J & M Hughes

mike hughes

On ‎01‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 16:10, DavidM said:

Hi Michael, is there any news on the single car Derby Lightweight kit? Would be very interested in a model of Iris :-)

Dave

Hi Dave

No unfortunately no real progress as been so busy trying to keep up with orders, had the test etch back a while ago and haven't had time to build it yet, I will have to make the ends soon, there's a couple of underframe boxes I need to make as well.

Michael

Edited by mike hughes
added more

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, mike hughes said:

I heard from my etcher yesterday and they said that they're closed whilst the lockdown is in place. A few people might be waiting longer and some might have a shorter wait.

Michael

Sounds like the perfect time to crack on with something small, plastic and china clay wagon shaped to me :)

12 hours ago, mike hughes said:

I heard from my etcher yesterday and they said that they're closed whilst the lockdown is in place. A few people might be waiting longer and some might have a shorter wait.

Michael

Ooh, who's the etchers? I'm just about to fire some artwork off to PPD...:unsure:

JF

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...

New items available from me very soon are

LNER 6 plank wagon (think dia 192)

SR uneven plank 10’ wb van (Morton and freighter brake gear)

SR and BR plywood 10’ wb van (Morton and freighter brake gear)

BR 10’ wb iron ore tippler dia 1/185. If transfers available then can be with the ‘Stone’ Markings and as ZKV (Barbel)

BR China clay 1\051

In preparation 

Class 105 DMU

Class 304 EMU (definitely 304/2 and probably 304/1)

Salmon wagon

All will be available as kits or RTR

don’t think I’ve missed anything off for the moment!

Michael 

• Like 3

On 13/05/2020 at 17:55, mike hughes said:

New items available from me very soon are

LNER 6 plank wagon (think dia 192)

SR uneven plank 10’ wb van (Morton and freighter brake gear)

SR and BR plywood 10’ wb van (Morton and freighter brake gear)

BR 10’ wb iron ore tippler dia 1/185. If transfers available then can be with the ‘Stone’ Markings and as ZKV (Barbel)

BR China clay 1\051

In preparation 

Class 105 DMU

Class 304 EMU (definitely 304/2 and probably 304/1)

Salmon wagon

All will be available as kits or RTR

don’t think I’ve missed anything off for the moment!

Michael 

Happy looks like my 304/2 in preparation layouts being modified ready for it.

20200424_162142.jpg

Edited by spenc
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mike hughes said:

Yours is one of the 304/2's, definitely be a 304/1 as well to be added to my range

Michael

304/1 will be after I built the 304/2 if you do a 310 it would be nice.

Steve

• Like 1

Definitely will be a 304/1, I'm just waiting closer to when I have everything coming together to find out if I'm doing the commission as a kit or RTR. Least having that then opens the door to other classes with only different underframe boxes I.e. classes 305, 308.

Once have the fly press and get hold of the drawings (cant at mo due to something happening in the world) then a 310 and imagine as very similar a 312 is a strong possibility

Michael

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Can you give a bit more detail on the SR vans and BR china clay please? For instance are the main components all brass and the castings white metal. They certainly are of interest.

All the best.

38 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

Can you give a bit more detail on the SR vans and BR china clay please? For instance are the main components all brass and the castings white metal. They certainly are of interest.

All the best.

The China Clay and the SR vans are resin body with sprung axleguards, with white metal for the underframe brakes with etched lever guide and brake lever.  (some wagons have white metal brake levers). The vans have plastic roof. The SR vans can either have Morton or lift-link brakes.

Michael

Edited by mike hughes
added more text
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 months later...

I've redone the mould for the SR 5-plank wagon (dia 1375), 3rd time lucky for that one over the years, definitely a learning curve.

I've made start on the brakegear for the China clay, least now done a separate mould for the top opening bar.

Anyway that's the 2 SR vans, the LNER 6-plank and the SR 5-plank available now as kit (£30) or RTR (£60)

Michael

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

Hi Mike

Apologies if I've missed it but do you have any photos of the 1/051 china clay wagon? Can't see anything on your website.

Many thanks.

I haven’t had a chance to update the website as been so busy. Took a picture in primer and put it here, it’s about halfway down

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/137515-mike-hughes-workbench/page/6/

Michael