow soonish. I've redone the SR 1963 style end (ie CIG, VEP etc) and also a 4-LAV driving end.

Also soon in the pipeline when I get back to drawing is Sprung axleguards for wagons.

Michael

IMG_2291.JPG

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

12 hours ago, mike hughes said:

Thanks CME

It looks better now its in Green.

I will have very soon a couple of new EMU ends as well (ok one's revised) Photos to follow soonish. I've redone the SR 1963 style end (ie CIG, VEP etc) and also a 4-LAV driving end.

Also soon in the pipeline when I get back to drawing is Sprung axleguards for wagons.

Michael

IMG_2291.JPG

Yes that looks even better in the green.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've one new EMU end and one revised end to add to the list.

The new one is an end for a 4-LAV EMU. This will include a dome. I'll have to look at the photos and drawings to see if these are suitable for any of the 3-SUB units?.

The revised one is for the SR 1963 EMU stock, i.e. 4-CIG etc. These have separate whitemetal jumpers.

What the photos don't show is that both have the control panels at the back as well. I choose to photo the masters as already in grey and would show the detail better.

Prices £12.50 for both and that's for the pair.

Michael

IMG_2653.JPG

IMG_2654.JPG

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 1 month later...

I've sent some more drawings to the etchers, 6 in total. A couple of them are to upgrade the Model express ones and one (once I've produced the masters for the resin casting) to upgrade a MTK one. When they come back i'll post some pics. Not sure it'll class as a big announcement :laugh_mini2:

Michael

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've had some new etches back

They are:- Bulleid 15" vent Open or corridor third, BR CCT, MK1 GUV, MK1 sleeper. The GUV has the Grilles and the half etch at the rear to allow the Newspaper sorting van with the bow ends and toilet version to be produced. With the Sleeper when I do make the roof duct I'll do both lengths (think it was the BR coaching IO group the details were in) Prices except the Bulleid coach TBA

Michael

IMG_2802.JPG

IMG_2803.JPG

IMG_2804.JPG

IMG_2805.JPG

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly photo of a finished 06 and put the windows in the Bulleid 15” vent third. I’ve bent up couple of the air deflectors on the windows. 

I’ve also put the hinges and chalk boards on the CCT. Noticed I’ve missed out 2 of the door frames for the bars which if the rest goes well i’ll add on the next drawing I do. 

48F8BB60-FC1C-45D9-AE71-6974352F4620.jpeg

724A01E0-12FC-41E5-9CF7-4BAE384E6890.jpeg

• Craftsmanship/clever 1