J & M Hughes

mike hughes

On 20/02/2021 at 17:31, D6775 said:

Motor bogie looks good, how is it mounted and what is the wheel base? 

It’s got a fold up mounting piece. The wheelbase can be adjusted between 8’ 6” to 9’ 

Michael 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mike hughes said:

It’s got a fold up mounting piece. The wheelbase can be adjusted between 8’ 6” to 9’ 

Michael 

Thanks. Will keep it in mind when I get my kit, though I think the bogies frames may be a little too open to hide it!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/02/2021 at 17:27, Kubes said:

Hi Michael

The motor bogie looks good. Will it be able to fit under a carriage without needing any cutting of the floor?

Andy

I was doing a couple of COR motor coaches for a commission and tried the motor bogie underneath and found the floor needed to be raised by about 1 mm, so in fact it will fit under the floor. The mounting piece is 18mm from the wheel centres to the top.

Michael

IMG_3718.JPG

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 5 weeks later...

I've finally come up with the prices for the Salmon. Kit is £85. At the moment can only offer the 8' plate bogie, well once can get hold of buffers (once available again the LMS compound lever bogie will be an option) RTR is £140 with the crane version RTR £165. I will update the price list in due course. I still need to make a master for the bolsters. Will make when get a chance. 

Work is going through changes (not conducive to modelling) at the mo and also doing a few extra hours there.

Do have some good news in that got some of my bogie moulds back, haven't had a chance to try them all yet (didn't help melting pot heating element died which I replaced Sunday)

Michael

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...

A quick update, for the DMU seats I'm doing I've decided to have fold up etch legs to glue on the resin tops. I've nearly finished the legs design and getting there on the top part. The etch will comprise of 11 trebles and 22 doubles. These will be used for the low density DMU's. Once I've these back hopefully should of finished making the exhaust pipe masters and the roof vents (think they're the airvac type ie whats on the 104 & 105). 

Once these bits are done they'll be several DMU classes to launch.

Michael 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi Michael.

I've just started your 104 kit and it's coming together nicely. I think I'll sit a few stages behind you and follow progress. 😁

I've not built many kits like this, (The only similar one to my memory is a Westdale Mk1 Sleeper), so I think it's going to be quite a learning curve.

Great kit though. 👍

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

On 25/04/2022 at 10:10, The Penguin 0f Doom said:

Hi Michael.

I've just started your 104 kit and it's coming together nicely. I think I'll sit a few stages behind you and follow progress. 😁

I've not built many kits like this, (The only similar one to my memory is a Westdale Mk1 Sleeper), so I think it's going to be quite a learning curve.

Great kit though. 👍

Many thanks, I’ll have to get round to doing some more

Michael

• Like 1

First of a couple of posts in giving updates to work progress and planned items

I’ll start off with the smaller items, wagons 

Work still going on for the LNER and LMS van bodies, planned will be also BR diagram 1/204 (planked, should be able to do 1/200 plywood one) 1/206 shock van

Need to do some masters for the SR Ballast Plough, might have to be temporary without the ploughs (my guess would be 3D printed for these but don’t ask how!) 

Same for the BR Ballast Plough

There will be etched kits for the SR Even plank and Uneven plank Brake vans

Would like to do the BR Blue spot van dis 1/801 (BR clasp brake gear)

Michael

Working up to the bigger items, Coaches and NPCS

Well actually its all the NPCS, in the pipeline there'll a kit for the Fruit D, SR uneven and plywood CCT and PMV and a possibility of the SR plastic PMV. These will be resin with etched parts

Michael

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

For the Multiple units

I'm waiting for the window overlays for the 110 along with more resin parts, I've done the drawing for the other style of 105 DMBS (haven't sent away yet) still need to redo the ends for 108 and also for the 128

I'm awaiting for the 4-CEP motor coaches to arrive, still haven't got the drawing for the driving end. Also I would like to do a 306, awaiting a few more drawings for this

Michael

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

For the locomotives

I'm planning to reintroduce the Warship kit with the variations in the roof the both the Swindon and NBL versions (another one awaiting the licence)

For the Steam locos most of the BR and LMS need to look at the drawings to get the boiler right for a start, For the SR still need more drawings

There will be surprises along the way and will be announced in due course

Michael

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Wow, didn't realise how long since posted here. Anyway slight update, I've done the bits for the 110 and the other style class 105 DMBS (50359 etc) is at the etchers. For the wagons I've done LMS diagram D2097 van and also BR shockvan 1/206

I'm working on the Flatrol MHH, I've had to restart the drawing on this quite a few times to get the shape right

Pictures to follow as bit busy leading up to Guildex

Michael

1B79AC0B-31B1-454F-AC0D-EA4856F214B8.jpeg

10A3C7D9-BFB3-4DF4-9286-DD5091E87306.jpeg

Edited by mike hughes
Added photos
  • Like 1